Potential Directory Issues: Synology NAS

Support for Synology NAS, QNAP NAS and other Embedded Linux systems
tes2ube

Potential Directory Issues: Synology NAS

Post by tes2ube »

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble with FileBot on my Synology. I'm using FileBot Node, and it can't seem to run any files. I don't know too much about coding, but from the error below it seem like there might be some issues:

1. FileBot might not be able to find the directory paths (though I just copy-pasted them from the directory, they definitely exist)
2. FileBot might not have the permissions to access them? If so, I don't know how to give it that executive ability
3. FileBot might not be able to find any files, though this seems the least likely. I tested by pulling the files out and putting them directly into the directory (not inside their own folder under /Filebot Tester)
4. FileBot may not be able to see the output (again, perhaps a permissions thing?)

Code: Select all

filebot -script 'fn:amc' '/home/ThousandCore/Downloads/Filebot Tester' --output '/homes/plex/TV Shows' --action duplicate -non-strict --conflict auto --lang en --def 'ut_label=tv' 'music=y' 'unsorted=y' 'subtitles=eng' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'seriesFormat={plex}' 'animeFormat={plex}' 'movieFormat={plex}' 'musicFormat={plex}' 'unsortedFormat={plex}' 'excludeList=.excludes' --log all --log-file '/volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'

------------------------------------------

Locking /volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/data/filebot.log
Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /home/ThousandCore/Downloads/Filebot Tester (/home/ThousandCore/Downloads/Filebot Tester)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Tue Jul 03 13:11:33 CDT 2018]
Parameter: ut_label = tv
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: subtitles = eng
Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Parameter: animeFormat = {plex}
Parameter: movieFormat = {plex}
Parameter: musicFormat = {plex}
Parameter: unsortedFormat = {plex}
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: File does not exist: /home/ThousandCore/Downloads/Filebot Tester

###I chopped the Readme out for brevity

Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: /homes/plex/TV Shows
Failure (°_°)

[Process error]
Any help would be awesome, thank you!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Potential Directory Issues: Synology NAS

Post by rednoah »

Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: /homes/plex/TV Shows
Is /homes/plex/TV Shows a directory that exists? If yes, then I'd look into permissions, because at least for for the filebot process it doesn't exist.

I recommend just creating a new shared folder via the DSM WebUI and then selecting that folder as output folder in FileBot. That'll ensure you're creating a normal folder with default permissions and default owner / group.

Using the plex user home for files is probably a bad idea, since you're probably running filebot as admin user, which naturally doesn't have access to the plex user home.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tes2ube

Post by tes2ube »

The homes/plex/TV Shows folder does exist, it's where my plex shows go.

To try what you're suggested, I created a new shared folder, put both the in and out folders in there, gave it read/write access to every user (including guest), and it's still not running. So I'm thinking that I'm probably not running filebot as an admin. How would I know? I'm not seeing anything that would let me know whether I'm running it as admin?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot Node is always running the filebot command as admin user. That use should always have access to your shares by default, so you need not mess around with permissions.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
tes2ube

Post by tes2ube »

so if it's not an issue with the permissions, what do you think is the likely issue? It still doesn't see a folder for Filebot/In, even though I've given it access to a new folder created especially for the job? What is with this Illegal argument? Is the way that I've notated directory wrong? Is there supposed to be a "~" before the "/Filebot/In" shared folder?

Locking /volume1/@appstore/filebot-node/data/filebot.log
Illegal Argument: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /Filebot/In (/Filebot/In)
Run script [fn:amc] at [Thu Jul 05 09:50:56 CDT 2018]
Parameter: music = y
Parameter: unsorted = y
Parameter: subtitles = eng
Parameter: deleteAfterExtract = y
Parameter: seriesFormat = {plex}
Parameter: animeFormat = {plex}
Parameter: movieFormat = {plex}
Parameter: musicFormat = {plex}
Parameter: unsortedFormat = {plex}
Parameter: excludeList = .excludes
Argument[0]: File does not exist: /Filebot/In

----------------------------------- <README> -----------------------------------
---------------------------------- </README> -----------------------------------

Illegal usage: output folder must exist and must be a directory: /Filebot/Out
Failure (°_°)

[Process error]
tes2ube

Post by tes2ube »

nevermind, I figured it out! The volume wanted to see "/volume1", THEN the rest of the directory! It didn't exist because when I open File Station, it's looking at Volume1 already. Awesome, thanks for the help!
benyms

Post by benyms »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,

The volume1 fixed my problem too!