BindException Error

Any questions? Need some help?
redeclipse

BindException Error

Post by redeclipse »

I recently installed FileBot and was eager to use it to organize my Plex library, but encountered an error when trying to do so.

When I started up FileBot and dragged in one of my folders to be organized I got the error "BindException: Cannot assign requested address: connect". If anyone knows of a solution to this please reply, any help is appreciated!

Picture of error I encounter: http://i.imgur.com/Lwv2X.jpg
rednoah
The Source

Re: BindException Error

Post by rednoah »

Some sort of low-level network issue. Possibly something misconfigured, firewall, VPN, etc. But I've never seen that one so not sure what to do and where to start...
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
redeclipse

Post by redeclipse »

rednoah wrote:Some sort of low-level network issue. Possibly something misconfigured, firewall, VPN, etc. But I've never seen that one so not sure what to do and where to start...
What port does FileBot use? I'm thinking it might have to do with another program using that port, and is it possible to change the port FileBot uses?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Actually it's not using any ports. Listening to ports. Somehow it can't establish and outbound connection. Normally there shouldn't be any trouble and has nothing to do with port forwarding etc... my out of the blue guess is firewall not letting it connect
redeclipse

Post by redeclipse »

This is confusing me, I made sure to let FileBot through the Windows Firewall, but still no luck. I hope you might have another idea because I really would love to use this program.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Random Idea 2: Maybe it's an IPv6/IPv4 problem? Try forcing IPv4 by adding this to the startup options in the *.l4j.ini file.

Code: Select all

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Random Idea 3: Run Java/FileBot in compatibility mode for Win 7 or XP. I'm pretty sure this as a Java 7 / Windows 8 issue.

Random Idea 4: Downgrade to Java 6.
redeclipse

Post by redeclipse »

Awesome, the Random Idea 2 worked great!

Can't wait to use this more and more, thanks again!