Filebot will not run

Any questions? Need some help?
stitch0852

Filebot will not run

Post by stitch0852 »

I purchased Filebot through the Windows store this evening. Before then I have never had it installed on my computer. I do run ZoneAlarm. I have tried giving full permissions to Filebot (did not work) and shutting ZoneAlarm down fully and then tried starting Filebot, (did not work.) It does nothing.

If I right click and tell it to run as administrator it asks me if I want to allow it to make changes, which I select YES. That screen disappears, then nothing.

After doing that, I check the Task Manager and see FileBot is running, filebot.launcher.exe shows. Java Platform also shows under FileBot. But nothing runs.

I tried going into the files on the computer to start it, in the app store folder, but windows prevents me from running files there. No permission.

I went into the app store. It shows I have the app, and I click the Launch button. Nothing.

I am running Windows 10 Pro with 64 bit operating system.

I read some other posts and tried resetting settings, I have rebooted the computer a few times.

Thank you for any assistance.
jumpmanjr77

Re: Filebot will not run

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

I have the same issue.
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

I have zone alarm too and I have disabled it.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Does the FileBot icon appear in the task bar? Can you post a screenshot of your Desktop?

What happens if you run filebot from CMD? Is there any output? Please post a screenshot or console output as text.

I'm not sure how ZoneAlarm interferes with Windows, but it might break the Windows Store in some odd way, so that it's already broken when installed, and that's why it's not running. Best to remove ZoneAlarm altogether, and the log in/out of the Windows Store to reset everything, and then reinstall.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

rednoah wrote: 13 May 2018, 04:40 1.
Does the FileBot icon appear in the task bar?
No

What happens if you run filebot from CMD? Is there any output?

Nope

I'm not sure how ZoneAlarm interferes with Windows, but it might break the Windows Store in some odd way, so that it's already broken when installed, and that's why it's not running. Best to remove ZoneAlarm altogether, and the log in/out of the Windows Store to reset everything, and then reinstall.

Other Windows Store apps work???? Minecraft, etc
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Do you have a list of software you have installed? Is there any other tool or driver that might interfere with thing in odd unexpected ways? Overclocking your CPU / GPU by any chance?

If you run filebot -script fn:sysinfo what does the output say?

I guess something is different. Most likely, other apps are not Desktop Bridge apps. Unfortunately, I don't have a magic solution for these kinds of issues. Contacting Microsoft Support might help.
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

rednoah wrote: 13 May 2018, 04:48 1.
Do you have a list of software you have installed? Is there any other tool or driver that might interfere with thing in odd unexpected ways? Overclocking your CPU / GPU by any chance?

No

If you run filebot -script fn:sysinfo what does the output say?

I guess something is different. Most likely, other apps are not Desktop Bridge apps. Unfortunately, I don't have a magic solution for these kinds of issues. Contacting Microsoft Support might help.

It did work at one point but then stopped working. This was after Zone Alarm was already installed. I did install the Java version of Minecraft. :( I really don't want to reinstall Windows if I can help it. Really dead in the water w/o Filebot. :( SNIFF SNIFF :( :? :shock:
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\system32>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.1 (r5375)
JNA Native: 5.2.0
MediaInfo: 18.03
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

So you're saying it hangs after printing that and doesn't print anymore? There should be a few more lines, and I can't think of a reason why it would hang there. Seems to be a fairly unique problem that hasn't been encountered by anyone.

Are you running as system admin? That's not necessary, and might cause problems.

Do you have a second Windows system that you can Factory Reset so that we can start to narrow down why it doesn't work for your other machine with all your other stuff on it?
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

rednoah wrote: 13 May 2018, 05:09 So you're saying it hangs after printing that and doesn't print anymore? There should be a few more lines, and I can't think of a reason why it would hang there. Seems to be a fairly unique problem that hasn't been encountered by anyone.

Are you running as system admin? That's not necessary, and might cause problems.

No

Do you have a second Windows system that you can Factory Reset so that we can start to narrow down why it doesn't work for your other machine with all your other stuff on it?

I will try that out tomorrow.
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

Really would like to find a way to nuke all remnants of Filebot and get it working on this machine...
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

C:\Windows\system32>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.1 (r5375)
MediaInfo: 18.03
Chromaprint: java.lang.StackOverflowError
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-03-16 (r516)
Groovy: 2.4.13
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 37 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX
Done ?(?????)?

waited a long long time... got this...
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

This worked!!!!! :D :D :D

setx FILEBOT_OPTS "-Djava.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=net.filebot.util.prefs.FilePreferencesFactory -Dnet.filebot.util.prefs.file=C:/filebot.prefs"
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. Something is interfering with the Windows Registry causing and infinite loop.

The most likely cause for that is still anti-virus or firewall interfering with Windows Registry access causing impossible behaviour, that trips FileBot.
jumpmanjr77

Post by jumpmanjr77 »

Well, I am happy. :) Thank you Google.
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

rednoah wrote: 13 May 2018, 04:40 1.
Does the FileBot icon appear in the task bar? Can you post a screenshot of your Desktop?

What happens if you run filebot from CMD? Is there any output? Please post a screenshot or console output as text.

No, Filebot does not appear on the taskbar. Nothing appears to open anywhere on or off screen.

I was reading earlier posts and they said programs like ZoneAlarm can interfere so I ruled that out as a problem.

Because the windows store installed, it didn't put the program where it would normally be in Programs X86 (or other Programs) directory. I can only find it under Apps and windows will not give permission to launch from there.

A screen shot will show nothing with Filebot in it because it does not appear to fully start.
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

I click the FileBot icon in the programs and nothing appears to happen. I can right click, select More and select Run As Administrator and it will pop up a window asking if I want the program to be able to make changes. I select YES and then that screen disappears and it appears nothing else happens.
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

No software to overclock, nothing else running that should interfere, maybe Avast!?
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

C:\WIndows\System32>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
Filebot 4.8.1 (r5375)
Mediainfo: 18.03

Have not seen the command prompt return yet, but this is it so far.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you read the previous messages by jumpmanjr77 who seems to have found an easy workaround. Have you tried this workaround?

Looks like it's exactly the same problem.
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

Is there a standalone version I can download? I have paid for this one, but would like to get something to work?

Wait, more came up.

Chromaprint: java.lang.StackOverflowError
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-03-16 (r516)
Groovy: 2.4.13
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10
JVM: 64-bit Java Hotspot (TM) 64-Bit server vm
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 50 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX
Done? (?????)?
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

jumpmanjr77 wrote: 13 May 2018, 06:10 This worked!!!!! :D :D :D

setx FILEBOT_OPTS "-Djava.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=net.filebot.util.prefs.FilePreferencesFactory -Dnet.filebot.util.prefs.file=C:/filebot.prefs"
How do you run this? Command Line, search line?
stitch0852

Post by stitch0852 »

Ok, I ran it under CMD and it also seems to have fixed mine! Awesome! Thank you to all who assisted!