First time user, hoping to find a solution here

Any questions? Need some help?
dikkiedirk

First time user, hoping to find a solution here

Post by dikkiedirk »

My movie collection consists mainly of mkv, bluray and DVD rips. Bluray and DVD can be both folders-structure and ISO. Every movie has is own folder on my server. For my Dune mediaplayer I use Yadis as organizer, scraper, and Videowall generator. It uses a rather strict naming convention. Therefore I like to use Filebot as folder renamer and just that. Only the folder should be renamed. I downloaded Filebot 3.3 and need help to set things up for this "simple" task. Is there a guide for this or can someone give me simple instructions on how to do this? When I open Filebot can I click the rename button and just drag for instance the MKV folder (containing subfolders holding the actual movie) in the left window and click the rename arrow? Do I first get to see an example of what the actual foldername will be after renaming? Where do i set that only the foldername will be renamed? I like the foldernames be renamed to IMDB names, like Spartacus (1964). When does the renaming take place?
rednoah
The Source

Re: First time user, hoping to find a solution here

Post by rednoah »

Nothing will get renamed until you press 'Rename'

Why don't you play with it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcSFKiwFLZw

When dropping in folders, it'll always add the files with the exception of disk folders and movie.nfo folders of course. You can force-drop folders via Link-Drop:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbHPC0o4Uqo
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
dikkiedirk

Post by dikkiedirk »

So it isn't possible to rename the folder holding the movie alone?

My folderstructure on my server is:
<sharename>-MKV---<moviefolder>----Movie.mkv

I want only the moviefolder renamed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Of course it works. Renaming folders, exactly what I'm doing in the second video tutorial, right?

It's just 54 seconds. Watch it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbHPC0o4Uqo
dikkiedirk

Post by dikkiedirk »

Are you something special there? Cause when I select the folders and drag them in the window I immediately see the contents of the folders.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Q: How can I rename folders? It's only letting me rename files when I drop folders!
A: When you drop a folder into the "Original Files" area it will add all the files within that folder. Just add folders via Link-Drop (Ctrl+Shift+Drop) if you want to move/copy folders as a single unit. Here's a video demo for that. Special cases like DVD/BluRay/etc folders as well as XBMC movie folders with movie.nfo will automatically be handled correctly.
You know how drag and drop work right and how you can do different things depending on what modifiers you press right? In the video you can see i drop files twice, once i get the contents (Move-Drop) and the the second time i get the folders (Link-Drop). Like the FAQ says.
dikkiedirk

Post by dikkiedirk »

Thanks, seems to work now. Real time saver and great piece of software! First check the preview window and then make it definitive. Hope that is proper English.

One question though:

Is it possible to add a subfix like (nas1) to the folder names?
Last edited by dikkiedirk on 10 Feb 2013, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, you'll see the destination names as defined by your format on the right side. If there are any conflicts existing or futures files it'll not let you rename.
dikkiedirk

Post by dikkiedirk »

When I set the format can I specify a subfix to the filename there?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

subfix? you mean file extension? by default file extensions will be preserved (unless you switch to "Absolute Path" mode).

Also everything is defined in the format. If your format defined a UNC path (e.g. \\server\nas1\{n}\{episode}) things will get moved accordingly.