Data directory

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
cxhamilton

Data directory

Post by cxhamilton »

I am working on a "full" featured NZBGet pp-script for FileBot + AMC and I am running into an issue with permissions as it relates to the data directory. Is this directory supposed to be per-user, created in $HOME? Is there (or can there be) a CLI option to specify an alternate location for the directory to be created and updated? e.g. --data /path/to/data/directory
rednoah
The Source

Re: Data directory

Post by rednoah »

This would probably due the trick:

Code: Select all

export HOME=/some/other/folder
filebot -script fn:sysinfo
That's because java will use $HOME to initialize various default values. If you can't set $HOME then you could still set the appropriate Java Properties directly via the $JAVA_OPTS environment variable.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cxhamilton

Post by cxhamilton »

That will work, but I would request that it be considered as a CLI parameter. Thanks for making an awesome app! :-)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I don't really see the benefit of a custom FileBot-specific option that works only for FileBot, if there's already the $HOME environment variable which works for all applications and the -Duser.dir Java System Property which works for all Java applications.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
cxhamilton

Post by cxhamilton »

Understood, but $HOME is used by more than just FileBot. If you were scripting use of FileBot with other apps that rely on $HOME and changed $HOME for FileBot, you could negatively affect how the other apps work. It was just a suggestion. I will modify filebot.sh to use a different environment variable ($FILEBOT_HOME or something like that) to set -Duser.dir so that there is not a conflict.
evilsephiroth
Power User

Post by evilsephiroth »

Nevermind.

Setting HOME=/root fixed the issue and filebot is reading from the correct directory containing license information :D