Renaming, tv shows, but without FileBot ask me every time...

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
MartinL

Renaming, tv shows, but without FileBot ask me every time...

Post by MartinL »

Hey, i download the same TV shows every week, so its a bit annoying that i need to tell the program, yep its S.W.A.T (2017) every week, is there not a option or some thing, that remembers the last pick, since the chance i get the same tv show name, for new downloads is really like 0%, if there was a old TV show with the same name, i would probably had downloaded it by now. :)

I really only use the Rename function with my string i made, everything else the program can i do not use, since all i need is renaming of files.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Renaming, tv shows, but without FileBot ask me every time...

Post by rednoah »

The --filter option is what you want:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2127

e.g. tell FileBot to focus on post-2000 shows and movies:

Code: Select all

--filter "y > 2000"

:idea: If you're using the amc script, then I recommend reading the Advanced Fine-Tuning section as well: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=215
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Thx, but that only works with automatic "scripting" or what its called, if i do it with uTorrent, or other programs, but it will then rename all tv shows... that i download, and i do also download like ton other shows that i only watch, but do not save. it would be more complicated then it have to be. :(

I then have to put every show in separate Labels in uTorrent, with a Label called "Save", else the folder will just be the default one, i do not label my torrent, they are more or less all just in "No Label" since i watch the shows as they come out.
And if i do not put a label on them, they won't be in a seperate folder on the drive, and i cant use the script then, the script would just rename every thing that then would be in "E:\Torrent\Seed", shows i want to save, shows i watch and delete :(

Like it would be some like "E:\Torrent\Seed" as default, but with label it would then be "E:\Torrent\Seed\Save"
So if i have to move the shows i want to save into "Save" Label, manually every time i download some thing, then its sorta the same as having to press the TV Show name every time i press rename :/

Running --filter "y > 2000" from the preset in Rename gives error, since it dos not know what the --filter "y > 2000" is :(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm not sure what you're trying to say... Are you using the GUI or the CLI?

:idea: My previous response applies to the command-line tools (CLI), and not the graphical user interface (GUI).

Please post screenshot to illustrate the issue:
https://snag.gy/
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Well i do not know how to use the Command line, i use the Windows Program, drag and drop style, and then Pressing my preset button to rename.

I think what you want me to do is, use uTorrent and then put in the script to let it handle everything, i do NOT want that. i just want to use the program press rename and then thats it, no other programs involved :)

But ah well, i do not think that FileBot can do that, so i may just go out and buy another program :/
kim
Power User

Post by kim »

Maybe you can use a CSV file in your format ?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=182
exclude the "wrong" shows in the file

BTW: you're using GUI (Help and Support), but you post in CLI (Scripting and Automation)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I see. We're talking about the GUI then. That might be something to mention in the OP. ;)

The FileBot GUI has a "Repeat" button whenever you select a show in the GUI. By default it'll say "1" so your choice will only be made once. But if you switch to "ALL" then FileBot will remember your choice and always select the same show for the same query, so it won't have to ask you every time.
MartinL

Post by MartinL »

Thx thx thx thx, i have not even seen that function. :D

I use a dark Windows Skin, so the little icon is almost the same color as the skin itself (Using Windows Blinds to skin the whole system), so even with your comment, i had to look for it like 3 mins before my eyes saw the dark icon :D

And sorry if i seemed upset or angry, its just me getting old and grumpy :(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Haha. No worries. Now you know why posting screenshots is really important for understanding each other. ;)