Fully Automated Media Center FAQ

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
rednoah
The Source

Fully Automated Media Center FAQ

Post by rednoah »

Here's all the post from people that didn't create new threads. Please create new threads for new issues or questions. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
danielsokolowski

Re: Fully Automated Media Center

Post by danielsokolowski »

Does anyone have this working on Windows 8? I am able to execute the command directly (by looking the exact syntax in the Logger Tab) but I can't get it to work through uTorrent, I have even added it to run on any state change. Task manager shows nothing running and the command prompt window never appears.

Suggestions welcomed.
danielsokolowski

Post by danielsokolowski »

danielsokolowski wrote:Does anyone have this working on Windows 8? I am able to execute the command directly (by looking the exact syntax in the Logger Tab) but I can't get it to work through uTorrent, I have even added it to run on any state change. Task manager shows nothing running and the command prompt window never appears.

Suggestions welcomed.
The moment I posted it I tried the following and found a solution:

Code: Select all

cmd /K filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "D:/Media Library" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=y "ut_dir=D:\Media Library\_Torrents\The Collapsed 2011 DVDRiP XVID-TASTE" "ut_file=Thanks\Torrent Uploaded by Boobsman.txt" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=The Collapsed 2011 DVDRiP XVID-TASTE" "ut_label=" "ut_state=3"
Which resulted in a command prompt remaining and stating: "'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." This is odd as normally invoked prompt has no issues; adding JAVA path "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin" to system PATH environment variable fixed the issue.
Samdezwam

Post by Samdezwam »

Thanks for the great script!

One question, could it be adjusted to use multiple output folders (movies, music and tvseries are all on diferent drives with me).
At the moment, I solved this by using scheduled tasks instead of the integration with utorrent.

Grtz,
Sam
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Read "Customize Paths" where it's says "multiple drives". You just have to define an an absolute path with the format extpession for each category.
m3th1dz

Post by m3th1dz »

Would it be possible to add Pushover Notifications to this script? https://pushover.net/
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure, they seem to have a nice API. You could start by sponsoring me buying the app? :P But why not use the E-Mail Gateway?
Samdezwam

Post by Samdezwam »

rednoah wrote:Read "Customize Paths" where it's says "multiple drives". You just have to define an absolute path with the format expression for each category.
Great! Used this code (for TV shows) and works like a charm 8-) : --output "//server2011/" --def "seriesFormat=G$/ServerFolders/Series/{n}{'/Season '+s.pad(2)}/{n} {s00e00} {t}"

Thanks,
Sam
m3th1dz

Post by m3th1dz »

rednoah wrote:Sure, they seem to have a nice API. You could start by sponsoring me buying the app? :P But why not use the E-Mail Gateway?
Sure I'll buy you the app. ;) The only issue with using the email gateway is that you can't change the application name or icon.
jkaberg

Re: Fully Automated Media Center FAQ

Post by jkaberg »

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"

Is this correct? Cause I cant for the life of god get it to run with this, tried with 3-4 different downloads and none got processed
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What's the console output?

All the %VARs are resolved by utorrent. If you are testing standalone u must either fill in the variables or add arguments to make it switch into standalone-mode:

@see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brGyo2uQzSs
jkaberg

Post by jkaberg »

I should be able to get console output like this, right?
filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" >> "F:/filebot.log" 2>&1
Anyhow, I ran a manuall command like so;
filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess "F:\Downloaded\Torrents\seeded" --output "F:\Downloaded\_automated\_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n
Which processed everything in the dir, so I'm guessing theres something wrong with uTorrent. Could it be that I'm using uTorrent 2.2.1? (I perfere this verision alot more over the newer ones because they are so bloated)

EDIT: I can see now that in uTorrent 3.0 they added the %K to uTorrent, its it possible to go without this? (Nothing happends when I remove the %K from uTorrent "run this program" and download another torrent)

EDIT2: Ok so I installed the newst uTorrent (3.3.2?) and everything works for the most part, but how can I make sure that "processed" movies/series end up in "output folder"/"torrent name dir"/"torrent name.avi/mkv" (sometimes they only end up in "output folder"/"torrent name.avi/mkv")

Thanks alot!
Last edited by jkaberg on 24 Jan 2013, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So what's the console log say?

I actually I made sure it works without %K as well for the people using utorrent 2.*
jkaberg

Post by jkaberg »

It was actully the %K which was the problem, console said nothing and outputed nothing either which was wierd actully. But I've updated to uTorrent 3.3.2 and that solved it (the files get processed now). Anyhow another small problem of mine is,

how can I make sure that "processed" movies/series end up in "output folder"/"torrent name dir"/"extracted or copied name.avi/mkv" (sometimes they only end up in "output folder"/"extracted or copied name.avi/mkv")

:)

EDIT: solved with:
filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/%N/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/%N/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/%N/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S"
jkaberg

Post by jkaberg »

FALSE, didnt work.

I have this in my uTorrent log, but none get executed (eg. no filebot.log, and no new files in "the new dirs", and no CMD window opens)
[2013-01-24 11:21:13] Accepted launch|Type: auto Location: F:\Downloaded\Pramface.S02E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA.torrent

[2013-01-24 11:23:37] Utfører: filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/Pramface.S02E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/Pramface.S02E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/Pramface.S02E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=F:\Downloaded\_automated\_complete\Pramface.S02E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA" "ut_file=pramface.s02e03.720p.hdtv.x264-tla.sfv" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=Pramface.S02E03.720p.HDTV.x264-TLA" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5" >> "F:/filebot.log" 2>&1

[2013-01-24 11:25:32] Accepted launch|Type: auto Location: F:\Downloaded\Nursing.The.Nation.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-BARGE.torrent

here I tried removing the %N variable (look one post up to see what I mean) to see if that was what was causing it, but no go
[2013-01-24 11:27:28] Utfører: filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=F:\Downloaded\_automated\_complete\Nursing.The.Nation.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-BARGE" "ut_file=nursing.the.nation.s01e03.720p.hdtv.x264-barge.sfv" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=Nursing.The.Nation.S01E03.720p.HDTV.x264-BARGE" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5" >> "F:/filebot.log" 2>&1

[2013-01-24 11:40:40] Accepted launch|Type: auto Location: F:\Downloaded\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.torrent

[2013-01-24 11:42:45] Utfører: filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=F:\Downloaded\_automated\_complete\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" "ut_file=bb.theory.612.720p-dimension.sfv" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5" >> "F:/filebot.log" 2>&1
I've made sure filebot is in my PATH variable (I can launch filebot from cmd), I've checked that I got 32bit java and installed 32bit filebot

(but these commands work if I manually launch them from CMD)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So what does the console log say? The console log is the text that is written into F:/filebot.log

Everything works perfectly as far as I can reproduce it.

Files:

E:\testdata\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.avi
Command:

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "F:/Downloaded/_automated/_postprocess" --action test --conflict override -non-strict --def "seriesFormat=tv/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}" "animeFormat=anime/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}" "movieFormat=movie/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}" subtitles=n artwork=n "ut_dir=E:\testdata\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" "ut_file=bb.theory.612.720p-dimension.sfv" "ut_kind=multi" "ut_title=The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" "ut_label=" "ut_state=5"
Output:

Parameter: seriesFormat = tv/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}
Parameter: animeFormat = anime/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}
Parameter: movieFormat = movie/The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION/{fn}
Parameter: subtitles = n
Parameter: artwork = n
Parameter: ut_dir = E:\testdata\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
Parameter: ut_file = bb.theory.612.720p-dimension.sfv
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION
Parameter: ut_label = 
Parameter: ut_state = 5
Input: E:\testdata\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.avi
Group: [tvs:The Big Bang Theory] => [The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.avi]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [The Big Bang Theory]
Fetching episode data for [The Big Bang Theory]
[TEST] Rename [E:\testdata\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.avi] to [F:\Downloaded\_automated\_postprocess\tv\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION\The.Big.Bang.Theory.S06E12.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.avi]
Processed 1 files
Done ?(?????)?
jkaberg

Post by jkaberg »

It all came down to this little line,
-DuseNativeShell=true
Setting that to false fixed everything :-)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Glad you could fix it, but -DuseNativeShell=true|false does not affect cmdline processing in any way, you probably did something else along the way.
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

What would be a simple way to ignore movies? (extracting and copy takes too much space)

filebot -script fn:utorrent-postprocess --output "E:/torrents" --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --def subtitles=y artwork=n "ut_dir=%D" "ut_file=%F" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_title=%N" "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" --def "seriesFormat=C:/TV/{n}/{fn}" "movieFormat=E:/{n}/{fn}" --def xbmc=hostname --def xbmc=localhost
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can't. Because only by processing everything it can know what's a movie and what's an episode.

What you can do is customize the script and ignore certain files according to rules that work for you.
Demerzel

Post by Demerzel »

Yeah i got that, but i really cant figure it out.

Could you make a rule to ignore processing completely if you put a torrent in a specific directory?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm not gonna put everybodies special requests into my sample script but I guess you should be able make things work via --def ignore=regex. Each filepath that matches this regex will be ignored.