Movie film in Italian

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
SKSVip

Movie film in Italian

Post by SKSVip »

Hi at all,
i'm new of this forum. I have installed FileBot on Ubuntu 12.10 and it works fine.
I have selected Italian in preferences, and the recogniction works fine, but i can't find any movie title in Italian (he found always the exact title in English).
There was a trick to receive the Italian title? I have already tried every of the 3 selection (IMDB, ... )
Thanks in advance and best regards
Andrea Consiglio
rednoah
The Source

Re: Movie film in Italian

Post by rednoah »

You can only get internationalized titles if you use TheMovieDB.

Checked a few titles and looks like nobody ever bothered to enter German/Italian/Spanish titles for most movies. Russian, Chinese, etc works fine though so technically it works, TheMovieDB just defaults to English for most movies.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
SKSVip

Post by SKSVip »

Hi rednoah,
thanks for your reply. Do you know if exist a server like TheMovieDB in italian? How can i add the titles in italian in TheMovieDB (if it is possibile)?
Thanks again
Andrea
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm pretty sure you can add that info. Just go to their website, login and add that info.
SKSVip

Post by SKSVip »

I have tried to add on IMDB.it the film "Alla ricerca dell'isola di Nim (2008)" alias "Nim's Island" - USA
My file name was "Alla Ricerca Dell'Isola Di Nim 2008.720P Bluray Dd Ita Eng x264-Hook.mkv" and it recognized me correctly the English title, but there isn't the italian one...
I don't understand...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

IMDb search works with international titles. Search "Alla Ricerca Dell'Isola Di Nim 2008" get "Nim's Island" as a result. IMDb is a closed database, it knows the italian title, but it'll only tell me the english one. That's just how it is. So, as I said, FILEBOT IMDB-SCRAPER DOES NOT WORK WITH INTERNATIONAL TITLES! That is, search YES, results NO.

So only TheMovieDB has supports language preferences for both search and results, whatever they have in their database. If you want Italian titles add them to TheMovieDB and help other Italian folks out, otherwise use English.
SKSVip

Post by SKSVip »

OK,
i have understand...
I'll try to add all the titles on TheMovieDB in italian and change it manually.
Thanks again
AC
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure! Thanks for helping out with entering data into TheMovieDB!

:idea: Keep in mind that due to various layers of server-side and client-side caching it may take up to a week till FileBot uses the newly entered italian titles.
diesis

Post by diesis »

I use imdbid field in my renaming scheme.
I use TMDB because I have italian title names, and it seems to work: what's the meaning of imdbid using TMDB source ?
I have verified, and is not the IMDB url id, and themoviedb.org has no id in the url, I think it's only a TMDB api related id.
But knowing that the imdbid filed in a filename is the one of imd or tmdb is not clear.
It would be nice to add a prefix to imdbid to know if the id used in the filename is coming from imdb tmdb or something else ...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, the naming engine is completely oblivious of where the matches come from. {imdbid} should always be imdbid, it may have to ask TMDb for the IMDbID. So the data in TMDb is probably wrong.