Recent Issue with (album)

Support for Windows users
mwherry

Recent Issue with (album)

Post by mwherry »

Good evening,

Currently running filebot on windows 10. Licensed thru the Microsoft store. The program is amazing, been loving it for over a year, wonderful purchase!

I had setup a basic music expression.

Code: Select all

{artist}/{artist} - {album} - ({y})/{'Track '+  pi.pad(2)+' - '}{artist}  - {t} - ({y})
So my output would look something like:

Code: Select all

Willie Nelson
                ------>  Willie Nelson - My Way - (2018)
                            ----------->  Track 01 - Willie Nelson - Fly Me to the Moon - (2018).
This had been working really well, I had converted a number of iTunes and other type setups. Recently went to do some new stuff, and it came back without the Album name in the Sub Directory Structure. My assumption is I did something stupid and its stopped working. I have read thru a number of other posts and cannot seem to determine what I have done that messed it up. I also tried a number of other albums that I performed this with on in the past, and those had the same effect. Tried both music sources as well In case it might be related.

I can of course go in and manually do the correction after the fact (Not that big a deal) but it was wonderful when it was working. I would appreciate any input, or if you know an expression that would work better then what I have listed. Yes Please! :)

Thank you all for any assistance you can provide!
mwherry

Re: Recent Issue with (album)

Post by mwherry »

As with all great things.. I think the error was somthing easy. I cleared out the full expression and hand recreated it, and it seems to be working now.

I hate to waste a post, does anyone happen to have a good music format when they want to switch to a Soundtrack? Or if anyone does have a better way to do the above I certainly am open. Best!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Did you select AcoustID or ID3 Tags?

Note that AcoustID may not always give you the data you want for each individual file, so maybe {album} was just undefined for some tracks. ID3 Tags is much more reliable but requires files to have ID3 tags already.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
mwherry

Post by mwherry »

Red, I was using AcoustID, so I think your summation is spot on. So it would sound like for best results go ahead and pre-add ID3 tags to the files and then use Filebot to get things nice and clean. I like it! Thank you!