Making Library Cleanup Efficient

Any questions? Need some help?
DarfNader

Making Library Cleanup Efficient

Post by DarfNader »

I am in the process of fixing my existing library which is a mish-mash of names and I am finding a lot of features missing, don't make sense, or require repetitive configuration. The media is on a NAS and I am using a macOS machine to access the files over CIFS. Here is what I have so far:

I tried to just process my entire library but aside from it taking an incredible amount of time to load, the UI seems to be geared to process your media on a show by show basis for some reason. When I tried to do the entire thing at once using "Autodetect" mode I was not able to manually fix things because you get locked into a very long serious of dialogue boxes, and if anything is wrong, you cannot manually address until every box is clicked through which I gave up on after about ten of them.

I was trying to set met my naming filter and just set it to be the same but it always gets reset to whatever the format of the original title so I have to keep re-enterring the format! This cant be right so I did find this little gem in the FAQ:

Q: Can I quickly switch to a previously used naming scheme?
Yes. Click DOWN Image and select one of the previously used naming schemes from the list.

But I have no idea what context this is supposed to be? DOWN where? What screen is this even talking about?

Also, quite frustrating when my media is moved from an old folder to a new one, the old one remains, empty. I try to remove it in the Finder it will not move to Trash because it tells me the folder is in use! This is making housekeeping a real pain!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Making Library Cleanup Efficient

Post by rednoah »

A series of screenshots would be helpful, so that I can understand what you're trying to do, and where things are not efficient.

If you have a very large set of files, I'd do a first pass in strict mode first for all the easy files, and then normal non-strict mode for all that remains in a second pass:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4695

When you get the selection dialog, then you can try the auto-repeat toggle Image to just auto-select the first result for everything thereafter. But you better double check the final results carefully before hitting Rename. ;)

Support for multi-line formats may have broken the DOWN key keyboard shortcut (e.g. like in your browser address bar). The Image button will allow you to select previously used formats with your mouse pointer.

FileBot will try to delete empty left-behind folders. Presumably, FileBot can't delete empty folders for the same reason you can't delete empty folders manually.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

What I am trying to do first is start with a "cleanup" of my existing and vast collection of organized but poorly named media so that Plex will automatically load the metadata for each title without a struggle. I am finding that Plex has gotten more "picky" about following its naming standard which makes your tool a requirement, not just something for people who are OCD with their media naming. ;) In other words, my needs are pretty basic for now as I'm just getting started. Unfortunately, the GUI kind of confounds me and I'm not getting clarity on how to use it, even with your abundant documentation.

I should probably back up and ask if there is any written breakdown of how to use the GUI with because the "Getting Started" stills and video aren't helping me that much and I am not finding a page that explains how to do the basic "sifting" which you are talking about in your reply. I think my biggest problem is that key posts which explain core concepts have no context so I don't really know where to access the described functionality. For example, while I have previously stumbled upon the "Match Mode" settings which you describe in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4695 when I was rummaging through the GUI, I have not been even been able to find the "Match Mode" settings again. Therefore, I don't even know at what point I would find this setting.

From what I am gathering, since a lot of the GUI elements only appear within the workflow of some process, it is unclear what elements are "static" settings and what elements come up while you are processing files, so stating context is actually pretty important to the understanding for me, being that I am totally new to understanding the tool. (I don't want to be critical, but I thought you might want to get the feedback.)

Anyway, the basic "Rename" mode doesn't seem to give me a chance to set "Match Mode" anywhere so I am not sure how to do this iterative process you're describing, though conceptually I get what you are saying. I have to admit, the "Rename" mode of the GUI is the only mode I remotely understand (though "SFV" clearly has to do with managing segmented files) but I have no idea what "Episodes", "Filter", or "List" are for as I haven't found anything that describes them. Again, if there was some written overview of what they are for and how to use them in the sort of "overview of the tool" doc, that would be helpful. I have already spent hours fiddling with it and I have barely done much of anything useful and have more questions than answers. For example, It's only after a day or two that I learned that you can't "clean up" files "in place". As you stated in another thread, they need to be transferred- a very core concept that isn't actually mentioned. I am sure this seems self-evident to you but it wasn't to me. (Again, not trying to be critical- this has just been my experience.)

I actually might have better luck with the CLI at this point as that is how I normally work. I am not sure how the interactive stuff behaves but it might make more sense to me because the GUI is lost on me. I am hoping that an "overview" of processing a library exists in the form of a "how-to" so I can at least use the GUI as I suspect it will be easier for dealing with titles that the automatic matching is simply is not working for for shows like Rifftrax where the matching is getting confused by the movie titles of the riffs.

Sorry for the long missive, but I felt I needed to explain myself better and why I am having trouble getting started. I don't want to come off like a dumbass and you clearly thought this tool through, but I trying to learn from trial and error is brutal since things take a while to process. Thanks in advance for your help!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The GUI is a swiss army knife. You can use it in many ways. I just make the knife, but there's plenty of people out there who are much better at using it in novel ways than me. :lol:

:idea: If you just want to rename files, you probably never need to look at anything other than the Rename panel.

:idea: The Episodes / Filter panels can be useful for Rename by allowing you to select specific episodes / files. The same can be useful in combination with other tools or programs too though, not just the FileBot Rename panel. ;)

:idea: You can process files in place. Plenty of people only rename files, instead of moving them into the correct structure. FileBot allows you to do anything, but if you're here in the forums, then I'll just give you the Best Practices, that you can either apply or ignore, depending on what makes the most sense for your specific use case. ;)

You can find Match Mode in Fetch Data ➔ Preferences ➔ Match Mode. If you find yourself switching between different Preferences alot, then you can create Presets.

SFV is for checking checksum files, such as SFV / MD5 / SHA files. By creating SFV files, you can check the integrity of your files (i.e. check if there's data corruption) in the future.

FileBot is fairly stateless, other than Preferences. It's really very simple. It just doesn't hold your hand, because that'd be very annoying for anyone using it more than once.

If you could take a screenshot of the application at the moment it confounds you, that would be interesting to me:
https://snag.gy/
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Thanks so much for all of that very helpful advice. I will see how I do and get back to you as it gives me a lot of ideas.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

So what is "List" for?

Anyway, this is not working out so well. I am trying to manually match episodes of Rifftrax which simply do not match correctly. The folder is full of episodes with the usual mix of junk in them, namely samples, info files, and so on. I am trying to match the episode files to the correct names but the "Rename" mode does not seem to be conducive to manual matching. I tried to follow your movie clip for "Episodes" to select it and have the episodes out of order, however when I am trying to remove "junk" files from the left pane of "Original Files" pane with the "X" button below it, it knocks out the episode it happened to be matched with in the "New Names" pane. What? Not at all what I was expecting. Also, for some reason, the amount of line space between the file title on the left and the file type on right side of the file list in "Original Files" is enormous- I'd need a giant monitor to be able to see both at the same time, and since I am trying to match the media files up with episode titles, well... it's not making this any easier.

Seriously, is there a better guide on how to use this tool? I am ripping my hair out.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

1 screenshots says more than 1000 words. ;) The video shows how to manually correct / realign matches via drag-n-drop. The DELETE button is only useful if you want to remove a match, which doesn't seem to be what you're trying to do.

List is for creating sequential lists, which can be useful for renaming, or other tasks.

You're welcome to write a better manual once you've figured it out. There's a total of ~20 buttons. Just click all of them and see what happens. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes. More advanced / creative / non-obvious techniques based on these basic features are discussed in various manuals.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

I tried to get it in screen shots so I just made a movie instead, but of course none of MacOS's share integration from quicktime play actually works, at least not for YouTube or Vimeo. I normally use Monosnap but it is misbehaving.

Basically, aside from all of the other problems, the big one is how do you set the 'target' directory for your renaming?
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Here is the video in Vimeo. It's about 5 minutes. I hope it clarifies the rudimentary problems I am having.

https://vimeo.com/264777519
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You have a very strange use case. It looks like you're processing a folder of movies files to me. All of your files name/year match entries in TheMovieDB, so if you select the TheMovieDB you'll get nice movie matches for each file. I have never heard of Rifftrax episodes, but if they name episodes exactly like movie files, then things will probably go awry.

:idea: TL;DR Your use case is completely unsupported and I've never seen anyone with files like this. I guess FileBot just works for everything except RiffTrax episodes. :lol:

:idea: Posting a screenshot of your files in the very first post would have saved you and me a lot of time. You can't assume that everyone has exactly the same use case as you, especially not if your use case is clearly an odd one. :lol:

FileBot is a versatile tool and can be used in many ways. Here's how I'd use FileBot to deal with this specific use case:
https://youtu.be/GtBbf577Oic

Even though this use case has never been thought of, I've found it to be quite easy to deal with.

In my video tutorial above I don't even use the Episodes / Filter panel. An alternative to directly loading the episode list via the Fetch Data button before adding files, you can also just use the Episodes panel to copy & paste episode data selectively (via the usual CTRL+Click, CTRL+A, CTRL+C, CTRL+V shortcuts).

In my example, I have one file per episode entry, to make things easy. In your case, you have multiple files per episode entry, so you'll have to process each type separately (e.g. first only video files, then only nfo files, etc). You can easily select "Only Video Files" or "Only NFO Files" by using the Filter panel.

I never knew you could use the built-in QuickTime for making screen recordings! Thanks for the tip! It works flawlessly for me! :lol:
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

I thought I described it pretty clearly and mentioned that it was Rifftrax. Since I found the screenshots in the documentation not that helpful for their lack of verbage, I assumed it would be just as cryptic to try rely on that for you. Sorry that you feel that it wasted your time.

Anyway It's all about how FileBot only seems to direct the matching mechanism to just look at the file name when looking to match a particular show, so it seems. Perhaps have it read from the parent directory as well (or its parent) then I could see another matching title and then put that as a possible match. Just because the title of an eipsode happens to have a name like a movie title should foult things up. While Rifftrax does this for every episode, some shows do this as one-offs. I am just suggesting matching could be a little more expansive.

Had it done that, I could process all of the Rifftax episodes, and the movie titles would have matched the episode names. TVDB includes the movie title and the episode number just as it does foes MST3K. It's shouldn't be _that_ hard to make the match as "Rifftrax" does appear in like three different places (in the filename, the parent folder, and the grandparent folder).

Then, what really was frustrating was when it came down to just doing it manually. The GUI simply doesn't seem to be designed for this it seems like I have to preen my files in Finder before I use Filebot since it looks like files to episode matchines is only 1:1, so other files associated with the episode seem to foul things up. This makes no sense so I expect there is a reason for this, but as of now I can't even speculate what the intent is. The GUI does not seem to be set up to do multiple files to one episode like the automatic matching does, so this is puzzling. Or maybe I just am not doing this right.

So to be clear, it's not even that I expect automatic matching to work. I am just trying to manually match an episode in TVDB to a set of files which are part of that episode, but the GUI resists this completely. As you saw from my video, even though you claim what I am doing is "unsupported" (????) what I was trying to do wasn't crazy. If a file is named "aksjdhfjklashfjlah.mkv", has a subtitle called "dogpoop.srt" and a poster file called "killme.jpg", you should just be able to point them at a single episode of a single show and rename should do the rest. Aside from the fact I can't seem to set the target dir, the one-to-one force-matching makes this impossible so I hope there is another way to achieve this.

I looked at your silent film and I don't follow what your doing, let alone keep up. Without a voice track I don't even know what the context is. You say "FileBot is a versatile tool and can be used in many ways. Here's how I'd use FileBot to deal with this specific use case:" but without explanation of what you are are actually doing, we're in the same place where I don't get any idea what your trying to accomplish. A little setup goes a long way!

I really just want to be able to handle all of the moving of files and renaming in one tool. I really shouldn't need to do a bunch of "setup" with the files in Finder so FileBot works. I a hoping that I am just trying to do something straightforward in the totally wrong way, so now that you know what it is I a trying to do, can you please point me to specifics as to where those features can be invoked?

Also, I am glad I could show you that trick. I normally use Monosnap but as MacOS gets more and more like IOS, tools like that work less and less reliably. :( The problem with uploading to YouTube or Vimeo using MacOS's sharing not working is just worked around uploading it the old-fashioned way. It's really said how MacOS is becoming more and more broken with each release. I have been die-hard Mac guy since literally 1984 but after Lion and Apple dropping all their core OS programmers, things drifted away from sound OS principles which makes me sad. I would use a Linux desktop if they still all weren't so clunky and lacked support for so much commercial software. Anyway, I am happy to have shared something useful to you.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

SoI am just doing the files one at time with a single match but there are problems.
1. While the .mkv file worked fine, trying the same one the .nfo file sent the file to god knows where. Revert doesn't work or can it find it. Since the bottom pain of the revert window doesn't expand I can't see the full path to see where the file even went! So that's gone...
2. The "drop em to unlock em" comes up every time? Is there some way to avoid this and just have it set? It will silly doing this over and over.
3. A new Finder window is opened after each rename to the root folder of the move. Is there any way to turn this off?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

When you say "a TV series called Rifftrax" then I assume filenames like "Rifftrax - 1x01.mkv" by default and not "Avatar 2009 - Rifftrax.mkv" unless explicitly specified in form of examples or screenshots.

Neither of us could of read each other mind, but the video (actually just a single frame from the first 10 seconds would have sufficed) made it clear why you're struggling. That's why why screenshots are so important.

My tutorial video shows clearly what's happening. I start with a few example files, and process them to a specific folder, and end up with the file structure you want, all in the course of 30 seconds. It's short, so you can watch it 4-5 times on the side, while you do it yourself. There's no magic. It's just that easy. Just click a few buttons. Maybe a double-click on a list item here and there. That's it.

The Folder Unlock dialog should only come up once and only ask for the common media root folder. Depending on your file structure, this may not always work, especially if your structure is very different from anything else that people tend to use. A screenshot and file paths would be very helpful for me here.

:idea: You can unlock all folders just by dropping in your media root folder once. That's just how Mac OS apps work now. FileBot can't access files unless you explicitly drop them into the app once or open them with the file chooser first. If you do it once, then FileBot will remember and can get authorization automatically next time.

FileBot does not open files in Finder before / after Rename. This behaviour can be neither turned on nor turned off.

:idea: (2) and (3) would benefit from a video demo. Because I can't reproduce any issues such as the one described by you on my machine, so I can't tell you what's going awry on your machine.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

All this talk about manual matching got me confused too. You don't need any of that. It's much easier than that actually. You just need to force the query and then auto-matching will do the rest.

This video shows how you can process any number of Rifftrax files all at once:
https://youtu.be/tDUIiGy_TEA

:idea: You just need to SHIFT-CLICK the database and then enter Rifftrax.

FAQ #2: How to force Rifftrax?
rednoah wrote:Q: How do I fix misidentified files?
If the series / movie is not auto-detected correctly you can SHIFT-CLICK Image the database to force manual input and selection of the series or movie. As a last resort you can always grab the episode list in in the Episodes panel and then drag-and-drop or selectively copy-and-paste the episode data you want over into the Rename panel. Click Match Image to automatically align files with episodes or use drag-n-drop to realign ImageImage files and episode data. There's video tutorials here and here that'll show you how it works.
Since FileBot can match each file/episode by episode title, you just need to force Rifftrax as search query, and then the rest will just work, including companion files.

FAQ #1: How to specify an output folder?
rednoah wrote:Q: Can it move files? Can it rename folders? Can it pad Season/Episode numbers with leading 0s?
Yes, the naming scheme is extremely flexible. You can transform the given variables into exactly the path you want. Sorting files into a new folder structure is fully supported.

You can define an absolute or relative path in the naming scheme:

Code: Select all

{home}/Media/TV Shows/{n}/Season {s.pad(2)}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
If you are organizing files for Plex then the {plex} binding will give you the path you want:

{home}/Media/{plex}
Is it just me or could all your problem have been solved by reading FAQ #1 and FAQ #2 instead of listening to me and getting confused with manual matching? :lol:
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

I am glad there is another way, because aside from being cumbersome, it was not even working. Maybe a bug? Anyway? When I was manually matching some files they would "disappear" moving, where the same pattern worked for other files. Here are the screen caps:
1) I wanted to just rename ONE SINGLE FILE which was the only way I could get anything working:

2) Put it Rename:

3) I found the matching episode in Episodes and copied it to Rename:

3.5) I verified that the "Edit Format" was as it was supposed to be, which I wouldn't see why it wouldn't because it worked previously:

4) But after rename, I have nothing. I couldn't even find the target file anywhere on the file system.

5) I went to revert which at least gives me the option to tell me where it "thinks" it put the file:

6) Sure enough, it restored. God knows where it went!

Here is the info that I copied form the Revert dialogue which lists all the pertinent info about the rename operation, and I see the problem:

1	RiffTrax - S01E87 - The Room.mkv	The.Room.2003.720p.Riffv2.Riffv1.6ch.2ch.5subs.mkv	/Volumes/Plex/Plex Media Server/Plex/Plex Media Server/Plex Media/TV Shows/RiffTrax/Season 01	/Volumes/Plex/Plex Media Server/Plex Media/TV_Shows_1/Rifftrax/Unfiled Rifftrax/The.Room.2003.720p.Riffv2.Riffv1.6ch.2ch.5subs
If you look in the target line, for some reason FileBot put an extra Plex/Plex Media Server/ in my path where it hadn't before. The relative root moved. It would seem that what location it decides is the "root" is not only arbitary and opaque, it also changes on a mouse fart. As it was, it took some trial and error to figure out where the root was relative to, since absolute paths don't work, but the fact that it changes for reasons unexplained is just one more reason I'm prematurely greying. Therefore, you really should consider showing what the resultant full path will be in the "Edit Format" step rather than making it so mysterious. (This is the sort of UI pain that I keep harping on. I keep coming upon functions that are needlessly opaque where it is just "assumed" the user knows what's happening inside the black box.

Anyway, may you want to address this and some of the other UI "specialness" in future releases.

Thanks.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

When you last replied, I was still assembling my previous update with all of those screenshots. (I didn't realize how much of a PITA using Google Drive would be for hosting images- I should have just put them on Imgur... crazy how they make it so difficult to do the most basic stuff. You need to go to https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/ to convert the url :roll: .) Anyway, now that I have done all of that to show why it's important to reveal the relative path root, I saw your video clip (thank you) and your subsequent FAQ links. First off, one thing I was hoping to avoid is having to "preen" my video files so there is a 1:1 file match to episodes, as there are often other important files that should go with them... like .srt files! (This is why I made such a point about this in my previous 5 minute screencast.)

Also, I am glad you showed me the trick which I can set the relative path for file renaming, but I still maintain that showing what the FULL path is for resultant files, not just the relative path, is really important.

Anyway, I am really hoping that the trick you showed where I can "force" automatic matching will work. The prospect of manually doing all of this legwork was really daunting.

Finally, what about the .nfo files? Are these being filtered and not being copied?
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Had some troubles using the thingy that selects the target directory for renaming: https://youtu.be/7usbMiYQLt0

The adventure continues...
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Also, regarding the CLI, I was reviewing your doc page https://www.filebot.net/cli.html and I don't see a way to do a "dry run". I figure this is going to be a lot of trial and error so doing simulations for testing is going to be critical. Is this possible?

I see lots of posts in the forums about using "test files" but really the best solution would be to just not actually perform any actual actions on the file and just print what it would do to standard out. The idea of using "test files" is actually really less than ideal. As with other tools like rsync, the ability to do a --dry-run is essential!

Update:I actually found viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5836&p=33482#p33482 and see that performing a dry run is actually a lot more complex with the fact that you actually need some kind of file handle present to perform operations. I think the --action hardlink approach is a good one but there should be a way to report the output and the clean up everything that is made so in case it creates a mess of hardlinks all over your media library you aren't picking them out like bubble-gum from your hair. Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DarfNader wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 18:44 3.5) I verified that the "Edit Format" was as it was supposed to be, which I wouldn't see why it wouldn't because it worked previously:
This is a relative format which means FileBot will have to guess the appropriate absolute path for your file structure, which may or may not be what you want:

Plex/{plex}

:arrow: As per FAQ #1, I recommend using an absolute format to ensure that files are organized exactly where you want and the way you want.

e.g. Relative Path Format: Where do files go? IDK. Depends on the current file structure:

Plex/{plex}
e.g. Absolute Path Format: Where do files go? They go to /Volume/Data/Media exactly as specified:

/Volume/Data/Media/Plex/{plex}

@see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_(com ... tive_paths
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DarfNader wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 18:44 Therefore, you really should consider showing what the resultant full path will be in the "Edit Format" step rather than making it so mysterious. (This is the sort of UI pain that I keep harping on. I keep coming upon functions that are needlessly opaque where it is just "assumed" the user knows what's happening inside the black box.
If your format yields a relative path, then the final absolute destination path depends on the file match, and thus can't be known until your format is applied to each file/episode match and may be different for each file/episode match. Once you OK a format, the absolute destination path will be shown in the "New Names" area.

:idea: I've added "Plex Media Server" to the list of known structure root folder names, so it'll work better out of the box in the future. However, you should still use absolute paths whenever possible.

DarfNader wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 19:19 Finally, what about the .nfo files? Are these being filtered and not being copied?
IDK. Have you tried?

Normally, companion files are just matched with their correspondingly named movie files:

movie.mkv
movie.nfo
movie.jpg
movie.xyz
Not sure about NFO files though, because they can be processed independently as well, so I'm not sure which behaviour will get precedence here.

DarfNader wrote: 15 Apr 2018, 20:34 I figure this is going to be a lot of trial and error so doing simulations for testing is going to be critical. Is this possible?
You can use --action TEST to perform a no-op action on each file. --action TEST will also disable features like history / xattr / etc that rely on destination files being created.

:idea: I recommend testing with --action HARDLINK because you'll be working with real data, which is always good for testing. Naturally, you'd use that in combination with --output /path/to/temporary/folder so that you can easily delete your test output structure with rm -rf /path/to/temporary/folder before each test run.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Regarding "FAQ #1" above, was able to get shift-click and force match with Rifftrax with helped and while there were a number of titles that didn't get resolved, I am figuring out how FileBot makes its matches and am finding that it's easier to edit the titles of the original files or containing folders to make the rename process work so I think I am finally on my way to progress. As you saw in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7usbMiYQLt0 I was having some issues with getting the root directory selected- some strange behavior occurred which I got into more detail here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9p1NWW5yUg&t but since you can't replicate it, who knows. I will try this on another machine.

Overall, I feel like I am getting somewhere at last, thought I admit it's been a bit of a challenge. Ideally I will want to use the CL but honestly with the way things behave, it's hard to imagine things being consistent. Maybe once I get more used to it I will see patterns emerge even more, as I am finally starting to see the MO here. While it is peculiar and I can't say I get all of it, I am able to make it useful and I am better off with this tool than without it, so that's what counts!

Thanks again for all of your help. If I come up with anything else that is useful I will include it here.

As for the relative path issue, I am not sure what that catch 22 that you speak of is, but if it is really an untenable problem like you say it is, so be it. It just seems what the relative root will be if you were to hit "OK" at that moment is something that should be easy to display to the user, but I didn't write it, so what do I know. Anyway, thanks again.
Last edited by DarfNader on 17 Apr 2018, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sure. Keep the feedback coming so we have it here. I'll look into things more closely if it strikes me as a general problem / something easy to fix with no negative side-effects / or if multiple users report similar difficulties.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

FYI. I tried this on another Mac using 10.13.4 as well and running FileBot 4.7.19 (5305) and I am having the same issue with the focus jumping around as seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9p1NWW5yUg
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

After going through a mess of manual matching I am getting a dialogue saying there are conflicting files where there aren't any.

Foe example, here is one I copied from here:

javax.swing.ImageIcon@5bb5512d	Duplicate destination path	/Volumes/Plex/Plex Media Server/Plex Media/TV_Shows_1/Lexx.Complete.DVDRip.XviD-TvT/Lexx.S02.DVDRip.XviD/Lexx.S02E01.Mantrid.DVDRip.XviD-BE/lexx.s02e01.mantrid.dvdrip.xvid.be.avi	/Volumes/Plex/Plex Media Server/Plex Media/TV Shows/Lexx/Season 02/Lexx - S02E01 - Mantrid.avi
As you can see that target folder "Lexx" doesn't even exist:

mlitwin@chromesthesia-eth:[~]$ls -la "/Volumes/Plex/Plex Media Server/Plex Media/TV Shows/"
total 352
drwx------  1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 .
drwx------  1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 ..
-rwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  14340 Apr 17 00:28 .DS_Store
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 12 Monkeys
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 Archer (2009)
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 Battlestar Galactica (2003)
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 Better Call Saul
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 17 00:28 Broad City
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 15 01:25 Cinematic Titanic
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:06 RiffTrax
drwx------@ 1 mlitwin  staff  16384 Apr 16 18:09 Trigun
Any idea why this is happening? I see this frequently when trying to do these batches.
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

AARGHHH!!! After I start rename it barely gets started and fails on an exception. That is the second time this has happened.

I am losing all hope at this point.

(I was not able to screen grap because the error disappeared before I could snag it.)

Are there logs anywhere?

I tried doing it again and was going to "override" when I saw the conflict but as I was checking the file paths to make sure, it is now greyed out!