Filebot not considering .m4b a media file

Any questions? Need some help?
redbull666
Donor

Filebot not considering .m4b a media file

Post by redbull666 »

Am trying to use Filebot in a sort of "dumb mode" to copy Audiobooks to a specific folder.

(Ideally I would just like to give Filebot a list of filetypes, and any of those files should be copied somewhere, but I don't think Filebot can do that)

Anyhow, it claims that a .m4b file is not a media file somehow, even though Mediainfo clearly disagrees?
filebot -rename "/mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis" --output /tmp --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --log-file /home/rb/filebot_scripts/amc.log --log ALL
Log:

Code: Select all

Rename movies using [TheMovieDB]
No media files: [/mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis/Artemis (Unabridged).jpg, /mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis/Artemis (Unabridged).m4b]
Failure (°_°)
filebot -rename "/mnt/storage/torrents/rss/Andy Weir - Artemis" --output /tmp --action copy --conflict override -non-strict --log-file /home/rb/filebot_scripts/amc.log --log ALL -mediainfo
Log:

Artemis (Unabridged) [    ]
Artemis (Unabridged) [  2.0 AAC 8:57]
rednoah
The Source

Re: Filebot not considering .m4b a media file

Post by rednoah »

Here's the manual on "dumb mode" for the GUI:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2072

The concepts apply to the CLI. You can process generic files using filebot -rename --db xattr -non-strict ... options.

This thread might give you some inspiration as well:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4788

:idea: m4b is an audio file format? Are you sure it isn't just a misnamed mp4 file? :lol:
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
redbull666
Donor

Post by redbull666 »

Every time I feel I've figured out Filebot it can do more in different ways than I knew :shock:

Will read up...thanks for the great support as always.

.m4b = Mpeg 4 audio book, dunno why it needs it's own extension but ye...
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

redbull666 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 14:49 Ideally I would just like to give Filebot a list of filetypes, and any of those files should be copied somewhere, but I don't think Filebot can do that.
Yes, it can.

e.g. movie m4b files somewhere:

filebot -rename -r /input --output /somewhere -rename --db xattr -non-strict --filter "ext =~ /m4b/" --format "{fn}"
--filter allows you to select files using your own expressions. --format allows you to name and organize files using your own expressions.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
redbull666
Donor

Post by redbull666 »

rednoah wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 15:21
redbull666 wrote: 09 Jun 2018, 14:49 Ideally I would just like to give Filebot a list of filetypes, and any of those files should be copied somewhere, but I don't think Filebot can do that.
Yes, it can.

e.g. movie m4b files somewhere:

filebot -rename -r /input --output /somewhere -rename --db xattr -non-strict --filter "ext =~ /m4b/" --format "{fn}"
--filter allows you to select files using your own expressions. --format allows you to name and organize files using your own expressions.
Yes, realize this now, am somewhat embarrassed I did not find this myself, I chalk it up to Filebot being too great for it's own good ;)
Thanks!