Adjust TV Show title while renaming

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
sanjonny

Adjust TV Show title while renaming

Post by sanjonny »

I run into this one often with It's Always sunny in Philadelphia and recently with the new season of unearthing ancient secrets

In say the TVDB, unearthing ancient secrets is something like The Science Channel Presents Unearthing Ancient Secrets - Episode number, which would be nice to adjust while renaming to Unearthing Ancient Secrets to not have such a long filename, or for Sunny in Philadelphia, which I instead title IASIPHL.

For now, when using filebot, I rename the files and then use bulk file renamer (another absolutely great piece of software) to edit the series title. It would be nice and convenient to simply push a button in filebot to adjust the series title before renaming. Since I do this often, I imagine several other people would appreciate the ability to fix the name.

I think this is similar to the feature you added where you can force lookup of certain text via pressing shift before searching which I also use all the time, this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for all your hard work.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Adjust TV Show title while renaming

Post by rednoah »

You use or not use any variable and/or static text in the naming scheme:
http://filebot.sourceforge.net/forums/v ... ?f=5&t=182
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

I like all that, I frankly didn't know it had all the neat capabilities, but that would, at least for me, mean getting into the preferences to change it on a somewhat case by case basis, which could take a lot of time, especially for the odd onesy type filenames that happen every once in awhile. For stuff you do routinely, the outside alias file system is awesome (and I plan on building one) along with the acronym and such. The problem would be the odd files.

Unless I just don't know the code, it would be nice to be able to just hit a certain key combination to input the customized name. For example, for a few series and shows/movies, I only keep the one or two episodes and might not like the series name. It would be convenient to say if I only did for example the prior Science Channel example where instead of going into the properties to change the naming scheme to rename, if I could just substitute for the name, similar to how we can now do in searching. Because now if I was naming stuff and don't like the name in the database, I would have to go into the format, change the format, perform the rename and then go back into the format to change it back to the standard. It would be alot easier to hit Ctrl-click or something to change the series name in a pop up box.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Well, I guess that's exactly what my example with mappings from file does.

if {n} =~ x then use alias for x instead of {n}

The format is constant, but the format will read that mappings text file each time which you can edit anytime.

The naming scheme can contain arbitrary logic. So any logic you can describe can be built into the format.
sanjonny

Post by sanjonny »

I understand the example of looking in the alias file and will start working on that.

I might be misunderstanding you, if I change to that with a file, will it pop up if there is not a name or alias in the external file? The problem there is that I have several items where they are just one or two episodes where it would take even more time to do via open the file, change the name, close the file, use filebot to rename. etc etc.

I then would be better off just using the change dialog currently included for the files.

But maybe I am wrong

Code: Select all

if {n} =~ x then use alias for x instead of {n}
I am guessing this means if there exists an alias in the file, use that instead of {n}. I haven't really programmed in 20+ years so I honestly don't know what the tilde does.

What I basically would like it to do is I right click and get the series name stored in whatever db, but I hate it so I press some key combo and can change the n variable to whatever I want.
So for example, I have Its always sunny in philadelphia aliased as lets say IASIPhilly, and it looks that up in my alias file and automatically changes it,
But then I put in two episodes of say Unearthing Ancient Secrets and the tvdb comes up as The Science Channel Unearthing Ancient Secrets and instead of using that, or editing my alias file since I am likely to only ever do those two episodes, I could just hit keys and changed it manually thru a pop up box or something to Unearthing (lets say).

Going back to the file lookup/Changing the subject

Code: Select all

{def a; new File('E:/names.csv').splitEachLine(';'){ if (n == it[0]) a = it[1]}; a ?: n}
This is from your mapping code from the other link

I am basically guessing that it references names.csv (don't know what split lines does) looks there to see if there is the series name there and if so assigns the alias to a and changes a for n. If is doesn't exist then basically just put in n. Thats cool and honestly if that is basically what it does, life is so much easier now because in the past that would be about 5 lines of code to get the same thing done in one line since coding seems easier now. Thats great for the series that are in the file and I will implement that once I understand it a bit better, but it doesn't address the onsey twosey situation I am reference above (unless of course the code in the first line does exactly what I am asking for, and I just don't understand that.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep. That's what it does. Use that CSV file with custom mappings and use that instead of n, otherwise default to n.