License Error: Desktop Bridge not found

Support for Windows users
jshcastle

License Error: Desktop Bridge not found

Post by jshcastle »

I purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store. I have a plex server running qbittorrent and filebot with RSS feeds. I'm not sure if I have my command structure wrong, but filebot will not trigger plex or rename any media files. It is grabbing subtitles and extracting archives, however.
Just trying to get the extraction and plex triggering working for now, so the structure for where I'm extracting and moving movies/server/etc I don't care about quite yet. Here's my current command regardless:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\filebot" -script dev:amc --output "D:" --log-file "D:/amc.log" --action move --conflict auto -non-strict --def plex=127.0.0.1:********** --def movieFormat="\Movies" --def seriesFormat="\TV_Shows" --def animeFormat="\Anime" --def unsorted=y --def subtitles=en --def artwork=y --def excludeList=amc.txt --def clean=y --def exec="'c:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\Plex Media Scanner.exe' --scan --refresh" "%F"
(yes, I have the plex --def and an exec command in there. I'm not doing both at once, it's just reference).

I get an error on any PC that I install Filebot on when i run it in the command line(The GUI is working just fine though).
The error is: License Error: Desktop Bridge not found.

Not finding anything useful online about this. I'm a systems guy and only dabble in development and have no experience with UWP, so I'm not positive about the issue or it's source, or if there's actually a licensing issue.
Here's the output from 'filebot -script fn:sysinfo'

FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.05
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-08-09 (r533)
Groovy: 2.5.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 34 MB Used Memory
Package: APPX
License: Desktop Bridge not found
Done ?(?????)?
Any help appreciated. Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: License Error: Desktop Bridge not found

Post by rednoah »

Your command looks strange since you shouldn't have access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps in the first place. You may need to restore the original permissions.

When you say filebot -script fn:sysinfo, do you mean this?

filebot -script fn:sysinfo
or this?

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\filebot.exe" -script fn:sysinfo
The latter shouldn't work since you won't be running the executable in the UWP context.

:idea: The filebot tool should be called by calling filebot. This will always work because %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps is in the path by default and contains the UWP CLI launcher %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\filebot.exe which is responsible for running the filebot command-line tool.

Your formats contain no variables!? i.e. these format will result in Movies.mkv as full destination path for each and every movie you process, regardless of the actual movie name, so you'll be overriding the same file over and over, and in combination with --action move lose all your files, except one. Best to remove these options for now:

--def movieFormat="\Movies" --def seriesFormat="\TV_Shows" --def animeFormat="\Anime"
:arrow: Best to just use {plex} for everything at first, which is default, and so you can just not specify these parameters.

:arrow: Best to experiment with custom formats in the GUI first: https://www.filebot.net/naming.html
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
jshcastle

Post by jshcastle »

the filebot command did not work at first, until i reinstalled. I wasn't aware that there was a UWP context. I'll have to look into that.
Permissions on the folder were simply added by myself. The stock owner is SYSTEM, so I simply added myself by elevating CMD with psexec to SYSTEM and running icacls. Standard technique that I use when playing with permissions. The original permissions were left as-is.

I work as a sysadmin so I basically never touch UWP stuff, no business uses it! haha.
Thanks for the behavioral info on the movie formats. Probably should have read through that before messing with it.
I was experimenting with them, but none of the variables actually changed the behavior, filebot kept extracting the contents of the archive to the source folder and not moving it. I assumed this was due to the licensing issue, however.

1. I ran filebot -script fn:sysinfo to get the system info.

2. Running commands in cmd with

"filebot"

"C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_49ex9gnthnt12\filebot"

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\filebot"

"%appdata%\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\filebot"
all return the same issue:

C:\Users\admin>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 34 MB Used Memory
Done ?(?????)?
I've removed all the formats for now until I can fix this. I'll play with that later, for now it can just leave the files where they are. I really only care about the automatic file extraction and plex auto-update right now.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Please try this one in a normal CMD / PS that runs as your normal user without any kind of special permissions or elevated context:

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\filebot.exe" -script fn:sysinfo
jshcastle

Post by jshcastle »

Sorry, almost edited my original post with that. Long night...

C:\Users\admin\Plex>"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\filebot.exe" -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 35 MB Used Memory
Done ?(?????)?
This was after a clean reboot, reinstall of filebot, running in a standard cmd. I'm only elevating when necessary for specific tasks.
The windows 10 install is fresh. This box is being built for this specific purpose and has nothing but chrome, qbittorrent, plex, and filebot installed.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Are you sure the GUI works though? I mean including actually processing files, because I think it'll error out with License: Desktop Bridge not found as well.

Let's try a few sanity checks with the GUI Groovy Pad. Just hit F5 twice to open Groovy Pad. And then run this code and paste back the output:

runScript 'sysinfo'
runScript 'sysenv'

println File.pathSeparatorChar == ';'
println System.getProperty("java.home").contains("PointPlanck.FileBot")
println Files.isWritable(Paths.get(System.getProperty("java.class.path")))
axnjackson11

Post by axnjackson11 »

I'm having the same issue starting with 4.8.3 (r5812) update installed from the Windows store today.

This is the output for filebot -script fn:sysinfo

FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 64 MB Used Memory
Done ?(?????)?
I am able to put files into the 'Original Files' window, select 'Match', then 'TheTVDB', which then populates the 'New Names' window. At this point, when I select 'Rename', no files are changed and a popup window with the following says 'Filebot Desktop Bridge not found'.

I did not have this issue until the App updated via the Microsoft Store update process when I started my computer this evening.

****Quick Edit, I ran the code in Groovy Pad that you posted above and this was the output:

FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 63 MB Used Memory
# Environment Variables #
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE: AXNJACKSON-ASUS
LOCALAPPDATA: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local
PROCESSOR_LEVEL: 6
USERDOMAIN: AXNJACKSON-ASUS
LOGONSERVER: \\AXNJACKSON-ASUS
ALLUSERSPROFILE: C:\ProgramData
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: AMD64
PSModulePath: C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
SystemDrive: C:
OneDrive: D:\OneDrive
APPDATA: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming
USERNAME: justi
ProgramFiles(x86): C:\Program Files (x86)
CommonProgramFiles: C:\Program Files\Common Files
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer Chroma SDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Razer Chroma SDK\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;;C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jre\bin
PATHEXT: .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
DriverData: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
COMPUTERNAME: AXNJACKSON-ASUS
PROCESSOR_REVISION: 9e09
CommonProgramW6432: C:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
ProgramData: C:\ProgramData
ProgramW6432: C:\Program Files
HOMEPATH: \Users\justi
SystemRoot: C:\WINDOWS
TEMP: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\Temp
HOMEDRIVE: C:
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
USERPROFILE: C:\Users\justi
TMP: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\Temp
CommonProgramFiles(x86): C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
ProgramFiles: C:\Program Files
PUBLIC: C:\Users\Public
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 8
windir: C:\WINDOWS

# Java System Properties #
sun.desktop: windows
awt.toolkit: sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
java.specification.version: 10
file.encoding.pkg: sun.io
javafx.runtime.version: 10.0.2+13
sun.cpu.isalist: amd64
sun.jnu.encoding: Cp1252
java.class.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jar\filebot.jar
net.filebot.AcoustID.fpcalc: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib\fpcalc.exe
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons: true
java.vm.vendor: "Oracle Corporation"
grape.root: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\grape
useExtendedFileAttributes: true
sun.arch.data.model: 64
jna.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib
user.variant: 
java.vendor.url: http://java.oracle.com/
user.timezone: 
jna.nounpack: true
os.name: Windows 10
java.vm.specification.version: 10
javafx.version: 10.0.2
sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout: 60000
jna.boot.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib
sun.java.launcher: SUN_STANDARD
user.country: US
sun.boot.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jre\bin
net.filebot.dnd.sort: true
sun.java.command: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jar\filebot.jar
jdk.debug: release
sun.cpu.endian: little
user.home: C:\Users\justi
user.language: en
java.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.version.date: 2018-07-17
java.home: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jre
file.separator: \
java.vm.compressedOopsMode: Zero based
line.separator: 

unixfs: false
useCreationDate: false
java.specification.name: Java Platform API Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.awt.graphicsenv: sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
useNativeShell: true
http.agent: FileBot/4.8.3
user.script: 
sun.management.compiler: HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
java.runtime.version: 10.0.2+13
user.name: justi
sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout: 10000
path.separator: ;
java.net.useSystemProxies: true
application.help: show
os.version: 10.0
jna.nosys: true
java.runtime.name: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
file.encoding: Cp1252
jnidispatch.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib\jnidispatch.dll
java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.vendor.version: 18.3
application.update: skip
jna.loaded: true
java.vendor.url.bug: http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/
java.io.tmpdir: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\tmp
swing.crossplatformlaf: javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel
java.version: 10.0.2
user.dir: C:\WINDOWS\system32
os.arch: amd64
java.vm.specification.name: Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.awt.printerjob: sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
sun.os.patch.level: 
application.deployment: appx
java.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib
java.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.vm.info: mixed mode
java.vm.version: 10.0.2+13
application.dir: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
sun.io.unicode.encoding: UnicodeLittle
org.apache.commons.logging.Log: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog
java.class.version: 54.0

# Arguments #

true
true
true
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you perhaps forcibly change the permissions / ownership of the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps at some point? There's a few things that look odd because FileBot shouldn't have write-access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps which makes one of the sanity checks fail.
axnjackson11

Post by axnjackson11 »

As far as I know, I have not done anything to change the default permissions for any of the folders on my laptop.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'll need some time to figure it out and release a fix. In the meanwhile, if you try things in a clean VM it's probably just work.

Alternatively, changing the permissions C:\Program Files\WindowsApps might work too. Normally, you'd get an error if you tried to open this folder in Explorer, but on your machine I reckon you'll just be able to open it like any other folder.
axnjackson11

Post by axnjackson11 »

actually, you are correct. I did modify permissions to allow me to open and see what was in WindowsApps. At the time, I was trying to troubleshoot why I could not get the Filebot AMC script to work (it wouldn't activate at all from the CMD prompt window). Eventually, I did a clean reinstall and everything has worked as advertised for the last 4 months or so.

****EDIT****: I reset the WindowsApps folder to the default security permissions and can no longer access it from my User profile. This had no effect on running the Rename function in the program. It still returns 'Desktop Bridge not found' and reran the sysinfo and Groovy Pad.

C:\Users\justi>filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 35 MB Used Memory
Done ?(?????)?

FileBot 4.8.3 (r5812)
CPU/MEM: 8 Core / 3 GB Max Memory / 42 MB Used Memory
# Environment Variables #
USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE: AXNJACKSON-ASUS
LOCALAPPDATA: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local
PROCESSOR_LEVEL: 6
USERDOMAIN: AXNJACKSON-ASUS
LOGONSERVER: \\AXNJACKSON-ASUS
ALLUSERSPROFILE: C:\ProgramData
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE: AMD64
PSModulePath: C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
SystemDrive: C:
OneDrive: D:\OneDrive
APPDATA: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming
USERNAME: justi
ProgramFiles(x86): C:\Program Files (x86)
CommonProgramFiles: C:\Program Files\Common Files
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer Chroma SDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Razer Chroma SDK\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\PuTTY\;;C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jre\bin
PATHEXT: .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
DriverData: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData
COMPUTERNAME: AXNJACKSON-ASUS
PROCESSOR_REVISION: 9e09
CommonProgramW6432: C:\Program Files\Common Files
ComSpec: C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
ProgramData: C:\ProgramData
ProgramW6432: C:\Program Files
HOMEPATH: \Users\justi
SystemRoot: C:\WINDOWS
TEMP: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\Temp
HOMEDRIVE: C:
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel
USERPROFILE: C:\Users\justi
TMP: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Local\Temp
CommonProgramFiles(x86): C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
ProgramFiles: C:\Program Files
PUBLIC: C:\Users\Public
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS: 8
windir: C:\WINDOWS

# Java System Properties #
sun.desktop: windows
awt.toolkit: sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
java.specification.version: 10
file.encoding.pkg: sun.io
javafx.runtime.version: 10.0.2+13
sun.cpu.isalist: amd64
sun.jnu.encoding: Cp1252
java.class.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jar\filebot.jar
net.filebot.AcoustID.fpcalc: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib\fpcalc.exe
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons: true
java.vm.vendor: "Oracle Corporation"
grape.root: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\grape
useExtendedFileAttributes: true
sun.arch.data.model: 64
jna.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib
user.variant: 
java.vendor.url: http://java.oracle.com/
user.timezone: 
jna.nounpack: true
os.name: Windows 10
java.vm.specification.version: 10
javafx.version: 10.0.2
sun.net.client.defaultReadTimeout: 60000
jna.boot.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib
sun.java.launcher: SUN_STANDARD
user.country: US
sun.boot.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jre\bin
net.filebot.dnd.sort: true
sun.java.command: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jar\filebot.jar
jdk.debug: release
sun.cpu.endian: little
user.home: C:\Users\justi
user.language: en
java.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.version.date: 2018-07-17
java.home: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\jre
file.separator: \
java.vm.compressedOopsMode: Zero based
line.separator: 

unixfs: false
useCreationDate: false
java.specification.name: Java Platform API Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.awt.graphicsenv: sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
useNativeShell: true
http.agent: FileBot/4.8.3
user.script: 
sun.management.compiler: HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
java.runtime.version: 10.0.2+13
user.name: justi
sun.net.client.defaultConnectTimeout: 10000
path.separator: ;
java.net.useSystemProxies: true
application.help: show
os.version: 10.0
jna.nosys: true
java.runtime.name: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
file.encoding: Cp1252
jnidispatch.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib\jnidispatch.dll
java.vm.name: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.vendor.version: 18.3
application.update: skip
jna.loaded: true
java.vendor.url.bug: http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/
java.io.tmpdir: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot\tmp
swing.crossplatformlaf: javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel
java.version: 10.0.2
user.dir: C:\WINDOWS\system32
os.arch: amd64
java.vm.specification.name: Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.awt.printerjob: sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
sun.os.patch.level: 
application.deployment: appx
java.library.path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12\lib
java.vendor: Oracle Corporation
java.vm.info: mixed mode
java.vm.version: 10.0.2+13
application.dir: C:\Users\justi\AppData\Roaming\FileBot
sun.io.unicode.encoding: UnicodeLittle
org.apache.commons.logging.Log: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog
java.class.version: 54.0

# Arguments #

true
true
true
axnjackson11

Post by axnjackson11 »

Rednoah,

I ended up just uninstalling Filebot and doing a fresh install of Filebot and now it is running with no issue.

I appreciate all the hard work you put into this software and forum. It makes my life so much easier having this software be available!
miggy

Post by miggy »

Having the same error too. Is the only fix, to reinstall, or are we still waiting?

Thanks,
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The original cause is non-default permissions of the WindowsApps folder. Presumably, reinstall is a possible solution since it resets the permissions of all the application files.

EDIT:

Fixed. Though the fix will probably break 32-bit Windows again in some odd outdated configurations.
miggy

Post by miggy »

Confirmed. Its working now. Thanks.

FWIW: The reason my windowsApps folder had weird permissions, was because I had to see the name of the filebot folder that kept changing with each update. I had to keep modifying PATH. It seems you have fixed that a while ago too. (Or perhaps my system had its own issues.)

Thanks again.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The executables for commands installed via the Store are here:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
This path is in %PATH% by default.

:idea: The WindowsApps folder has special permissions because you're never supposed to access it, even if you're a power user.

:idea: When you start an app via the standard interfaces (e.g. tile or command) then it'll start a UWP context and run the executable within that. But if you pry open the WindowsApps folder and double-click an executable, you'll be running it in the classic Win32 context, without UWP context / file system indirection / registry indirection / etc. It might work for Desktop Bridge apps, but more accidentally than by design. :lol:
miggy

Post by miggy »

Yep, I think I've always had that path. But it just stopped working one day, giving a filebot not found type error. I searched this forum, and found I was alone on the issue. So, I just added my own system path (for better or worse):

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.1.0_x64.... 
This is the last version I had to add...
Al3x

Post by Al3x »

I'm also having the same error. The machine having the issue is one that I don't use or make changes on and things downloaded via torrent just send the folder path to FileBot for the magic to happen.

I have had Windows Apps issues many months ago, but things have been running smoothly for months. It makes me think a windows update "changed" something that triggered this. I'll make my own thread eventually when I can collect more data, but it seems like something is up.

Uninstall/reinstall from the windows store did not resolve it. I added "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PointPlanck.FileBot_4.8.3.0_x64__49ex9gnthnt12" to both my user path and system path with no luck...not sure if that was supposed to resolve it either.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

FileBot 4.8.4 should fix the issue and is available in the Store. If you don't get the update automatically right away, then you can click on Check for updates to force the latest updates.

:!: Opening C:\Program Files\WindowsApps or relying on any specific file paths inside is never a good idea.
Al3x

Post by Al3x »

rednoah wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 04:24 FileBot 4.8.4 should fix the issue and is available in the Store. If you don't get the update automatically right away, then you can click on Check for updates to force the latest updates.

:!: Opening C:\Program Files\WindowsApps or relying on any specific file paths inside is never a good idea.
I can confirm it did fix it for me. I also want to note that it's surprisingly confusing to get the update from the Windows store.

I'm not relying on any specific file paths. I call from qBittorrent this PowerShell command:

filebot -script fn:amc --output "Y:/Media" --log-file amc.log --action copy --conflict auto -non-strict $hashTable["F"] --def music=y subtitles=en artwork=y plex=localhost storeReport=y deleteAfterExtract=n clean=y unsorted=y "movieFormat=Y:/Media/Movies/{n} ({y}) {imdb.rating} {source} {resolution}/{n} ({y}) {imdb.rating} {source} {resolution}" "seriesFormat=Y:/Media/TV/{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}"
Where $hashTable["F"] is just the download.