Can I convert a Windows 10 purchase to a universal license?

Support for Windows users
ageffen

Can I convert a Windows 10 purchase to a universal license?

Post by ageffen »

After using filebot for a while, I bought a license via the Microsoft store. I am in the process of trying to automate file renaming on my home system which includes plex, hdhomerun and playon. In searching the web, I found the beta and downloaded it. It lists my version as unregistered. Is there a way to apply the license I purchased to the version I downloaded so as to get full access?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Registration

Post by rednoah »

Why do you need the universal version when you already have the Windows 10 version? Both editions are on the latest version. There currently is no beta. Why do you want to use the universal edition instead of the Windows 10 edition that you have already bought?

:idea: The Windows 10 version and the Universal License version are completely different products and not interchangeable as far as your purchase is concerned. I am however known for issuing free 1 year universal licenses on a case by case basis for users that have accidentally purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store but then need Linux support as well.

:idea: There are no limitations on Windows 10, so you can use the Windows 10 version for everything, UNLESS you want to use FileBot on Linux and macOS as well, in which case you'll need a universal license for the universal / non-store edition.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
GhostOfSparta

Re: Registration

Post by GhostOfSparta »

rednoah wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 03:40 I am however known for issuing free 1 year universal licenses on a case by case basis for users that have accidentally purchased FileBot on the Microsoft Store but then need Linux support as well.
Piggy-backing on this post, I'll create a new topic if you think it's necessary.

I bought the windows version a while ago, but I'm in the process of transitioning everything to linux. I'm currently running 4.7.7 portable in a docker container, but I'd like to upgrade to 4.8.2, mainly just to be on the newest version (I'm not really doing anything other than running the AMC script, so maybe I don't need to upgrade for now, but I'd like to not be super out of date). Could I get a year license for 4.8.2?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Re: Can I convert a Windows 10 purchase to a universal license?

Post by rednoah »

Sure. Please PM me your name / email / proof of purchase (preferably screenshot or pdf shared via gdrive).
shishishi

Post by shishishi »

invio anch'io pm
virtualfrancky

Post by virtualfrancky »

Honnestly, and without being rude, you can purchase the annual for just 6$, rednoah deserves it for this amzing software. That's what I did, I had the windows 10 bought on MS store, and purchase the 6$ annual license for Linux.
beardednam

Post by beardednam »

Hi,

I've purchased a license for Windows Filebot, but I'm converting over to Linux. Can I convert my license to a universal one as well?

Thanks,
BeardedNAM
beardednam

Post by beardednam »

@virtualfrancky, I agree, it is absolutely an amazing product! That's why I didn't have an issue paying for it when I did. I don't have a problem paying an additional fee to convert it. That's why I'm asking. I guess this is becoming a bigger issue than anticipated, but I think people just want to know the conversion process or if there is one.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

There's this:
viewtopic.php?t=9517