How to process Music files?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
ScottNY845

How to process Music files?

Post by ScottNY845 »

Hello Everyone:

Any chance we can get the ability to add Music to Filebot? Or does anyone know a great program that will allow you to fix and rename music files as easy as Filebot can do?

Scott
rednoah
The Source

Re: Music??

Post by rednoah »

FileBot already does support Music. Either via AcoustID audio fingerprints, or ID3 Tags.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ScottNY845

Post by ScottNY845 »

Thanks for the input..does it do cover art as well?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, download of cover art is not supported.
ScottNY845

Post by ScottNY845 »

So if I may ask would be the correct coding for

Name of group / Album / Track
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Best to grab a few sample files, and then just play with the format editor:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

Then you can click on the Image button to see all the variables, live data for your own sample files.
ScottNY845

Post by ScottNY845 »

I got the GROUP / TRACK figured out...just not sure of the code to use that shows the album name in the RENAME
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{album} or {albumArtist} variables sound like they might give you the album value.
ScottNY845

Re: How to process Music files?

Post by ScottNY845 »

I got it, but thanks a million for replying and helping....
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Just found this thread and it's remarkably helpful. I had no idea that AccoustID was so accurate. As you said, everyone likes to format their music differently, especially with live music, but I wanted your advice about including information in the format when it isn't available elsewhere. While AccoustID seems to get the song title correct, even for live cuts, I don't expect that it has any logic for cross reference the show date (as is appears as part of the title) with some database like Setlist.fm. Therefore, I need to make a preset for live tracks which will require customization each time, such as creating an album title that is something like "YYYY-MM-DD - Venue, City, State". Since that data is something I need to scoop from the setlist on a text file, I will need to fill in a preset each time. I was wondering if you knew of the most efficient way to do this. I was thinking of having a live format that literally had something like the above where I would see the format to manually fill it, but I am wondering if I have to save it each time and/or can start with a template that I manually fill, which would be preferred. Obviously each live recording will be named differently with different set sheets, but it would be nice to keep my own template that I manually filled out without losing my generic template when I do. Any suggestions?
DarfNader

Post by DarfNader »

Just found this thread and it's remarkably helpful. I had no idea that AccoustID was so accurate. As you said, everyone likes to format their music differently, especially with live music, but I wanted your advice about including information in the format when it isn't available elsewhere. While AccoustID seems to get the song title correct, even for live cuts, I don't expect that it has any logic for cross reference the show date (as is appears as part of the title) with some database like Setlist.fm. Therefore, I need to make a preset for live tracks which will require customization each time, such as creating an album title that is something like "YYYY-MM-DD - Venue, City, State". Since that data is something I need to scoop from the setlist on a text file, I will need to fill in a preset each time. I was wondering if you knew of the most efficient way to do this. I was thinking of having a live format that literally had something like the above where I would see the format to manually fill it, but I am wondering if I have to save it each time and/or can start with a template that I manually fill, which would be preferred. Obviously each live recording will be named differently with different set sheets, but it would be nice to keep my own template that I manually filled out without losing my generic template when I do. Any suggestions?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

DarfNader wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 14:10 Therefore, I need to make a preset for live tracks which will require customization each time, such as creating an album title that is something like "YYYY-MM-DD - Venue, City, State". Since that data is something I need to scoop from the setlist on a text file, I will need to fill in a preset each time.
Well, your format could just look for nearby text files, and grab additional data from there. (Depending on your coding background, you could scrape data from setlist from within your format code.)

You may find the example here inspiring:
viewtopic.php?t=2072