Filebot App Store and CLI

Support for macOS users
cheaters

Filebot App Store and CLI

Post by cheaters »

Hi,

I seem to have run into an issue. I can no longer run the CLI. I am getting a LicenseError: UNREGISTERED. I purchased the Mac App Store version and I have installed the CLI using Brew. Is it replacing the Mac App Store version and losing the license?

I did see you have implemented a new licensing structure.

If I delete the version that Brew downloaded from /Applications and install the Mac App Store version then nothing works on the command line.
cheaters

Re: Filebot App Store and CLI

Post by cheaters »

After I downloaded from the Mac App Store, then hopped into terminal to install the filebot CLI using brew this is what I get:

Code: Select all

iMac132: admin$ filebot -script fn:sysinfo
FileBot 4.8.2 (r5789)
JNA Native: 5.2.2
MediaInfo: 18.05
7-Zip-JBinding: 9.20
Chromaprint: 1.4.2
Extended Attributes: OK
Unicode Filesystem: OK
Script Bundle: 2018-08-14 (r534)
Groovy: 2.5.1
JRE: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 10.0.2
JVM: 64-bit Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
CPU/MEM: 4 Core / 6 GB Max Memory / 38 MB Used Memory
HW: Darwin iMac132.local 17.7.0 Darwin Kernel Version 17.7.0: Thu Jun 21 22:53:14 PDT 2018; root:xnu-4570.71.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
DATA: /Users/admin/.filebot
Package: APP
License: UNREGISTERED
Done ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The Mac App Store does not support or allow CLI tools:
viewtopic.php?t=5983

Please ask Apple Support for a refund, and then purchase a universal license instead, so you can keep using the standalone version. I guess the underlying issue is that starting with FileBot 4.8.2 it's no longer free, and thus the brew cask version is no longer free.

If you PM me your name / email / MAS purchase confirmation, then I can issue you a complimentary license.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
karloswins

Post by karloswins »

rednoah wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 08:39 The Mac App Store does not support or allow CLI tools:
viewtopic.php?t=5983

Please ask Apple Support for a refund, and then purchase a universal license instead, so you can keep using the standalone version. I guess the underlying issue is that starting with FileBot 4.8.2 it's no longer free, and thus the brew cask version is no longer free.

If you PM me your name / email / MAS purchase confirmation, then I can issue you a complimentary license.
Hello, I've just registered to send you a PM about this but new users can't send PM.

Regarding the refund, you can only ask Apple for a refund in the 14 days period after the purchase, so it is not an option right now for some of us.

Thanks for your work and support.
scsa001

Post by scsa001 »

Hi,

I have the same problem after an upgrade to 4.8.3 from the app store. Is there any fix for app store buyers who use the CLI?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You can request a complimentary 1 year license for the non-MAS version which does include the CLI. Please PM me your name / gmail / MAS purchase confirmation shared via gdrive for that.
MacBook

Post by MacBook »

I've been trying to PM you, but I haven't been "active" enough on the forum. I have the MAS purchased version and am getting the Unregistered prompt with FileBot CLI. Can I request one of those 1 year licenses you discussed?

Thanks!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »