[BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Wolfie

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by Wolfie »

rednoah wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 04:51 Your feedback is much appreciated.
Your excellent product is much appreciated. :)
Psionix

Re: [BETA] FileBot 4.8.2 (with support for all platforms with cross-platform license system)

Post by Psionix »

Hi,

I bought FileBot on MacOSX 2 years ago, because this application is really amazing.
I'am using the filbert GUI but also the command line interface (CLI) installed using homebrew-cask.

With the last update the filebot GUI interface is registered, but the CLI version 4.8.2 is not registered.
How can I get my license files (.psm) to activate the CLI version of FileBot ?

Best regards,
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Have you tried the --license option on the CLI? Also, I would think that it should already use the one you used with the GUI. Do you have filebot installed in multiple locations?

On the command line, try this:

Code: Select all

filebot --license "Path-to-the-license-file.psm"
Psionix

Post by Psionix »

Hi Wolfie,

The problem is not the command but the license file.

I bought my Filbot License on the Apple AppStore, and I want to register the FileBot command line tools (CLI) installed using Homebrew cask.

I know the command to register the CLI but I don't know where to find the license files.

Please give me the "path-to-the-license" or told me how i can download the license file or generate it when you bought the license on the AppStore.

Best Regards
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow (and never has) CLI tools in the Mac App Store, so there's no CLI tools in the Mac App Store purchase:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5983

Unfortunately, there's now no longer an alternative free version you could use instead. It's not possible to change a MAS purchase into a universal license, but if you PM me with your MAS purchase confirmation then I'll issue you a 1 year complimentary license for the non-MAS version.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Psionix

Post by Psionix »

Hi rednoah,

I've decided to bought Filebot more than one year ago (when we were not obliged to) because this software is really cool.

For sure apple doesn't allow CLI tools in the AppStore, but this is the reason why, FileBot is accessible throught homebrew cask.

On my mac mini, before the last update, I was using Filebot v4.8.2 from the AppStore and CLI tools v4.7.9 from homebrew cask (I'm using scripts with jdownloader to call filelbot). and all was working perfectly.

If i understand well, people like me who have bought a license on the App Store can't use it for the CLI tools on any platform.

In my opinion you have to be clear on your website, and explain that if you buy a license on stores you can't use it for CLI tools.

If we want great features in FileBot, I understand that we have to pay (nobody is working for nuts) and this is what i have done as an early Filebot adopter.

But it sound strange to me to hear that my license can't be use for CLI tools, and on the website we can read the following :

------
Purchase life-time universal license US$54.00
A valid license is required to unlock FileBot.
A single license is valid on all platforms and can be used on multiple machines.
Microsoft Store and Mac App Store purchases do not require a separate license.
------
I"am a french guy and my english is not perfect this is probably the reason why the last sentence seems ambiguous to me.

anyway, just let me know what are the document you need as proof of my purchase and how to send you a private email ?

Best regards.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Microsoft Store and Mac App Store purchases do not require a separate license.
The Microsoft Store, the Mac App Store and my FileBot Universal License system are completely separate. So if you make a purchase via one of those systems, it'll be valid for that one system. Unfortunately, in the case of the Mac App Store, that one purchase does not include the CLI tools. It also does not include Subtitle related features. As a "funny" side node, Apple does not allow references to features that are not in the app in the app description.

I understand your concerns, and that's why I'm offering free (albeit the usual 1 year time limited) universal licenses. Please PM me your purchase confirmation (e.g. the email you got from Apple, or screenshot, as pdf or png shared via google drive or dropbox) and your name plus email.

Alternatively, you can keep just using FileBot 4.7.9 as it's still free and available and still mostly works AFAIK.
kodiuser

Post by kodiuser »

I'm rebuilding a raspberrypi box from a friend that uses Filebot 4.7.14 version, and it's working ok. I went to the official website trying to download maybe a bugfix version, but now there's a "Buy a license" option for 4.8.x. IMHO the price is *more than fair* for everything this software provides, but I miss:

- A statement on the website saying the changes between these major versions, 4.7.x and 4.8.x, specially about this licensing model;
- A statement saying exactly which features are binded to a license. Maybe for what this friend uses Filebot for, he doesnt need a license (although I will suggest him to buy one for the sake of helping the developer).

This now is a more specific question and you can answer me with a direct message as well: does compilng from source for personal purposes (and not creating a third-party binary since I read the dont be a dick license) still needs a license as well?

rednoah, please don't get me wrong with the above questions ok.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This very thread explains the new license model. I do not intended to clutter the front page with details and history. There's all sorts of details that might be useful for one person or another, but if I add all of them, nobody would read any of them. The forums are the right place to read up on release notes, history and detailed questions & answers.

FileBot requires a license. It's that simple. Having difference licenses for different feature sets is not planned. While it's true that currently some features work without a license as a courtesy / intentional oversight / for evaluation purposes for new users, this may or may not hold true in the future.

The source code is for educational purposes only. You will not be able to recreate a working FileBot build without also recreating your own server-side infrastructure and applying for your own API keys for all the services you want to support in your custom build. Suffice to say, creating your own build from source is not feasible nor officially supported.
Eye

Post by Eye »

A) good that you have suport for more then just the Store now!
B) Back then i went for the direct licence and now i kind of do get a unregistered version after update
=> how do i get The licence file?

Best regards
kodiuser

Post by kodiuser »

rednoah wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 07:22 1.
This very thread explains the new license model. (...)

FileBot requires a license. It's that simple. (...)

The source code is for educational purposes only. (...)
Thanks for the detailed response. You've done lots of support in the past in this forum and in the project itself even when it didn't require a license, so I'm glad for that and I'm going to say to my friend that he now needs to buy a license, period.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

kodiuser wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 23:35 I'm going to say to my friend that he now needs to buy a license, period.
Yes. Thanks to the new system, there's no more ambiguities with different versions and platforms, and so it's up to the end user to make a simple purchase / don't purchase decision.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Eye wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 18:37 Back then i went for the direct licence and now i kind of do get a unregistered version after update
=> how do i get The licence file?
What exactly do you mean? By "direct license" do you mean the new universal license system that uses Paddle as payment platform?

:arrow: Here's how it'll work: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6121
Eye

Post by Eye »

Padel was not involved it was direct thorugh paypal and you send me a Message with a line in via Pm ?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

OK. Please PM me that line.
Psionix

Post by Psionix »

Thank you very much to all the team for the 1 year universal license.

Don't hesitate to spend some money on this great software.

Special Thanks to Rednoah.

rednoah wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 21:10
I understand your concerns, and that's why I'm offering free (albeit the usual 1 year time limited) universal licenses. Please PM me your purchase confirmation (e.g. the email you got from Apple, or screenshot, as pdf or png shared via google drive or dropbox) and your name plus email.

███████╗██╗██╗     ███████╗██████╗  ██████╗ ████████╗                
██╔════╝██║██║     ██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔═══██╗╚══██╔══╝                
█████╗  ██║██║     █████╗  ██████╔╝██║   ██║   ██║                   
██╔══╝  ██║██║     ██╔══╝  ██╔══██╗██║   ██║   ██║                   
██║     ██║███████╗███████╗██████╔╝╚██████╔╝   ██║                   
╚═╝     ╚═╝╚══════╝╚══════╝╚═════╝  ╚═════╝    ╚═╝                   

██╗███████╗     ██████╗ ██████╗ ███████╗ █████╗ ████████╗
            ██║██╔════╝    ██╔════╝ ██╔══██╗██╔════╝██╔══██╗╚══██╔══╝
            ██║███████╗    ██║  ███╗██████╔╝█████╗  ███████║   ██║   
            ██║╚════██║    ██║   ██║██╔══██╗██╔══╝  ██╔══██║   ██║   
            ██║███████║    ╚██████╔╝██║  ██║███████╗██║  ██║   ██║   
            ╚═╝╚══════╝     ╚═════╝ ╚═╝  ╚═╝╚══════╝╚═╝  ╚═╝   ╚═╝   

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nice ASCII art. I'll copy & paste that for later. :lol:
Junsheng

Post by Junsheng »

I purchased FileBot via the Windows Store. Will it be possible to the .pms at a discount for use on other platforms?

It's quite silly that we have to purchase the same software multiple times just so that we can use it across the different platforms (e.g. Synology and Mac) that we own.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

It's silly indeed. Feel free to remind Microsoft / Apple / Google that their respective Stores are a bit silly in that regard. You wouldn't be the first to be annoyed at how things work nowadays.

:arrow: Fortunately, I have my own system now, which allows me to give you more options and choices. If you PM me your purchase confirmation + name + email then I can issue you a free test license.
mmeklenschek

Post by mmeklenschek »

Sorry, I hope this is the right forum. I had bought the cross-platform license and it was working fine up until August 15th. Now I get the following error:

No such property: license for class: Script1
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: license for class: Script1
        at Script1.run(Script1.groovy:14)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.evaluate(ScriptShell.java:64)
        at net.filebot.cli.ScriptShell.runScript(ScriptShell.java:74)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.runScript(ArgumentProcessor.java:148)
        at net.filebot.cli.ArgumentProcessor.run(ArgumentProcessor.java:36)
        at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:126)

Failure (°_°)

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks.
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Until Noah responds, try reinstalling and also clearing the cache (command line: "filebot -clear-cache" I think is the command). Also, make sure you're not mixing versions from different sources, ie, Microsoft store vs the download from the homepage of this site.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

What does filebot -script fn:sysinfo say?

:arrow: You're probably using a pre-release revision. Please read No such property: license for class: Script1 for details.
MasterCATZ

Post by MasterCATZ »

MasterCATZ wrote: 10 Aug 2018, 20:57 aio@aio:~$ fliebot
fliebot: command not found
It's filebot and not fliebot.

Woops :oops:

Filebot just randomly started to decide to not work, keeps crashing or if it does stay open will not open any files all greyed out

aio@aio:~$ filebot
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:165: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Aborted
Aug. 25, 2018 7:30:55 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /home/aio/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml
aio@aio:~$ sudo filebot
[sudo] password for aio: 
Aug. 25, 2018 7:31:38 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run
WARNING: Prefs file removed in background /root/.java/.userPrefs/prefs.xml
Aug. 25, 2018 7:32:08 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
	at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$runLoop$11(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
aio@aio:~$ sudo update-alternatives --config java
There are 2 choices for the alternative java (providing /usr/bin/java).

Selection    Path                                            Priority   Status
------------------------------------------------------------
* 0            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1101      auto mode
  1            /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/java      1101      manual mode
  2            /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java   1081      manual mode

Press <enter> to keep the current choice[*], or type selection number: 2
update-alternatives: using /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/bin/java to provide /usr/bin/java (java) in manual mode
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
java: ../../src/xcb_io.c:165: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
Aborted
Aug. 25, 2018 7:34:04 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run
aio@aio:~$ sudo filebot
Aug. 25, 2018 7:35:53 PM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run

aio@aio:~/Downloads$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo 
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.05
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
GVFS: PlatformGVFS [/run/user/1000/gvfs]
Script Bundle: 2018-08-14 (r534)
Groovy: 2.5.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 7 GB Max Memory / 47 MB Used Memory
HW: Linux aio 4.17.0-041700-generic #201806041953 SMP Mon Jun 4 19:55:25 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
DATA: /home/aio/.filebot
Package: DEB
License: FileBot License xxxxxxxx (Valid-Until: 2068-08-10)
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
aio@aio:~/Downloads$ 

aio@aio:~$ filebot -clear-cache
Clear cache
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/2
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/5
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/1
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/4
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/3
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/6
Error during startup
java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /home/aio/.filebot/cache/6/web-datasource-lv2.index
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities$2.visitFile(FileUtilities.java:168)
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities$2.visitFile(FileUtilities.java:164)
	at net.filebot.util.FileUtilities.delete(FileUtilities.java:164)
	at net.filebot.Main.main(Main.java:94)

aio@aio:~$ sudo filebot -clear-cache
[sudo] password for aio: 
Clear cache
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/6
* Delete /home/aio/.filebot/cache/0
Aborted
aio@aio:~$ 
as far as I know, I never have used the snap package ( or any snap packages )
I'll try a purge as soon as I find where to backup my renaming options

preferences.backup.xml is all i could find unsure why its last modified date was when filebot was last run I have not changed any settings for years

wow 386 meg to run this :P

sudo apt remove --purge filebot
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libc++1 libc++abi1 libgsoap-2.8.60 libvncserver1
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  filebot*
0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 1 to remove and 17 not to upgrade.
After this operation, 386 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] 
Debian package: FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg -i FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package filebot.
(Reading database ... 760434 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack FileBot_4.8.2_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking filebot (4.8.2) ...
Setting up filebot (4.8.2) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.13.3-11ubuntu1.1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-1ubuntu3.18.04.1) ...
Processing triggers for bamfdaemon (0.5.3+18.04.20180207.2-0ubuntu1) ...
Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/bamf-2.index...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.9-2) ...
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Still greyed out as reading files what command can I run to work out the issue ?

filebot
Fetch failed: https://app.filebot.net/update.xml
java.net.UnknownHostException: app.filebot.net
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:142)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfModified$9(CachedResource.java:215)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$0(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
	at net.filebot.Main.checkUpdate(Main.java:276)
	at net.filebot.Main.onStart(Main.java:208)
	at net.filebot.Main.lambda$main$1(Main.java:161)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:435)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:425)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: app.filebot.net
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:139)
	... 11 more

Failed to check for updates
java.net.UnknownHostException: app.filebot.net
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:142)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$fetchIfModified$9(CachedResource.java:215)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$0(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.retry(CachedResource.java:121)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.lambda$get$1(CachedResource.java:87)
	at net.filebot.Cache.computeIf(Cache.java:90)
	at net.filebot.CachedResource.get(CachedResource.java:82)
	at net.filebot.Main.checkUpdate(Main.java:276)
	at net.filebot.Main.onStart(Main.java:208)
	at net.filebot.Main.lambda$main$1(Main.java:161)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:435)
	at net.filebot.util.ui.SwingUI$SwingRunnable.doInBackground(SwingUI.java:425)
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: app.filebot.net
	at net.filebot.web.WebRequest.fetch(WebRequest.java:139)
	... 11 more

Aug. 26, 2018 9:31:29 AM java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences$6 run

export JAVA_OPTS="-Dnet.filebot.logging.debug=ALL -Dnet.filebot.web.WebRequest.log.response=true"
aio@aio:/SnapRaidRW/DATA/Android$ filebot
Using persistent disk cache /home/aio/.filebot/cache/0
Aborted
Last edited by MasterCATZ on 25 Aug 2018, 23:36, edited 8 times in total.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

No idea. X window server bugs. Probably nothing you can do. A reboot will probably fix things.

Aborted
:arrow: If you're using the SNAP package, then you could try the DEB package instead, since there'll be less bugs due to SNAP interfaces / confinement not being a thing.
ZombieRodeo

Post by ZombieRodeo »

I downloaded 4.8.2 on my MacMini but every time I try to install it, it gets to the 'Validating Packages' part and ends with an installation error.