[FR] Local release-groups.txt option

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
the-professor

[FR] Local release-groups.txt option

Post by the-professor »

I was wondering if FileBot could look locally (in its install directory, for example) for a release-groups.txt list. And if there is none, then to go online and use the community one.

I know that rednoah does a great job of updating the online version, but here's my reasoning for the request. The release-groups.txt is currently very comprehensive with 1612 entries in it, however, I really only need about 30 or so. But occasionally, something comes along from a one-off release group, or a very low-volume one. It would be much easier for me to just add that one group to my local list than to have them added to the online list.

Additionally, without a local release-groups.txt file that I can modify immediately, FileBot is sometimes mistaking part of a show name as a release group.

Just my thoughts.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [FR] Local release-groups.txt option

Post by rednoah »

Give me some examples where the current release-groups.txt messes things up. FileBot even when it's using online query-search it'll still do multiple searches with more or less aggressive clean-up depending on results.

Besides all that there is another lookup that'll use a local index of almost all movies/shows that works from a completely different angle and isn't affected by release-groups.txt, query-blacklist.txt, etc. This alone will hit pretty much any popular movie from 1970 till now.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
the-professor

Post by the-professor »

Examples of where it goes wrong is what I found interesting.

For the TV series, "Prime Suspect (US)", the release group in every episode became "-Prime". (My renaming scheme removes the "(US)" from the title.)

Prime.Suspect.US.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL --> Prime.Suspect.S01E01.Pilot.HDTV.XviD-Prime
Prime.Suspect.US.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-LOL --> Prime.Suspect.S01E02.Carnivorous.Sheep.HDTV.XviD-Prime
Prime.Suspect.US.S01E09.HDTV.XviD-ASAP --> Prime.Suspect.S01E09.Gone.To.Pieces.HDTV.XviD-Prime
Prime.Suspect.US.S01E12.Aint.No.Sunshine.HDTV.XviD-2HD --> Prime.Suspect.S01E12.Ain't.No.Sunshine.HDTV.XviD-Prime

But, when renaming "Pawn Stars", only unlisted release groups' releases get messed up.

Pawn.Stars.S03E35.HDTV.x264-TRANSiENCE --> Pawn.Star$.S03E35.Trigger.Happy.HDTV.x264-STARS
Pawn.Stars.S03E36.HDTV.x264-LMAO --> Pawn.Star$.S03E36.Bossy.Pants.HDTV.x264-LMAO

It just seems to me that it would be easier for users to maintain their own release-groups.txt list locally, if they wish to, than to try to accommodate the online list to work for everyone and have to keep making programming changes to handle the unusual cases.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That's a side effect of the {group} logic. It assumes we know all of them.

With the naming scheme you can do absolutely ANY custom logic, even apply a white list from a file.

e.g.
fn.match(new File("groups.rex").text)

In anycase, if everyone just posted one group not on the list yet... so post them. ;)
the-professor

Post by the-professor »

I understand that adding the group "TRANSiENCE" would solve the Pawn Stars issue, but certainly "LOL", "ASAP" and "2HD" are already on the groups list, and yet using the {group} tag messed up Prime Suspect naming scheme on releases from those groups. It seems the resolution for that scenario is to not have the group, "Prime", on the groups list.

I was not aware of the "fn.match(new File("groups.rex").text)" syntax. I have a basic understanding of and use "fn.match", but could you explain the part in parentheses?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{group} currently just matches the last occurance of a known group name in the path. As long as the group is on the list and the group name is at the end of the filename it should work.

What I should you is just using match with a regex, but reading that regex from a file so you can easily edit it. That's just random groovy programming. Just though of it before and there's probably many other ways to get there.