Presets are gone

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
whocares

Presets are gone

Post by whocares »

Just wanted to let you know, that my presets are gone after I updated from 4.7.2 to 4.7.5.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Presets are gone

Post by rednoah »

Thanks for the post! Before a real human comes by, please make sure your report has all the following points checked:
  • What are you trying to do achieve? What's not working? What have you tried so far?
  • Include screenshots, logs or filenames (i.e. demonstrate the issue)
  • Include basic information (i.e. sysinfo output)
:idea: Please read How to Request Help and Fix Problems, Report Bugs, Get Features
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Trubbleguy

Post by Trubbleguy »

taking a page from Autohotkey, they use the documents\autohotkey folder to store functions and other handy stuff, would it be easier to make a documents\filebot folder for windows users and create preset files in a standard format, like "RenameTV.fb.txt" and filebot just looks in that folder and lists them when you click the preset button, users could then download anyone's preset file, modify it, save it in documents\filebot folder and it never gets deleted on updates
This would be super simple to edit presets and share them.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Presets don't get lost. They're stored in the registry.

If you're switching between distributions (e.g. legacy package to Windows Store app) then you need to migrate your settings, because each distribution stores settings in a unique location, so they don't interfere with each other.
Raseru

Post by Raseru »

Well mine certainly got lost. Java was bugging me to update so I did, it then told me to uninstall older versions of Java as they were a security risk and then find out the next day it deleted all my scripts. My bad for not properly backing them up, but for the files to disappear from something as simple as a java update sure seems fickle. I tried a system restore hoping I could recover the data, but filebot just got corrupted and couldn't be repaired or re-installed, oh well.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Newer versions of FileBot periodically backup your preferences to a file called preferences.backup.xml just in case you loose your registry settings, so you should be able to restore with that easily.

:idea: The Windows Store version of FileBot does not use the registry to store settings.