GUI's of Filebot

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
ChefGregS

GUI's of Filebot

Post by ChefGregS » 12 Mar 2018, 00:28

I notice that when I run FileBot from it's folder instead of from the start menu a couple of the exe's have a different GUI. Curious why this is? I actually like the alternate GUI look rather than then general one.

I know I can simply attach the one I like (the first one) to the start menu or task bar...but just curious if it's selectable via the app somewhere? Would be nice to be able to select a color theme as well. I love the 3D look of that one.

Just wondering....

rednoah
The Source

Re: GUI's of Filebot

Post by rednoah » 12 Mar 2018, 06:18

:!: You're using an outdated version of FileBot. Please use the version of FileBot you have installed via the Windows Store to avoid confusion and get the best user experience. :!:

If you like the Nimbus Look and Feel (i.e. the Java Cross Platform Look and Feel) then you can enable that via ENV variables. Same layouts may be broken though because I never really test that particular Look and Feel.

You can use CMD to set ENV variables:

Code: Select all

setx JAVA_OPTS -Dswing.systemlaf=javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel

You can also use the Windows Settings GUI to modify ENV variables.
My (very excellent) support depends on Windows Store and Mac App Store sales and Patreon support. Paying users, donors and everyone who contributes to FileBot in one way or another will get the very best support.

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.

ChefGregS

Re: GUI's of Filebot

Post by ChefGregS » 12 Mar 2018, 17:23

Works great...thank you! :)