New version breaks date matching

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
semi225599

New version breaks date matching

Post by semi225599 »

Currently in Filebot 3.2 I can give it a file named The.Colbert.Report.2013.01.22.Kathryn.Bigelow.HDTV.randomstuff.mp4, and it correctly finds the episode I am trying to match with. When I try the exact same file in v3.3, it recognizes that the show is The Colbert Report, but it thinks it was the first show back in 2005. I'm assuming it's trying to figure out a season for 2013, there isn't and it is reverting to the first episode. The functionality is there in v3.2 though, just not the newest version. Is there a way to fix this or is there some option that I need to set?
rednoah
The Source

Re: New version breaks date matching

Post by rednoah »

Same file works in v3.2? Maybe some other change broke things indirectly. I'll have a look.

But since it's the latest episode, maybe someone just added it, try deleting the cache with -clear-cache and then matching again.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
semi225599

Post by semi225599 »

It's exactly the same file, I renamed it back to what it came is to test it again in the older version. It works in v3.2 but not v3.3. The episode is definitely added, it was able to match it correctly in the older version.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Added online yes, but FileBot probably doesn't know about it yet. v3.3 will cache data for 2 weeks to reduce load on TheTVDB.

So open with cmdline and try once more with clean cache:

Code: Select all

filebot -clear-cache
semi225599

Post by semi225599 »

Aha, that was the problem. I have a script running that monitors a folder and then runs filebot, but if there's a new episode, it won't find it unless I clear the cache every time?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Just bad timing. I assumed people would add new episodes at least 2 weeks in advance. In that case FileBot would know about the episode by the time it airs.

I will adjust this and set it to 5 days with next update instead of 2 weeks. That should work assuming people add the next episode at least a week in advance. Caching is important though as not to overload these free services that have to pay for bandwidth.

PS: You can adjust cache setting by editing ehcache.xml in the jar. That's a bit of a hack, but it works if you need to. ;)

PS2: Don't run with -clear-cache all the time. It'd download about a 1 MB of extra data on every startup.
semi225599

Post by semi225599 »

Ok great, thanks for the help.
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

semi225599 wrote:Aha, that was the problem. I have a script running that monitors a folder and then runs filebot, but if there's a new episode, it won't find it unless I clear the cache every time?
Hey mate, minding sharing this script with me? :) Could prove very valuable, if my guesses as to what it does prove correct. :D
semi225599

Post by semi225599 »

The script just runs filebot. I'm using incron to activate the script when a file is created or moved into the folder.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-inot ... rectories/
belgarth

Post by belgarth »

I'm not sure if even 5 days will be enough for some shows. Take the daily show for example: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid ... 2390&lid=7. It still doens't have anything listed for next week. Would it be possible to get a cli option to specify manually how often to refresh the cache?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What about 3 days? I just need a reasonable standard value. For special needs people can just edit ehcache.xml in the jar.
semi225599

Post by semi225599 »

Whatever value you had before (7 days?) works fine for shows that air once a week, but those shows that are 4 times a week like the colbert report or the daily show don't have updated episodes on thetvdb until fairly close to the start of the week's shows. I haven't looked through the code, but does the program just cache the shows that you put through it or a big chunk of shows? Is it possible to download episodes show by show? There could be a configuration change where shows that air this often get checked on thetvdb more often, and that could solve the problem. Or you might not even need to decrease the cache length, but have it "schedule" it somehow by re-caching the next time it runs after a Sunday night. By then these shows should updated for the coming week.

What is the setting that I should change in the ehcache.xml file? The 1290600? (seconds?)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Set to 2 days with r1438.