Rename mistakes path (parent directories) as title (GUI)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
james.r.barker

Rename mistakes path (parent directories) as title (GUI)

Post by james.r.barker »

Hello rednoah!

Thank you for an absolutely amazing program :) I've been using filebot for a little over a year to orderly name my many movie backups. I have noticed a maybe-bug since I started using filebot -- around v4.0(?). Here's what happens:

When I drag/select a movie file for renaming, filebot gives suggestions based on the full path. For example:
/home/james/Desktop/somemovie.mkv will give me about 50 suggestions including movies called "james", "Desktop", etc... I have tried sourcing movies from other directories (such as /media/james/external/) but the result is similar.

Is there a way to force the program to ignore the path and use only the file name and/or metadata? Let me know if I can offer more info, specific examples, or test some things out.
Note: this may be related to http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic ... name#p5695
James

FileBot 4.2 (r2321) / OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7.0_55 (GUI)
filebot_4.2_amd64.deb
Ubuntu 14.04 x64
Linux 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:51:08 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
rednoah
The Source

Re: Rename mistakes path (parent directories) as title (GUI)

Post by rednoah »

I've checked on my Ubuntu system and I can only confirm that user.home and "Desktop" is excluded just fine.

Is there any console output? Screenshots? Example paths? filebot -script fn:sysinfo? filebot -clear-cache?

I've tried /home/james/Desktop/somemovie.mkv and then results in a dialog asking to define somemovie which is expected behavior.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
james.r.barker

Post by james.r.barker »

Hey there rednoah,

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't run filebot from a terminal console at the time, however I did capture a screenshot and full path of an example issue. In this particular case, the correct result was at the top of the list, but this is not always the case. As the screenshot shows, there are results included based on parent directories' names.

Input path (an external drive in this case)
/media/james/WD/Stoker.mkv
screenshot.png
james@lappy:~$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.2 (r2321)
JNA Native: 4.0.0
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
chromaprint-tools: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (/usr/share/filebot/fpcalc)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.3.4
JRE: OpenJDK Runtime Environment 1.7.0_55
JVM: 64-bit OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 848 MB Max Memory / 16 MB Used Memory
uname: Linux lappy 3.13.0-32-generic #57-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jul 15 03:51:08 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

--- UPDATE AVAILABLE: FileBot 4.2 (r2326) ---

Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
###### despite the "UPDATE AVAILABLE" message, I do have 4.2 installed, but upgraded from 4.1 #######

filebot -clear-cache
Clear cache and temporary files
* Delete /home/james/.filebot/temp
* Delete /home/james/.filebot/cache

###### After clearing the cache, manually reverting the file back to its previous name, and running through filebot again, it displays results based on the filename alone. What could have caused the file path interference on the first attempt (re: screenshot)? #######

J
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, FileBot knows to ignore your $HOME /home/james but not random folders that happen to match your username (that would be a bad idea).

Just add a structure root folder like Movies that FileBot can make sense of:

Code: Select all

/media/james/WD/Movies/Stoker.mkv
james.r.barker

Post by james.r.barker »

Cool thanks, I'll give that a try. Does filebot use only the filename to determine the movie title or does it also look at metadata?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'll look at everything you can think of, and a bit more. Though "metadata" is mostly neglected cause I've never ever found a fully tagged mp4/mkv/avi to test with.

FileBot does fully support and work with it's own xattr metadata, though that's quite application-specific.