FileBot on the Windows Store

Support for Windows users
rednoah
The Source

Re: FileBot on the Windows Store

Post by rednoah »

You're welcome. Thanks for purchasing FileBot. It's almost as if that special offer appeared just for you. :lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Hunkulees

Post by Hunkulees »

“Do you regularly contribute to society without expecting to get paid? e.g. suicide hotline, language teaching for immigrants, voluntary fire and rescue service, etc. You most definitely deserve a promo code!“

I’ve never donated to Filebot before (only recently discovered this program) , but I do volunteer to paint houses for low income families every other weekend :)

Doing a bit of it this very weekend as a matter of fact 👍
exSnake

Post by exSnake »

MrMax wrote: 27 Feb 2017, 03:49 No, account isn't blocked. It's working fine for other apps.
Same problem here, how did you resolved?
aphewang

Post by aphewang »

Is this not supported on OSs before win10 now? I've been using filebot on my win2012 server for quite some time now, but it appears I won't be able to upgrade past the version I currently have installed (4.7.9)
Latinkidmj

Post by Latinkidmj »

whiskey wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 15:10
rednoah wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 14:04 That is strange indeed. Are you using some kind of strange version of Windows?

A Factory Reset would almost certainly fix the problem no matter how screwed up your Windows install is. But that's a last resort.
Just basic W10. I'm not in much need of the store - only use would have been to purchase FileBot, but I will have to do that later.
I STILL can't buy the damn software on the Microsoft Store in either the App OR the Browser. The "Buy" button JUST. ISN'T. CLICKABLE. :cry:
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you provide a screenshot of the Windows Store app showing this unclickable button?
https://snag.gy/
rictor9227

Post by rictor9227 »

I have re installed windows and now my original purchase of filebot isn't available. windows store is requesting more money and not allowing me to download my previous purchase.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you log in with your Microsoft Account? It's not possible to purchase the same application twice with the same Microsoft Account.
rictor9227

Post by rictor9227 »

rednoah wrote: 05 Apr 2018, 14:41 Did you log in with your Microsoft Account? It's not possible to purchase the same application twice with the same Microsoft Account.
Yes, I was logged into my only microsoft account and still just shows the price I don't have the ability to DL
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Can you provide a screenshot?
https://snag.gy/

Please check your purchase history to confirm that you have purchased FileBot with this account.
rictor9227

Post by rictor9227 »

here is the screen shot
https://snag.gy/oyQjSr.jpg
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please use the Microsoft Store application and not the website. Then search for FileBot and see what it says. Please post a screenshot every step of the way.
ozymandeus

Post by ozymandeus »

I use Filebot on a server and cannot load Windows Store on it. I have purchased Filebot on the Store from my Windows 10 PC hoping that this would let me add it to my server but I cannot do this.
Is there anyway I can still get an msi version?
ozymandeus

Post by ozymandeus »

OK, so I see in another forum that you won't do this unless a premium price is paid. No worries, I'll just use my Win10 PC for this going forward.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That would be appreciated. Thank you. :)
bdedi

Post by bdedi »

RedNoah,

We chatted the other night/day on FB. With regards to justifying the promo code:
Promo Codes are available for anyone who has donated more than $5 before 2012 or more than $10 before 2014 or more than $20 before 2016.
I've donated twice, $10 recently, within the month and back in July 2015. If you want me to find my paypal information for those donations I will.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That should be fine. Please PM me your July 2015 donation details as I haven't been able to find them in my previous searches.
c0pperhe4d

Post by c0pperhe4d »

Greetings,

somehow, i encountered troubles with re-installing Filebot. It did work for a long time after purchase, but a while ago it's behaviour was very odd. So I decided to delete it and install it fresh from windows store.

But now I'm just getting errors when trying to install these app.
Error Codes are:
Code: 0x80070005
Code: 0x80240013

I'm using Windows 10, which is up to date.

Anyone encounter this problem, too, and was able to fix this?
Or, dear developer, could you look into this nagging error?

Thanks in advance!
If more information is necessary, please don't hesitate to yell at me ;)

edited: clarified the OS
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Is this a Windows Store error message? Did you contact Microsoft Support?

Unfortunately, not much I can do about these kind of errors, since code changes in FileBot can't fix Windows issues. However, the general recommendation is to disable / uninstall tools the interfere with Windows (e.g. firewall, anti-virus, etc) or to completely factory reset Windows 10. Logging in and out of the Windows Store might sometimes resolve licensing issues (e.g. after a motherboard / hardware change).

Windows 10 Factory Reset is the silver bullet here and will most assuredly fix the problem, but understandably, it might be a last resort for you. I recommend trying it with a secondary Windows 10 machine first.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

JS8 wrote:23 Apr 2018, 23:41 Dear Rednoah,

I used your software a while back and am intending to buy the new version. I have two questions:

1. I am not a coder, but I do contribute in the forums and chat support areas for both Plexguide and Cloudbox, which are open source media services using docker, ansible, etc. I know this is only a small contribution, but if you would be kind enough to send a promo it would help me to afford a licensed version of filebot.

2. Does a license cover only one platform? e.g. Windows or Mac? Or would it cover both platforms? I use a Mac at home, but am likely moving to Win 10 for schoolwork shortly.

Thank you and kind regards
Please post links to your forums profile and larger posts such as tutorials if any.

As you'll be purchasing FileBot from Apple / Microsoft, each license will be limited to the Store you buy it from, and thus limited to that platform. Think iOS App Store / Google Play Store. Same thing.
ZMD

Post by ZMD »

Hello, my FileBot does not start anymore. I purchased it from the Windows Store.
SlyxR

Post by SlyxR »

Hello @rednoah,

i tried to write you a PM but I don't have the permission to do so I'm writing you here.
I am interested in a promo code for filebot if possible.
I work voluntarily for the "Suchthilfe e.V Detmold" association in Germany, we help people to get rid of alcohol and drugs addiction and support them in detoxification and therapy. We also go to schools and work preventively against drugs and alcohol and educate the students against them.

If you need further information please write me a PM.

kind regards
SlyxR
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

ZMD wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 20:49 Hello, my FileBot does not start anymore. I purchased it from the Windows Store.
Can you provide more information? Such as screenshots?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

SlyxR wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 00:50 Hello @rednoah,

i tried to write you a PM but I don't have the permission to do so I'm writing you here.
I am interested in a promo code for filebot if possible.
I work voluntarily for the "Suchthilfe e.V Detmold" association in Germany, we help people to get rid of alcohol and drugs addiction and support them in detoxification and therapy. We also go to schools and work preventively against drugs and alcohol and educate the students against them.

If you need further information please write me a PM.

kind regards
SlyxR
That should be fine. I'm not able to hand out promo codes at this point though. Please remind me in 2 weeks time.
SlyxR

Post by SlyxR »

OK, I'll remind you in two weeks. I'll just write you a PM or should I post here again ?