Problem with Nature of Things

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
sanjonny

Problem with Nature of Things

Post by sanjonny »

using windows 8 and trying to rename several files that are from the series The Nature of Things

Some were named as The Nature of Things and some named as The Nature Of Things.

The series is in the TVDB as The Nature of Things.

I tried several times on 2 computers to rename them via the GUI, and it all showed as if there were going to be renamed as little of (even gave the dialog for invalid characters for the names that had invalid characters, but did not change the filenames when you actually ran the change. I have no idea why and this is the first time I ran into it.

I used bulk rename utility to rename them and it worked fine. Very very strange.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Problem with Nature of Things

Post by rednoah »

Include file paths as text as when reporting mismatches
@see http://www.filebot.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1868

PS: Have you tried the latest beta?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

In my limited defense, I often post stuff from not on the computer that is having problems with so anyway, since I am now sitting at that computer my info is below.

The file path was different on the two machines, on one it was V:\acheck\Nature of Things\the files
on the other machine it was \\NSA320\video2\acheck\Nature of Things\the files

I will update this post with the image of one of the trials. Note that it says it will change the files to the correct case, but it does not...

Also note in Yes Dear, the weird match that happens for what should be season 6 episode one, but for some reason it matches as season 5 episode 11 (which is a totally different episode) which i will post in a different screen shot. The TVDB has the correct info which is 6x1 Radford Reshuffle. I guess I should also mention that I use a names.txt file on that show to remove the Yes, Dear to make it Yes Dear, in case that might be part of the cause of the problem.

FileBot 4.5 (r2612)
JNA Native: 4.0.0
MediaInfo: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
7-Zip-JBinding: OK
chromaprint-tools: fpcalc version 1.1.0 (C:\Program Files\FileBot\fpcalc.exe)
Extended Attributes: OK
Groovy Engine: 2.3.7
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_25
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 1 GB Max Memory / 406 MB Used Memory
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

For files where only the case changes, it may not be possible to rename it. Since on Windows the filesystem is case-insensitive. So a.txt is the same as A.txt, so a.txt is already A.txt and so on. Explorer probably has some special magic to get around that. This is naturally only an issue if you rename files in place, and cannot be an issue if files are copied or moved into a new structure.

I will only look at mismatches if I can try it myself, and I will only try it myself if I can copy & paste the path from your post.

Please post full paths for input files and output files (as text). ;)
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

rednoah wrote:1.
For files where only the case changes, it may not be possible to rename it. Since on Windows the filesystem is case-insensitive. So a.txt is the same as A.txt, so a.txt is already A.txt and so on. Explorer probably has some special magic to get around that. This is naturally only an issue if you rename files in place, and cannot be an issue if files are copied or moved into a new structure.
Something about the logic in BRE (bulk renamer mentioned above) handles it in place and in reorganization and I think its code is open source so maybe you can see how he does it there. It works for several case changes (upper, lower, title, exact) and I think is also java based, but I might be wrong about that. It might be a good idea for the two of you to work together because his program works magic on some things and yours works magic on some things and a union would probably be mind blowing. Filebot and BRE could combine and make a magic baby :twisted:
rednoah wrote:2.
I will only look at mismatches if I can try it myself, and I will only try it myself if I can copy & paste the path from your post.
Please post full paths for input files and output files (as text). ;)
I made extra effort in sizing the picture in my example to include the path. It is in the image just to the right of where I circled. Original folder would be the path, right? Typing it out when it is in the picture would be silly, since literally in this case a picture provides much more info
And again, same problem 2 different machines. So the path on the other machine would be \\NSA320\mpgs\comedy\Yes Dear\Season 6\filestoberenamed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

images are not text, so what i'm asking for is text that i can copy and paste, images are nice, but i can't copy and paste text from them

This is what a good report looks like, most importantly it contains the paths AS TEXT:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1906

This is a post for the latest version:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1609

You're using FileBot 4.5 (r2612) which is not the LATEST. There's a BETA for FileBot 4.5.3 in the link above.

PS: the "mismatch" you're referring to look pretty good to me... originally it was "The Radford Reshuffle" then it was "The Radford Reshuffle" so you're complaining about incorrect data on TheTVDB that FileBot is matching as correctly as possible, you probably need to check TheTVDB (and provide a link).
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

The mismatch is Episode 5x11 vs 6x1. Episode 5x11 is Broken by the mold, so I really have no idea what you are talking about. I
checked the TVDB and its correct, so I am all confused to hell. It should have matched it as 6x1 Rads....... not 5x11, something tweaky is going on as its getting the name right but not the number, which I have not seen before. In my opinion unless I am misunderstanding something, that is a huge error since it is combining 2 different database fields. The episode number from one and the name from another. I have not seen it do that before and am surprised it even could, but I don't program it so I am sure you know how it can happen.

I guess the link would be this, but you have to check both seasons ....http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 7511&lid=7

It took me over a year to be able to post images so I can only give what I can give. I have different versions on different computers, so I gave you what was on that computer that I was working on. On the machine that I posted that one, I only got the update notice when you posted 4.3 or whatever a day or so ago so now it is updated. Sometimes I have the betas and sometimes I don't and honestly, I don't always know where they are at because I am using different machines and travel all the time, so I kinda post when I remember it and where I can. Sometimes I post from my phone or tablet and its from memory, I figure better to mention it than not.

I completely understand wanting to get as much info as you can which is why I try and provide it, but in a situation where 2 different paths are doing the same thing and all that and it takes me quite awhile to post images cause I am a real estate broker and not a programmer or computer dude, its an major achievement to get you the screen shot that does have all the info.

And I am more technical than many of your users and I'm not technical really at all so I think most people trying to give error reports are doing what they can.
Before i was in real estate, I was a QA director (not software) so again, I know as much info as possible is good, and that is the intent but its not always top of mind to include everything I guess I am trying to say, whether it is a full report or not, the problem is still a problem. When I find something, I usually try out many different things to see if I can find out what is going on, like trying it on different computers and different versions so I can provide that information.

Anyway, as always thanks for what you do, and I am really curious about what is going on with that episode since in my little brain, I didn't think it was possible to have the episode number be different from the name when the database has it as 6x1 to make it 5x11

It seems like it should have come up as 6x1 Radford Reshuffle or 5x11 Broken by the Mold but 5x11 Radford Reshuffle makes no sense. That of course is assuming they are the same fields, I can see if its a relational database how they could be screwed up, but I have not seen that before with Filebot.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I understand the issue, but unless I can reproduce it I really can't do anything about it.

It works perfectly as far as I can test:

Code: Select all

Input: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/yes dear 5x11.mkv
Input: /Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/yes dear 6x01.mkv
Group: [tvs:yes dear] => [yes dear 5x11.mkv, yes dear 6x01.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [yes dear]
Fetching episode data for [Yes, Dear]
[DUPLICATE] Rename [/Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/yes dear 5x11.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/Test/OUTPUT/TV Shows/Yes, Dear/Season 05/Yes, Dear - S05E11 - Broken by the Mold.mkv]
[DUPLICATE] Rename [/Users/reinhard/Test/AMC-TEST/yes dear 6x01.mkv] to [/Users/reinhard/Test/OUTPUT/TV Shows/Yes, Dear/Season 06/Yes, Dear - S06E01 - The Radford Reshuffle.mkv]
Processed 2 files
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
number and title not matching cannot happen, it's one data record. Airdate/DVD numbers may be different, so that depends on your settings. Also the data on TheTVDB can change over time. It may have been wrong before, and now it's been corrected.

I can only fix problems that I can reproduce, to reproduce them I need to recreate the file structure. There's many people reporting issues, but only one of me to fix them. So to save time on my part I'd be really helpful if you post them as text. ;)