[BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
mrknx

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by mrknx »

Hi Noah,

is it possible to get a test license for a few days? I want to try filebot node first on my QNAP until I buy a license.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by rednoah »

You can try it without a license. It'll run and it'll ask for a license if you're doing something that requires a license. If you're using FileBot Node then you can use the Dry Run button.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Mendeln
Donor

Post by Mendeln »

rednoah wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 13:36 Newer builds of the SPK / QNAP package already do this by storing the license file in the same location for all users, so a license imported as User A will subsequently work for User B as if that user had imported the license himself.
i reinstalled filebot and filebot node. now it works fine.

rednoah wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 13:36 That is a strange error. How can you not have a working /bin/sh? I don't think it's related to filebot directly. The message might be trying to tell us the executable "/bin/sh: " doesn't exist, which points and a strange syntax error somewhere, because there definitely isn't an executable file path that ends with ": " colon space.
with my new filebot script it works as well. (red is new)
filebot.sh wrote:#!/bin/sh

###########################################
### NZBGET POST-PROCESSING SCRIPT ###

# Filebot Postprocessing

### NZBGET POST-PROCESSING SCRIPT ###
###########################################

/volume2/@appstore/filebot/filebot.sh -script 'fn:amc' /volumeUSB1/usbshare/downloads/complete --output /volume2/video/Filme --action move --conflict override --lang de --def 'ut_label=movie' 'clean=y' 'deleteAfterExtract=y' 'exec=synoindex -a "{file}"' 'movieFormat={n =~ /^(?i)[a-z]/ ? n.replaceAll(/^(?i)(The|A|An|Der|Die|Das) (.+)/, /$2, $1/).upper()[0] : '\''#0-9'\''}/{plex.name} [{vf}] [{ac} {af.replace('\''8ch'\'','\'' 7.1'\'').replace('\''7ch'\'','\'' 6.1'\'').replace('\''6ch'\'','\'' 5.1'\'').replace('\''3'\'', '\'' 2.1'\'').replace('\''3ch'\'','\'' 2.1'\'').replace('\''2ch'\'','\'' Stereo'\'')}]' --log all

POSTPROCESS_SUCCESS=93
POSTPROCESS_ERROR=94

exit $POSTPROCESS_SUCCESS
very nice software. im looking forward to see awsome things in the future :D
MasterCATZ

Post by MasterCATZ »

Thanks for the lifetime access
FileBot License XXXX (Valid-Until: 2068-08-10) has been activated successfully.
I will consider it back paying you for the last decade for using it for free :P
was hoping for the $50 option that you first thought off, considering we are still beta testing this license thing :P

however, I do have a few concerns as to how the license recognizes the machine

some programs I use seem to think its a new pc every time I change kernels etc
others like TeamViewer seem to do it randomly I think its when I do a force package reinstall
my phone now shows my pc 100+ times in the list

so as the license is only up to 5 should I install it on the pc or just run the install from a docker station or some other virtual wrapper?

90% of the time I use ubuntu, but the way it's going down the Toilet I might be jumping ship soon

oh and can you start up some form of open source system so this can be continued when you leave and or worst case scenario die, the worst part about being a 1 man show great product being paid for but no dev redundancy

*sigh*
and this is what I hate about updates, now no longer in the software center or able to run from cmd prompt without using full path
/usr/bin/filebot

Code: Select all

bash -xu <<< "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/filebot/plugins/master/installer/deb.sh)"

The following packages will be upgraded:
  filebot
1 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 67 not to upgrade.
Need to get 87.5 MB of archives.
After this operation, 287 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 https://get.filebot.net/deb stable/main amd64 filebot amd64 4.8.2 [87.5 MB]
Fetched 87.5 MB in 26s (3,366 kB/s)                                                                                                 
(Reading database ... 756392 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../filebot_4.8.2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking filebot (4.8.2) over (4.7.9) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1ubuntu3.18.04.1) ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.3+18.04.20180207.2-0ubuntu1) ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.9-2) ...
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-11ubuntu1) ...
Setting up filebot (4.8.2) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
aio@aio:~$ fliebot
fliebot: command not found

aio@aio:~$ whereis filebot
filebot: /usr/bin/filebot /usr/share/filebot
whats this about ?

aio@aio:~$ /usr/bin/filebot
Aug. 11, 2018 7:21:39 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /home/aio/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml

aio@aio:~$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
  0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1101      auto mode
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1101      manual mode
* 2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1081      manual mode

and after this update still crashing with java 11

sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1101      auto mode
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1101      manual mode
  2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1081      manual mode

Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number: 0
aio@aio:~$ /usr/bin/filebot
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:165: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Aborted
aio@aio:~$
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

MasterCATZ wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:57 I will consider it back paying you for the last decade for using it for free :P
That's the idea. The pricing does factor that into account a little bit. :lol:

MasterCATZ wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:57 I do have a few concerns as to how the license recognizes the machine
FileBot doesn't do anything like that. There is no hard limit and FileBot doesn't keep track of your machines online at all. However, if the same license were to get activated from many different IPs all around the world, then the system might send you an email to ask what's going on.

MasterCATZ wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:57 oh and can you start up some form of open source system so this can be continued when you leave and or worst case scenario die, the worst part about being a 1 man show great product being paid for but no dev redundancy
For obvious historic reasons, FileBot is already much more open-source than any other commercial tool. For obvious business reasons, I can't let you just clone the entire platform at the press of a button. Fortunately, the paid software model gives me incentive to not leave, in addition to my natural talent for not dying.

MasterCATZ wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:57 aio@aio:~$ fliebot
fliebot: command not found
It's filebot and not fliebot.

I have no idea what that means, but I've seen similar errors when testing the SNAP package, and a reboot usually resolves the issue:

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:165: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Aborted
:idea: The DEB and SNAP packages include their own Oracle JRE so FileBot will completely ignore the JRE you may or may not have installed on your system.
popeye

Post by popeye »

Hello, I've just tried to install the windows version and it fails each time? The portable version says I need Java10 (64bit), but I only have a 32bit computer so can't install the 64bit version of java, and the installer version wont install because it doesn't like my processor. I'm running win7 Home Premium.
feuerwasser

Post by feuerwasser »

With the new filebot 4.8.2 for Synology i have this output running filebot:

No such property: license for class: Script1
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: license for class: Script1
        at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:14)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:64)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:148)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:36)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:126)

Failure (°_°)

root@Diskstation:~# filebot -version
x86_64
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5711) / Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_181 / Linux 4.4.59+ (amd64)

root@Diskstation:~# uname -a
Linux Mediaserver 4.4.59+ #23739 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 10 00:18:17 CST 2018 x86_64 GNU/Linux synology_apollolake_418play
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789) is the final release. Please try that. You may need to uninstall / reinstall if DSM doesn't upgrade you automatically.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

popeye wrote: 11 Aug 2018, 14:22 Hello, I've just tried to install the windows version and it fails each time? The portable version says I need Java10 (64bit), but I only have a 32bit computer so can't install the 64bit version of java, and the installer version wont install because it doesn't like my processor. I'm running win7 Home Premium.
Unfortunately, 32-bit Windows 7 is not supported. 32-bit Windows 10 is supported via the Microsoft Store only at this point. I may reevaluate the need for 32-bit support with the next release if there's enough demand.
popeye

Post by popeye »

Is there an older version that I can use that will work?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's a pre-release test build for 32-bit Windows 7 you can try:
https://get.filebot.net/filebot/HEAD/
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

Hi,

At last I have some tome to try the new 4.8.2 with my licence file.

When I try to install the new DEB file I get this error...

sudo dpkg -i FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb 
(Reading database ... 244089 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking filebot (4.8.2) over (4.7.9) ...
dpkg-deb (subprocess): cannot copy archive member from 'FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb' to decompressor pipe: unexpected end of file or stream
dpkg-deb (subprocess): decompressing archive member: lzma error: unexpected end of input
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
dpkg: error processing archive FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb (--install):
 cannot copy extracted data for './usr/share/filebot/jre/lib/libjfxwebkit.so' to '/usr/share/filebot/jre/lib/libjfxwebkit.so.dpkg-new': unexpected end of file or stream
Errors were encountered while processing:
 FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb
...any ideas?

Paul
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like you have a partial / incomplete file there:

unexpected end of file or stream

:arrow: I recommend using the APT repository instead of downloading / installing things manually: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6028
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

OK, I will try the APT repository another day, thanks.

For the time being, I have downloaded the latest file and installed manually, which seems to have gone well.

I have also imported my Licence file and run the sysinfo script...

FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.05
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-08-09 (r533)
Groovy: 2.5.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 65 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux nas 4.4.0-128-generic #154-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 25 14:15:18 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DATA: /home/paully/.filebot
Package: DEB
License: FileBot License XXXXXXXX (Valid-Until: 2019-07-23)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)
...that all look OK so far?

:-)

Paully
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

OK, so first run with 4.8.2 appears to be missing TheTVDB lookup...

Locking /home/paully/.filebot/logs/amc.log
Run script [fn:amc] at [Sun Aug 12 13:19:03 BST 2018]
Parameter: minFileSize = 0
Parameter: seriesFormat = TV/{n}/{n} {s00e00}
Parameter: movieFormat = Movies/{n} ({y})
Parameter: clean = y
Parameter: ut_dir = /home/paully/Downloads/completed/Tangled.The.Series.S02E08.720p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]
Parameter: ut_kind = multi
Parameter: ut_title = Tangled.The.Series.S02E08.720p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]
Input: /home/paully/Downloads/completed/Tangled.The.Series.S02E08.720p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/tangled.the.series.s02e08.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv
Group: [tvs:tangled the series] => [tangled.the.series.s02e08.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Auto-detected query: [tangled the series]
Fetching episode data for [LSB The Series]
Fetching episode data for [XIII (2011)]
Fetching episode data for [Blade]
Fetching episode data for [Sotus: The Series]
[COPY] from [/home/paully/Downloads/completed/Tangled.The.Series.S02E08.720p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/tangled.the.series.s02e08.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv] to [/home/paully/Plex/TV/XIII (2011)/XIII (2011) S02E08.mkv]
...do I have to clear the cache or delete some old format files before I run the new 4.8 version?

Thanks,

Paully
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Probably just a random mismatch caused by tangled the series not being a known alias for Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure?

Auto-detected query: [tangled the series]
Fetching episode data for [LSB The Series]
Fetching episode data for [XIII (2011)]
Fetching episode data for [Blade]
Fetching episode data for [Sotus: The Series]
:idea: Looks like none of the options are any good...
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

rednoah wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 12:31 Probably just a random mismatch caused by tangled the series not being a known alias for Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure?
OK, a manually run command line test with an added --q "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure" fixed it for now...

Input: /home/paully/Downloads/completed/Tangled.The.Series.S02E08.720p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/tangled.the.series.s02e08.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv
Group: [tvs:tangled the series] => [tangled.the.series.s02e08.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv]
Rename episodes using [TheTVDB]
Fetching episode data for [Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure]
[COPY] from [/home/paully/Downloads/completed/Tangled.The.Series.S02E08.720p.WEB.x264-TBS[rarbg]/tangled.the.series.s02e08.720p.web.x264-tbs.mkv] to [/home/paully/Plex/TV/Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure/Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure S02E08.mkv]
...so I'll wait for my next TV show to appear then try it on that (hopefully more regularly name!) with my shell script.

Thanks,

Paully
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can request additional series alias names to be added to the FileBot database here if you don't want to wait for TheTVDB to fix things on their end:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=360
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

Wow, I never knew... that's really good of you!

However, this is a slightly tricky one... in that it _used_ to be called "Tangled the Series" for season 1 and for season 2 it has changed it's name to "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure".

The URL in thetvdb is https://www.thetvdb.com/series/tangled-the-series but it's called "Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure".

Paully
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

@bluenoah (or yellownoah, rednoah, purplenoah, etc)...

Maybe I missed it, but with the new model, will the program not fully function after the year is up, or will new updates prompt for a renewal? I'm hoping that the last version I have installed when my time is up will continue to work, with a renewal required to update. If a renewal will be required regardless of updating or not, will that prevent the script from renaming as well, or will it only affect the GUI?

Don't get me wrong, already did the $6 purchase, and that is obscenely reasonable for an entire year. Just asking questions that others may have now or in the future. Might be a good idea to include such information on the homepage, so that someone will know just what to expect. (Including the fact that it doesn't auto-renew.)

Considering my lackus-fundus and the price, I might not get the lifetime. Not telling what will be happening 9 years from now ($6 * 9 = $54), and also, would rather feed you $6/year, so that you have a more consistent income, vs the $ up front and then nothing more in the future.

I would also like to encourage you to add in the ability to buy two or three years at a time ($6/yr, no discounts), as a convenience factor. And, if possible, a way to limit the number of machines a license can be used on, for your protection. You're providing a great product, and $6/yr is very reasonable, yet you just know there are going to be people who will try to cheat you by giving dozens of people their license to use so they don't have to buy it themselves.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Seems like you already got it. FileBot (regardless of version) will only work and rename files while a valid license is plugged in, and if it's expired then it'll remind you to purchase a new one (and stop working). So you will have to purchase a new license every year even if you stick with an older version of FileBot and never updated.

Having to many purchase options is somewhat confusing, but maybe a 3 year option might be reasonable, but then we're back to the ~15~20 USD price point that people didn't like previously. I'm looking into a auto-renewable yearly option, but this will be much more technically involved.

I do collect license activation statistics, so depending on the level of abuse, I will spend more or less time fine-tuning various license activation checks. I find the level of abuse to be surprisingly low so far though, but I guess that is to be expected with trusted early adopters such as yourself. :lol:
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

What about the ability to extend a license by activating a new one while one is already active? Someone could then add a year even if they have a couple of months remaining, and could be an alternative to buying multiple years at a time. Also adding an option (disabled by default) to pop up a reminder to the user when they have less than 2 weeks remaining. Should pop up only one time, remain until acknowledged, and have an option to remind in a week. Since it would disabled by default, it wouldn't be one of those unwanted annoying reminders.

Before I double clicked the license file (worked nicely to auto-install it, thank you!), I couldn't find anywhere to get information on buying/entering a license, prior to trying to rename files that is. Am I missing it, or is there no "Help/About" option? Wouldn't surprise me if I'm being blind.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

That would be probably be more tricky and error prone than an auto-renew subscription purchase. Expiration reminders is probably something I'll look into once the first few licenses are about to expire. It's not an issue for the GUI, as you can simply purchase one at the spot when required, plug it in, and continue. The CLI is more tricky since things are generally unattended, though I might just add a warning message to the console output.

There's no Help / About / FAQ regarding license management. I might add something to the FAQ but somehow everyone has figured it out so far. It seems to be quite intuitive.

The idea is to let users just run FileBot and try it first, and to only ask for a purchase once you're at the point where things are already guaranteed to be working well, as to minimize support and refunds.

I've added the purchase options to the front page, because some users seem to prefer to buy a license first. Plus making it very clear that FileBot is a paid purchase now is somewhat important to manage expectations.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

rednoah wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 04:28 That would be probably be more tricky and error prone than an auto-renew subscription purchase.
I assume you are referring to making it work with Paddle? Not sure how it works and such, but if it has the ability to add a year to an existing subscription, that should be most of the work right there. If it can be done without much of a headache, I'm sure you'll make it possible. Would allow for uninterrupted subscriptions, without losing time for renewing early.

rednoah wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 04:28 Expiration reminders is probably something I'll look into once the first few licenses are about to expire.
Wonderful. If you add it, it'll be nice to have an optional reminder vs companies that force 90/60/30/15/7/5/3/2/1 day reminders on you. Ease of use and user friendliness... It's why so many people are willing to chip in the little money you ask for in return for what you offer. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Yep, right now it's all simple one-time purchases, which work quite a bit different from subscriptions, though I haven't looked into in in detail.

I'm more inclined to send out an email reminder, that you can then choose to ignore or star, with maybe a calendar attachment. Let's see what thoughts people have on the topic over the next year. Your feedback is much appreciated.