Key or Only in Windows-Store?

Support for Windows users
Maik

Key or Only in Windows-Store?

Post by Maik »

Hello, community,

please forgive my English. I try to write in an understandable way. My question relates to the purchase version of Filebot for Windows 10, is it only possible to purchase from the Windows Store, or is it possible to purchase a license key that I can pay via Paypal, for example? I'm sorry if such a thread has already been opened here, but as I said, my English is not the best.

Greetings

EDIT:

Okay, I read that you can buy a lifetime or annual license elsewhere. However, I now have the question why the lifetime license (54 Dollar) is so much more expensive than in the Windows store (currently for 20 Euros)? Is there a possibility to buy them for 20 Euro?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Key or Only in Windows-Store?

Post by rednoah »

Both options are possible, but which options is best for you depends on your use case.

If you purchase FileBot on the Microsoft Store, you will only be able to use your purchase within the Windows 10 ecosystem, but not on Windows 7 / Windows 10 LTSB / macOS / Linux / Synology NAS / or any other platform or OS that does not have the Microsoft Store. The Microsoft Store purchase is half the price of the universal license since it can't be used on non-Microsoft platforms and is thus less valuable (unless you only care about Windows 10 in which case it's just a cheaper option).

TL;DR Windows Store (30 USD excl. 30% Microsoft cut) + Mac App Store (30 USD excl. 30% Apple cut) Purchase ≈ FileBot Universal License Purchase (60 USD incl. 5% Paddle cut)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Maik

Re: Key or Only in Windows-Store?

Post by Maik »

Oh, well, thanks for the info.

Windows 10 is good enough for me.