how to install license for another user?

Any questions? Need some help?
garyleecn
Donor

how to install license for another user?

Post by garyleecn »

so I just updated filebot and now it requires a license. however the problem is, I can't install license...

I'm using filebot on a Synology system, and it's being called by sabnzbd. the latest sabnzbd runs on it's own user called 'sc-sabnzbd'. and here comes the problem, I can't ssh in the system w/ user 'sc-sabnzbd'...

so is it possible to install license if I ssh in as an admin user or even root?

thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: how to install license for another user?

Post by rednoah »

You can configure FileBot to search for a license file in different locations, but the easiest solution is to just call FileBot as that user, like normal. You don't need to SSH for that. If you have root, then you can definitely run a process as another user.

Smart Solution
Use su or sudo to run filebot --license as different user:

Code: Select all

sudo -H -u sabnzbd filebot --license /path/to/license.psm
:idea: -H is important so that FileBot is running with the $HOME of that user, which is where the license is ultimately installed / copied to.

Less Smart Solution
How does sabnzbd run filebot then? Perhaps some sort of sabnzbd.postprocess.sh script that calls filebot -script fn:amc at some point? Why not just add the filebot --license command there?

Replace this line:

filebot -script fn:amc ...
With this line:

filebot --license /path/to/license.psm
And then just have sabnzbd call FileBot as usual, et voilà, it'll install a license instead of running the amc script. :lol:

:!: Make sure to remove the filebot --license command afterwards, so you don't activate your license every single time many many many times, which might get your license auto-blacklisted.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
garyleecn
Donor

Post by garyleecn »

Then the question becomes, where do I purchase the license? There isn’t any mention of license on the website (at least the page I’m looking at..l)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The latest version is still in beta. If you use the beta, it'll ask you to install a license as necessary, and give you all the necessary information then and there.

If you're using the CLI tool, then it'll print something like this:

License Error: UNREGISTERED

Please purchase a FileBot License:
https://www.filebot.net/purchase.html#spk

FileBot requires a valid license. Please run `filebot --license *.psm` to install your FileBot license.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.