AMC - Distinguish kids movies - rating?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
IzaacJ

AMC - Distinguish kids movies - rating?

Post by IzaacJ »

Hello.
I'm trying to automate my organization so figured AMC would be the way to go, however, I'm a bit confused with how I'll setup the call.

I store kids movies on one drive (drive K:)
I store all other movies on another drive (drive M:)
And TV shows on yet another drive (drive T:)

I *think* I understood the label thingy to separate movies and TV shows to different drives, but how do I go about to distinguish and separate the kids movies?
I'm quite certain that I'll have to use the rating for filtering them out, but after that?

Regards
Izaac
PC: Crosshair V Formula-Z +AMD FX 8350 + 16 GB RAM + ASUS RX580 4GB Dual OC
Homelab: Dell PowerEdge T610 + 2x Intel Xeon E5530 + 16GB RAM + Proxmox
rednoah
The Source

Re: AMC - Distinguish kids movies - rating?

Post by rednoah »

That is the question? How does FileBot know what is a Kids Movie and what isn't?

There's no attributed or existing logic, so you're the authority that decides, so you need to think of an algorithm that makes sense in your situation.

Most reliably solution: Pass in a label called "Kids Movies" and then check for that in your custom format:

Code: Select all

label =~ /Kids.Movies/ ? 'Kids Movie' : 'Normal Movie'
Less reliable but more automated solution: Guess based on characteristics, such as genre, or certification, etc.

certification =~ /PG.7|PG.13|etc/ ? 'Kids Movie' : 'Normal Movie'
:arrow: Other solutions are entirely conceivable. Only you can figure out what works best for your particular situation and requirements.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
IzaacJ

Post by IzaacJ »

rednoah wrote: 06 Jul 2018, 15:45 That is the question? How does FileBot know what is a Kids Movie and what isn't?

There's no attributed or existing logic, so you're the authority that decides, so you need to think of an algorithm that makes sense in your situation.

Most reliably solution: Pass in a label called "Kids Movies" and then check for that in your custom format:

label =~ /Kids.Movies/ ? 'Kids Movie' : 'Normal Movie'
Less reliable but more automated solution: Guess based on characteristics, such as genre, or certification, etc.

certification =~ /PG.7|PG.13|etc/ ? 'Kids Movie' : 'Normal Movie'
:arrow: Other solutions are entirely conceivable. Only you can figure out what works best for your particular situation and requirements.
My question was more of how do I use the content rating, since I think that is the best way, in a filter, maybe I was a bit unclear.

Is the way you posted the certification (aka content rating according to the bindings page) usable directly in a filter?

Totally new to this automation thingy and filters and such. Quick learner thou :)
PC: Crosshair V Formula-Z +AMD FX 8350 + 16 GB RAM + ASUS RX580 4GB Dual OC
Homelab: Dell PowerEdge T610 + 2x Intel Xeon E5530 + 16GB RAM + Proxmox
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

--filter allows you to make sure that FileBot will never match certain movies, to increase matching accuracy in various special circumstances. It has nothing to do with where files get moved or copied to, which is what --format does.

TL;DR If you want to customize the output file and folder structure, then you can use custom formats.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.