Strange/Confusing TV Show results

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
doveman

Strange/Confusing TV Show results

Post by doveman »

I'm new to Filebot (which is pretty awesome) so forgive me if I don't quite understand exactyl how it's supposed to work yet.

I don't understand why sometimes it highlights one or more files in the right-hand pane in pink, as you can see in this screenshot

It doesn't seem to give me any indication as to why it's alerting me about these files.

It also made a mistake with episodes 10 (at the top), 3, 4 and 6 and seems to think they're from series 2, whilst all the rest are correctly identified as from series 1 (all the files are in a folder titled "The Killing", I have a separate folder titled "The Killing S2" for that).
rednoah
The Source

Re: Strange/Confusing TV Show results

Post by rednoah »

If its just plain numbers you can't handle the same episode multiple times at once. Episode 1 interferes with another Episode 1 and so forth. If its 1 2 3 4 etc it must be one file per episode. Also 1_(0) is not recognised (but fuzzy logic might still match that right).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Because the original naming is bad it's very likely that there are mismatches. So FileBot highlights stuff that is likely to be wrong. Might as well be correct. Just not sure.
doveman

Post by doveman »

Sorry the image isn't clearer. I accidentally reduced the size when posting.

Each episode has a .flv and a .jpg, so Episode 10.flv and Episode 10.jpg. Does that count as bad naming and confuse Filebot? My movies generally have an accompanying .jpg or similar, so if Filebot doesn't like two files of different types with the same name it's going to be highlighting everything I rename with it.

I could understand 1_(0) being confusing, but even there Filebot's not consistent, with 1_(0) correctly being renamed to Episode 1x01, 2_(0), 5_(0) and 9_(0) also being correctly renamed, whilst 3_(0) and 4_(0) are wrongly renamed to Episode 2x03 and 2x04. Episode 6 and Episode 10 are also wrongle renamed to 2x06 and 2x10, so it's not just the _(0) that's causing this to happen.

The only renamed files not highlighted by Filebot are Episode 4_(0) wrongly renamed to 2x04. Why would it think these are correct whilst all the others are wrong?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. If the extension is different then it doesn't matter. FileBot will my consider it as the same set.

2. That's difficult. Some of it might be matched using absolute episode data from the db (which my be incomplete). Some based on text similarity and so forth. I would have to do some testing to see what is happening.

3. Not sure. It this case it's probably mostly based on fuzzy logic. Only seems to work for most cases but not necessary all.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The way you would have to rename these minded of shows (missing season number) is to do it semi-manually. Firdof tab the episode list for Season 1 only and drag it into the "New Names List". Then drag in the files and click match. This way you can basically manually preselect episode data and only match with that.

Not sure right now but in the tutorial video I do something similar a think with one example usecase.
doveman

Post by doveman »

I tried what I think you're suggesting, which was to go to the Episodes tab, search for The Killing (I did season 2 this time), then drag the results to the Rename tab which puts them in New Names.

Then I loaded the files (just the .flv ones this time) from my folder "The Killing S2", which are named "Series 2 Episode 1", etc. Still Filebot highlights them all except 2x04 for some reason. I also had to manually move "Series 2 Episode 10" to the bottom of the list, as it defaulted to the second position after "Episode 1" and Filebot doesn't seem able to deduce from the title which episode it is and would have renamed it 2x02 if I hadn't moved it (putting all the following files out by one as well).

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

When you drag it in it's in order of the dragged data. E.g. Alphabetic order for files. But once you got episodes and files dragged in you can click "Match" to make FileBot align/match all the files/episodes.
doveman

Post by doveman »

I didn't drag the files to the left pane, I clicked Load but I see that clicking Match does auto-rearrange them and I don't have to drag the files to the right position thanks.

Still don't understand why it highlights all the files except 2x04 though. I'm not really sure why it highlights any of them as I'd have thought the original filenames have enough information for it to correctly ID them.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not really. Episode 1 says nothing. What Show? What Season? Also FileBot will not trust single-digit numbers. Actually it should all be red, telling you to better have a look. Why exactly 2x04 is not red I don't know. That depends on text similarity between original file and matched episode. Probably just barely scratches the threshold for a valid match.
doveman

Post by doveman »

Well the folder name is The Killing S2 which Filebot can obviously use to deduce the showname as it did in the first screenshot (and in the second I dragged the New Names from the Episodes tab, so there should be no question that it's The Killing S2) and each file is named "Series 2 Episode x" so the Series number is clear as is the Episode number, but if Filebot won't trust single-digit numbers I'll just get used to the names always being red.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

alright, the way you do it should work. In the screenshot filenames only contain only epno but no season number. With the red I really just try to make people double check. In many cases the match should still be good so you can ignore that after a quick look.

So far I have a special logic for Season X Episode Y that override generic logic. I'll add a pattern for Series X Episode Y as well for future releases.
doveman

Post by doveman »

I was referring to the screenshot in my post on May 28, 2012 12:52 pm (6 posts above this one), which shows "Series 2, Episode x".

That'll be great if you can add a pattern for Series X Episode Y, thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

r999: added "series X episode Y" as recognized pattern
doveman

Post by doveman »

Nice, thanks.