Log file location/name (-log)

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
infinitemonkeys

Log file location/name (-log)

Post by infinitemonkeys »

Filebot command line shows a -log option. I have enabled it to log 'all' output, however I can't find any logfile anywhere. Searched filebot program folder, appears and even searched the entire drive. I am using the utorrent-postprocess.groovy script. Can anyone tell me where I can access the logfile?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Log file location/name (-log)

Post by rednoah »

--log allows you to set the log level for cmdline processing. It's --log all by default anyway.

It's standard console logging so if you want a log file you just have to redirect output like it says on my docs.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
infinitemonkeys

Post by infinitemonkeys »

Thanks
thach1ef

Post by thach1ef »

I didn't want to make a new thread since this one was asking the question that I'm trying to get answered.

How do I change where the log file is stored? You said above we can redirect output like it says on your docs, but I can't find that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Code: Select all

filebot -help

--log-file path/to/log.txt             : Log file
thach1ef

Post by thach1ef »

Thank you
tedrogers61

Post by tedrogers61 »

rednoah wrote:

filebot -help

--log-file path/to/log.txt             : Log file
How would one add this code to save the output to a file? Sorry if the help explains this; I can't check that right now.

Do you simply tag it on the end of the script query in filebot-node (near bottom of UI)?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot Node does not allow you to pass in raw command-line options. All the logs you see in the FileBot Node UI are already stored as files.
tedrogers61

Post by tedrogers61 »

rednoah wrote:FileBot Node does not allow you to pass in raw command-line options. All the logs you see in the FileBot Node UI are already stored as files.
Could you kindly direct me to them...I have been unable to find them in the SSH console. Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

find it yourself ;)

find /usr/local/filebot-node/ -name "*.log"
tedrogers61

Post by tedrogers61 »

rednoah wrote:find it yourself ;)

Thank you...I will! ;)

I've got to admit I'm a little paranoid in SSH. I'll now use the rather obvious 'find' command.

The other day within DSM FILE STATION I removed myself, and all users with admin privs, from being able to have rwx access to the directory where I have filebot running some tests (of course a lot of time invested could have been wasted) and then (upon clicking Apply) it vanished from my view. I panicked, and had to learn about 'chown' and 'chmod' to try and give myself (or anyone else) access to the directory again via SSH with root...took me 2 hours!!

After all that I realised I could have simply used DSM to add privs back in SHARED FOLDERS. Big 'doh!' moment. Anyway, I learned a lot!!!

I need to ask you another question please, but I will start another thread as it is unrelated to this one.

Thanks for your excellent response time!
thabeef

Post by thabeef »

rednoah wrote:find it yourself ;)

I'm having an issue with my filebot not auto renaming files as they are downloaded with utorrent. Everything has been working fine until just this weekend. No changes have happpend to the computer so i'm not sure why it stopped. I just purchased the Windows Store version as i've been meaning to buy it since I love your program (when it worked). I have this listed as run program when torrent finishes.
filebot -script fn:amc --output A:/ --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def music=n subtitles=en artwork=n plex=127.0.0.1 "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" --def excludeList=amc.txt --def clean=y

This is what the Logs say repeatedly.

Script not found: amc
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Script not found: amc
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptBundle.getScript(ScriptBundle.java:54)
at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:72)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:113)
at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:28)
at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:124)
Failure (°_°)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Have you tried the latest version of FileBot?

This message indicates that you're using an old version of FileBot:

Script not found: amc
If you have installed FileBot via the Windows Store, this could not possibly be the case, unless you still have and old version of FileBot installed somewhere that you've been using accidentally.

:idea: Install all legacy versions of FileBot until the filebot command does not work anymore. The install FileBot ONLY from the Windows Store.
Massaguana

Post by Massaguana »

Okay, here are now the Working Setup...

filebot --log all --lang German -non-strict -script fn:amc /home/hd3/massaguana/RcloneIng/temp/*.mkv --output /home/hd3/massaguana/RcloneIng/temp/ --def @/home/hd3/massaguana/RcloneIng/filebot.txt
filebot.txt

movieFormat={ny}/{ny}{' CD'+pi}{subt} - [GERMAN{fn.after(/German/)}]
seriesFormat={n} ({y})/{episode.special ? 'Specials' : 'Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} ({y}) - {episode.special ? 's00e'+special.pad(2) : s00e00} - {t.replaceAll(/[`´‘’ʻ]/, /'/).replaceAll(/[!?.]+$/).replacePart(', Part $1')}{'.'+lang} - [GERMAN{fn.after(/German/)}]