Ignoring file types

Any questions? Need some help?
part timer

Ignoring file types

Post by part timer »

Maybe this seems obvious and I'm missing something here, so I'll just ask the question.

I have an external drive filled with movies that have been through a few other renaming and cataloging programs and things and I'd like to rename them now with filebot. I still don't want to just run a script on it yet in case of errors so I'm manually dragging and dropping folders from explorer a few at a time for right now.

Then I have to manually scroll down the list for the filetypes I want to ignore and delete them from the left pane then delete them from the right pane (and make sure I delete the right ones). That's making this process harder and more time consuming. Is there any way I can get filebot renaming window to just ignore *.xml *.nfo *.jpg or only process the video file and the subtitle?

I guess I could search for those filetypes in windows and delete them first, but if I could just ignore them in the program that would be better for me, if it was nice and easy.

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Ignoring file types

Post by rednoah »

Why would you need to exclude those files? Won't affect movie matching in anyway. Only generic files that match movie files by name will be moved along with the corresponding movie. You can still delete things later.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

But if you really need that. Just search for *.avi, select everything and drag in your selection. That works with any DnD enabled application. ;)
part timer

Post by part timer »

The problem is that some of the nfo's match the video file name so they show up and the xml matches the video name with the extra extension .dvdid.xml

I could search for just the avi's like you mentioned but there are hundreds and then I would also want to include the srt subs I already have as well, though not all have them.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I also just realized that it doesn't seem to matter which db I click on to match against it shows the $rating votes from tvdb instead of imdb.

1. Is it easy to change that for future renames, or do I have to run a script to tell it what db to use?
2. What about the folders that have been renamed already? Is there an easy way to rename them, or it would probably just create a new folder for it and then I delete those afterwards?

Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1. IMDb has no API to get that info. Extra data like rating, certification, director, etc is always retrieved via the TheMovieDB API.

2. Not sure what you mean. Doesn't matter if files have already been renamed. FileBot will always create folders so files can be moved but never delete folders that are possibly left behind. For that you can use the cleaner script => http://filebot.sourceforge.net/scripts/cleaner.groovy

3. Doesn't matter how many and what files you drag in. Just select all the files you want and drag them in. If you drag your media folder into Analyze panel then you can drag all avi/srt/etc files just by dragging a folder in the Types tab.

In Windows 7 I can just search for "*.avi OR *.mkv OR *.srt", Ctrl-A and Drag-n-Drop. Anything I could add to filebot would never be as easy, efficient and flexible as just dragging in the right files.
part timer

Post by part timer »

I never knew a use for that Analyze panel, that works well. Thank you for that tip.