Interesting development or Don't Wait To LONG!!!!

Talk about the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything
ChefGregS

Interesting development or Don't Wait To LONG!!!!

Post by ChefGregS »

Doing some major networking work on my system. To eliminate a potential problem I had to uninstall my paid for Mcafee Total Protection. Turning it off wasn't enough to figure out if it was the issue or not. It wasn't...but of course, I didn't know this until after about 18 hours of other work was done getting things to work properly. So after all is good again I decide to rename some movie files. Fire up FileBot and WTH!!!!???? Result: MovieName (year) that's it. My movies are named like this:

A Knight's Tale (2001) [PG-13, 132 Min] [Heath Ledger, Rufus Sewell, Shannyn Sossamon] [Action, Adventure, Romance] [1080p, AAC@2ch]

There are many checks included to see if the movies are 3D or not, removing illegal characters, etc... I would swear I saved the format somewhere. Rather, formats as I have about 4 that I use based on various things. I love being able to right click on the format line and select the one I want to use.

Well, apparently, when I uninstalled Mcafee it removed all sorts of stuff from the moment I installed it...back in September of last year. Thus, everything I had done since then is now gone. History, formats, etc... And yes, I kept thinking I should post my formats here for Movies and TV for everyone to enjoy if they so desire. I kept putting it off...no reason, just did.

Now, AGAIN, I will have to attempt to remember all the logic and functions I used to get my names exactly how I wanted them. UGH!!!!

Ok...laugh now.. it's all I can do so I don't cry. LOL

- Greg
rednoah
The Source

Re: Interesting development or Don't Wait To LONG!!!!

Post by rednoah »

WTF? Uninstalling some anti-virus software inexplicably scrubs the registry / deletes Windows Store app data!? :shock:

You can view / import / export FileBot settings with these commands:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4205

Since formats can take a long time to write, I recommend copy & pasting them to a text file, and sharing them online with the community:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

I am almost done fixing them now...and I WILL be sharing as soon as I am.

I have NO CLUE what happened. I used Filebot on Monday. It was just fine. The ONLY thing I have done since then was uninstall Mcafee. Now, filebot is back to where it was months ago! Logs only go to then and I have to update the program as it's an older version. I'll be making a full copy of everything from now on...I added the folder for filebot to my auto backup list.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

My theory:

* You have previously used the classic version of FileBot which stores it's settings in the registry
* You have then upgraded to the Windows Store version of FileBot which imports existing registry entries from the global registry, but then keeps it's own settings private
* So it seems that the Windows Store version of FileBot was uninstalled / reset, which means all the private registry changes have been deleted, so the next start just imported the global registry entries again from when you last used the classic version of FileBot.

QED. :ugeek:
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

I think you nailed it... Which brings me this question... how do I upgrade my version to the newest one? Since I bought it. I am not seeing any option to upgrade? Also, should I maybe do a complete uninstall and wipe everything and then reinstall to make sure it doesn't happen again for any reason?

UPDATE: I checked the store, and it doesn't tell me to upgrade..so guessing I have the newest version. Is there a version number shown anywhere?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can press F5 twice to see FileBot sysinfo output. The Windows Store itself should also have a list of software and version numbers you have installed. The Windows Store does auto-update FileBot automatically (unless you have explicitly disabled auto-updates) so you'll always be running the latest version.

ChefGregS wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 04:43 One thing I would like to do but not sure how yet is to read the resolution and if it is 2160p it will then put the movies into M:\Movies 4K\ instead of M:\Movies\ I also put all movies that are less than 720p in the M:\Movies\ folder but they do NOT get their own named folder. This makes it much easier for me to know which movies I need to upgrade at some later date. Currently, when I need to do either of those 2 things I simply change which FORMAT I use. I have 3 different ones based on those factors.
Here you go:

Code: Select all

vf == /2160p/ ? 'Movies 4K' : 'Movies'
@see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4191
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

rednoah wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 05:37 1.
You can press F5 twice to see FileBot sysinfo output. The Windows Store itself should also have a list of software and version numbers you have installed. The Windows Store does auto-update FileBot automatically (unless you have explicitly disabled auto-updates) so you'll always be running the latest version.

ChefGregS wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 04:43 One thing I would like to do but not sure how yet is to read the resolution and if it is 2160p it will then put the movies into M:\Movies 4K\ instead of M:\Movies\ I also put all movies that are less than 720p in the M:\Movies\ folder but they do NOT get their own named folder. This makes it much easier for me to know which movies I need to upgrade at some later date. Currently, when I need to do either of those 2 things I simply change which FORMAT I use. I have 3 different ones based on those factors.
Here you go:

Code: Select all

vf == /2160p/ ? 'Movies 4K' : 'Movies'
@see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4191
Thank you as always Red!!! I'll get that code in my head eventually...makes perfect sense just like the last one you showed me...pretty much the same thing.. And thanks for the sys info info.. The store says it is up to date..however, I noticed that when I run it from it's folder it tells me to get the update 4.7.19 (I have 4.7.8) I see you have beta's...I'd love to get in on testing those if possible.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like you have multiple versions of FileBot installed. Windows Store apps don't have a folder, so you can't run it from it's folder, so you're probably looking at the folder of some outdated version of FileBot you installed 1-2 years ago. ;)
ChefGregS

Post by ChefGregS »

WEll, that explains why I can't get INFO on the version from the store... meaning install location. That said, when I run the ones out of the folder they are telling me they are the current version that the store says I have.. I'll do a full uninstall and see if I have to reinstall from the store...no biggie as I own it.