"Naruto Shippuuden" gets tagged as "Naruto"

Any questions? Need some help?
Radnurag

"Naruto Shippuuden" gets tagged as "Naruto"

Post by Radnurag »

A lot of my downloaded episodes from Naruto Shippuuden episode 1 up till ~180 get tagged as being from Naruto, whilst they're not. The episodes are in several subfolders (for instance for episode 01-55, or from 56-138), all named like this: "01. Naruto Shippuuden"

The releases are from several groups (DB, Commie, Horrible, Crunchy etc.), and include a wide variety of file formats (mostly MKV and MP4 though).

At first I thought I might have spelled Shippuuden wrong (some spell it like Shipuden, Shippuden or Shipuuden) but after I checked out AniDB that didn't make any sense. Anyone willing to shed some light on this?
rednoah
The Source

Re: "Naruto Shippuuden" gets tagged as "Naruto"

Post by rednoah »

GUI => works
Tested "01. Naruto Shippuuden.avi" with AniDB and TheTVDB and both work.

CLI => works

Code: Select all

E:\testdata>filebot -rename "01. Naruto Shippuuden.avi" --db anidb --action test
Rename episodes using [AniDB]
Auto-detected query: [Naruto Shippuuden]
Fetching episode data for [Naruto Shippuuden]
[TEST] Rename [E:\testdata\01. Naruto Shippuuden.avi] to [Naruto Shippuden - 01- Homecoming.avi]
Processed 1 files
Not sure what you're doing but if you have a folder "Naruto" with all your "Naruto Shippuuden" episodes that might mess things up.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Radnurag

Post by Radnurag »

This is what my folders look like

And this is the result of tagging a folder using AniDB

It's not like it's not giving me any names, the names are just not the right ones. :)

I'll try using CLI, might do the trick.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Not sure. Maybe that parent folder "Naruto" is nodging things the wrong way. It's two different shows in the DBs so maybe treating it like one show like this doesn't work in this case.

PS: You can always SHIFT-click the datasource and force a "naruto shippuden".

EDIT:
I replicated your folders. Naruto and Naruto Shipuuden are both detected. But in this case the it'll not let you pick the show cause it thinks you'd pick Naruto anyway. Cmdline works because it'll just grab all data from all Naruto* shows and figure things out later, but you'll need -non-strict for that.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Radnurag

Post by Radnurag »

Thanks for the reply, and all the help! ^^

In the end I just moved the folders to a folder called "Naruto Shippuden" and that worked.
I made sure to donate you some beer-money! :D