Where's the error in this script? Files are renamed and moved. No emails are sent.

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
melvynadam

Where's the error in this script? Files are renamed and moved. No emails are sent.

Post by melvynadam »

I'm using this script on uTorrent's "Run this program when a torrent finishes" option (on Win 10):

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "//mynas/Multimedia" --action move -non-strict "C:/Users/[MyName]/Downloads/Completed" --log-file amc.log --def "seriesFormat=/TV/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --def excludeList=amc.txt --def gmail=[my email address]:[app password] --def "movieFormat=/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})"
Files are renamed and moved. No emails are sent. Can someone please help me work out why emails aren't going out?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Where's the error in this script?

Post by rednoah »

The Troubleshooting section in the amc script manual will give you lots of good advice. I'd start with that. ;)

Change --log-file amc.log to --log-file C:/amc.log and then look at the log at C:/amc.log to see if it says anything interesting.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
melvynadam

Re: Where's the error in this script? Files are renamed and moved. No emails are sent.

Post by melvynadam »

Thanks for the reply.

amc.log works just fine in the current location.

In that file I consistently see the same error message about sending emails:

MessagingException: Can't send command to SMTP host
But this exact same script works on a different computer on the same network. Both PCs are running Win10 and uTorrent.

Also, the host is Gmail and it's working just fine. If I use the same app password and run sendEmail from the same computer I am able to successfully send emails from that account from the command line. So the PC is connected, the password is valid, and the script is otherwise fine.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Where's the error in this script? Files are renamed and moved. No emails are sent.

Post by rednoah »

Here's some advice on how to debug things further:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/42309753/1514467

Please run the command with CMD. There might be additional console output that's not captured by FileBot logging.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

Thanks, I'd tried running it from the command line.

After the file is found, renamed correctly and moved, the console displays an error regarding the email problem:

[mail] Failed to send email: Can't send command to SMTP host
Done ?(?????)?
Like I've said though, this is a script that works. It's copied and pasted from another PC on which it gives no errors and emails are sent successfully. In my opinion there's some background prerequisite which either isn't installed or isn't configured. What back-end components does FileBot depend on for sending emails?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot is self-contained and doesn't have any prerequisites. Hence no idea why it might work on one machine but not another.

Did you get any additional console output after setting the JAVA_ARGS environment variable as mentioned in the link above?

-Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true -Dmail.debug=true
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

Sorry, on Windows where do I enter those arguments?
At the CLI I tried putting the script in quotes and the arguments before it:

java -Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true -Dmail.debug=true "filebot -script fn:amc --output "//<myNAS>/Multimedia" --action move -non-strict "C:/Users/<username>/Downloads/Completed" --log-file amc.log --def "seriesFormat=/TV/{n}/Season {s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}" --def excludeList=amc.txt --def gmail=<myemail>:<password> --def "movieFormat=/Movies/{n} ({y})/{n} ({y})""
The output was simple:

Error: Could not find or load main class filebot -script fn:amc --output ..myNAS.Multimedia --action move -non-strict C:.Users.username.Downloads.Completed --log-file amc.log --def seriesFormat=.TV.{n}.Season
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

Found it, I think. Is this where you want me to enter those args?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I have never seen this dialog before. Does it make a difference?

So you're on Windows? Using the Windows Store version of FileBot? In this case you can just set the JAVA_OPTS environment variable in the Environment Variables settings.

Alternatively, running this command in CMD will do the trick:

setx JAVA_OPTS "-Dmail.smtp.starttls.enable=true -Dmail.debug=true"
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

I used the setx command and got the success message. Nonetheless, no console ever appears.

Yes, I have enabled it:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You start CMD, so you have a console window, then you run the command from the first post, and with those options set, there should be additional logging when the email is being sent.
melvynadam

Post by melvynadam »

I thought you meant the Java Console window. Not the CMD window.
The output from the command remains unchanged after setting those options:

[mail] Failed to send email: Can't send command to SMTP host
I've also tried uninstalling Java, cleaning up all trace of Java on the machine, rebooting, reinstalling Java, and trying again. To no avail.

amc.log still only shows:

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sorry. Then I have no idea. It's a generic issue not specific to FileBot though, so you might find some solution if you Google for the error message and try various things.