Request for Linux Version

Support for Ubuntu and other Desktop Linux distributions
misteralexander

Request for Linux Version

Post by misteralexander »

Hello!

I would like to request the Standard Linux distribution for Filebot. I have donated $20 on Patreon, and look forward to future releases. Until then, may I please request the current stable version for Linux?

Thanks!

Patreon: "Alexander Snyder"
rednoah
The Source

Re: Request for Linux Version

Post by rednoah »

I'm working on a traditional platform-independent licensing / subscription system. I might have something for you to test in a few weeks.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
misteralexander

Post by misteralexander »

Okay, to clarify, there currently is no stable Linux version available? I had previously requested a version for QNAP(qpkg), and you advised the "Generic Linux Package" should/would work. That versionis not yet available, but will be within 4 (a few) weeks?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Correct. Currently, the only available portable release for Linux is FileBot 4.7.9 which is somewhat outdated. It'll work just fine though. You can find it on the SourceForge download section.

No promises on future things though. It's read when it's ready. Looks good so far though.
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

rednoah wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 02:43 I'm working on a traditional platform-independent licensing / subscription system. I might have something for you to test in a few weeks.
This won't affect windows/apple store copies and people who already have windows/apple store version of filebot will still continue to get updates?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No. The platform store is always the best and easiest solution for end users. I'm just working on alternatives for platforms without a platform store.
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

rednoah wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 08:53 No. The platform store is always the best and easiest solution for end users. I'm just working on alternatives for platforms without a platform store.
Great, glad to hear! :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

misteralexander wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 02:54 Okay, to clarify, there currently is no stable Linux version available? I had previously requested a version for QNAP(qpkg), and you advised the "Generic Linux Package" should/would work. That versionis not yet available, but will be within 4 (a few) weeks?
If you're interested into an early peek at the new paid version, please send me your email address.

The new license system will be time-based, e.g. a $5 for a 1 year license (one-time payment, no subscription). Early feedback in payment process and user experience would be very welcome.