A sincere thanks.

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
inflyovercountry

A sincere thanks.

Post by inflyovercountry »

The further you read this note the more it may seem like sarcasm but I can assure you it is not. I write this in earnest.
I would like to give rednoah a sincere thanks for this software, it has saved me countless hours as I have renamed tens of thousands of files with it. I switched over to it when I realized "The Renamer" would not satisfy all of my needs. One of my favorite features of this software is it's ability to grab season and episode numbers if you have the name of the show and episode.
I would also like to give a sincere thanks to rednoah for switching to a pay only model for his software. I am not using that software as I refuse to purchase anything from the Microsoft store. At this time the only Windows option was the Microsoft store. In fact, when I learned that the software was now behind a "pay wall", I was upset but I was not moved to anything other than to not update the software.
I checked on the website occasionally to see if anything had changed like the price had come down, etc. I remember when I checked once and the price had gone up, not only up but had doubled. At this point I decided that I would not purchase the software, ever. I think it stemmed from the fact that at one point it was "Free" or at worst, shareware.
This time I was moved to make a change. I researched a found a different solution (not better) that fit my needs in the form of Sonarr. Sonarr is not filebot and filebot is not Sonarr, I get it. I'm also certain that the way I used filebot did not really scratch the surface of it's total functionality. My main use filebot was renaming new (meaning current) TV shows.
So I would like to give a sincere thank you to rednoah for not only creating great software, but for motivating me to look beyond this great tool and see if there was something out that better fit my needs and my specific use case.
rednoah
The Source

Re: A sincere thanks.

Post by rednoah »

You're welcome. Use the tool that works best for you. :ugeek:

:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nartana

Post by nartana »

I registered for the forum literally to say the same thing: Thank you.

Yes, there's a wee learning curve. And yes, it took a few go-rounds to get the expressions that worked for me.

But it was all right there for me to figure out, and rednoah is so engaged in support forums that every question I had... was answered, in some form, and easy enough to figure out.

I've always wanted to have my media files organized like this, I just thought I'd have to do it all by hand, one-by-one. It's so incredible the way this works.

Anyways, just wanted to say, the getting FileBot for my DSM has been one of the best purchases I've ever made - I've actually been sharing screenshots of my now-organized directories to show some friends how awesome this software is. I work in sound so - having the ability to indicate (right in the file name) what type of surround sound is available w/ each movie - is pretty much the coolest thing ever.

I'm sure it's exhausting at times to keep this ship moving forward but - cheers, man. It's a really cool thing.

/erin
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You're welcome. :ugeek:

Please make sure to share your format expression with the wider community. Might be useful for someone. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
Bhantu

Post by Bhantu »

Hi, I've bought the lifetime license and it has been one of the best purchases I ever made. Life-changing. Thank you for making great software and sharing it. You're obviously putting a lot of work in this project, I appreciate that. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Bhantu on 05 Jun 2019, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thank you for your support and purchase but most importantly taking the time the write a few kind words. It is much appreciated. :)
Nonlo

Post by Nonlo »

Hey, really! Thanks, this is really great!
dar124

Post by dar124 »

I wanted to echo all the above comments!! Glad to be a paid member and using FileBot again!! Thanks rednoah!!