latest few updates put priority on episode number

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
sanjonny

latest few updates put priority on episode number

Post by sanjonny »

Which is a problem as the great thing about filebot is that in most matching, it put the priority on the text of the episode title and would then change the season and episode number appropriately.

Please either allow us to revert to that priority level or give the option for that.

Explanation:
Unfortunately getting shows from multiple sources, they are often misnumbered on the original file number/episode number, but with the correct episode title. Often either episode numbers are different within the same database depending on DVD order or airing order and also between different sources like the tvdb vs tvrage

When I recently tried to rename multiple files, It seemed that the base renaming matching priority feature had changed.

For example, in the past, when looking up say infamous assassinations from the tvdb website, if a file was misnamed as
infamous assassinations S01E04 Heydrich butcher of Prague, it would correctly match to S1E09 - The Assassination of Heydrich. Now it seems to instead take priority with the episode information as S01E04 and continually matches as S1E04 - The Assassination of Lord Louis Montbatten. Also, it used to visually indicate there was a difference in the episode naming of varying degrees via color changes, but in the above example, it doesn't change colors at all. The issue here is, it actually tries to have lord montbatten twice in the list, along with adolph hitler, which it incorrectly matches S01E03 - Adolph Hitler as S01E03 as The Assassination of John Lennon.

Granted there are updates to the TVDB for this episode list (some I have done myself) but this is an example that I have encountered more than a few times since I think 3.1 so something is definitely not as dependable, at least for that part of matching. The fuzzy matching of episodes was extremely dependable in the past and it seems the recent changes have lost some of that functionality/priority.

I am not sure if this is related to caching of info and will do that next to see if that helps the problem, but I think it is more of a priority thing.

Please also note that after writing this, I will change some of the incorrect info in the tvdb to better match the actual show titles regarding this specific series, but this is not the only example of this occurring recently.
sanjonny

Re: latest few updates put priority on episode number

Post by sanjonny »

i have some great screenshots that would fully show exactly what I mean, but I do not know how to upload them here. I think they have to be on a server somewhere to post on the board, but I could easily email them as needed.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

Matching issues in image above

edited, links to larger images and more explanation in post below, just learning how to post images slowly

This will show the actual filenames vs the naming.

episode list after clearing cache using 3.2 pt 1

scrolled to show rest of list
Last edited by sanjonny on 20 Dec 2012, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

so I don't know what I am doing posting images obviously, I tried putting the tags in, but here are the links instead

http://flic.kr/p/dCssy8

http://flic.kr/p/dCxTvC

http://flic.kr/p/dCxTxA

second and third link are the tvdb lookup for the infamous assassination basically a snapshot of the info at the time I scrolled so you could see all the data that filebot fetched.

Also note the lack of color notating the different matches on the actual matching page. Before if say Ernst Roehm was matching to Trotsky like it is (top of matching page), it would have been pink or red.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I continuously make changes for be matching logic so can't say why it's that way and what the reasons were for tweaking it. Can u find the latest older version that works as you say? You can download old versions on Sourceforge.

Note that even before the episode name can only ever override SxE if it's a perfect match, i.e. episode title is exactly the same as in the database.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Having a second look at your helpful screenshots I noticed that it works in some cases, but if there is two files with the same SxE it doesn't. I'll see if I can figure this out. In the meanwhile if u rename those files one by one it'll probably work.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

Sorry, even though I live in a very modern city (san diego area) for some reason SDGE (the power company) cannot see fit to make sure our electric service is working the last few months with outages as long as a day.

I will go back, luckily I have multiple computers so I might not even have to redownload and install. I would say that in the past, basically if it had a good match for one item at a certain season and episode number, it would then match well with partial info on the other ones. For instance, it appears now that if something is mislabeled say s1e1 and there are two other files with s1e1 with lets call "good" episode titles, it will still go with the s1e1 title and repeat it. in the past behavior, assuming s1e1 matched properly, it would then match pretty well on partial matches of the other fields and adjust those episodes to match. For example, the Heydriech or Ernst Roehm files in the past would have likely matched correctly and also would have indicated they were not a great match via the color change on those lines too.

I also think I might be able to pull up a couple examples that might help identify the change, it just will take me some time. I really only noticed the change starting with 3.1 (so I would guess that 3.0 is okay) and thought it might just be random bad or weird data from tvdb, but its showing up more frequently.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

I would also say this fuzzy matching has been the main reason I love filebot, because my tivo files are almost always mislabeled as to season and episode number because of I guess tivo guide data or whatever and using filebot would fix it almost every time. I love the program and hopefully am not coming across as sounding bad about it or anything, I also know that you are quick on fixing and tweaking things, which is also very helpful.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yeah. If you send me examples to test with I can have a look.

For now you can delete all the SxE pattern from the names with generic renames and FileBot won't be confused by misleading SxE and always funnel everything into that fuzzy text filter.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

Going back to version 3.0, it appears the matching works what I would call better or the older way as it seems to prioritize the fuzzy episode matching over the incorrect episode titles.

using the same examples that i have in the images above, instead of repeating the Lord Louie, it correctly matches the fuzzy names really well. I already renamed those episodes, but I will try and post some other comparison examples since I have the different versions on different computers.