Downloading Subtitles?

Any questions? Need some help?
DarfNader

Downloading Subtitles?

Post by DarfNader »

In the intro as well as the pictogram slides there is clear implication that FileBot allows you to download subtitles for your media. The intro pictures that just have numbers (and no instruction) even have an icon for an entire Subtitles function which simply is not present in the version I bought off of the App Store. (The List icon also looks different, but I don't even know what that does yet so I will cross that bridge then, but for now, how can I download subtitles like the documentation clearly shows as being not only possible, but simple, but the app version I have seems to completely lack the features?
DarfNader

Re: Downloading Subtitles?

Post by DarfNader »

Never mind, I see that for macOS you need this I guess: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3350
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Wow, so it's a separate app then... okay. Now that I have it working to the extent that it works, is there some way to have it invoked automatically from FileBot or do I have to script it to work? How about so it only downloads SRTs for files that don't already have that SRT already as part of the media file of the same language, in this case, English? The process is so manual at this point as it is, but to have to check the files for existing sub tracks manually is too much.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You'll probably want to use the suball script for that:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5#p8871
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.