Giant music library

Any questions? Need some help?
Arsia

Giant music library

Post by Arsia »

I'd like to have FileBot rename and sort all music from `/to_organize` and move them into `/music`. There are tens of thousands of tracks. What's the best way to automate this? Any suggestions on the script? It seems like AMC would be a good fit here? How would I write that? Any performance issues with doing this with so many tracks?
rednoah
The Source

Re: Giant music library

Post by rednoah »

Are you using the GUI or the CLI?

The amc script is not particularly useful here, since you don't need anything special that the amc script does on top of simple -rename calls.

You can sort music into any folder structure you want by setting your format appropriately:
https://www.filebot.net/naming.html

By using ID3 tags as database, you'll by relying on locally available information only, which is fairly instant. Using AcoustID will be very slow because it requires talking to a remote server (i.e. --db AcoustID is 1000x slower than --db ID3).
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Arsia

Post by Arsia »

I'll be using the CLI. I'm okay with it taking awhile knowing that it will be more correct. Does FileBot add information into the file much like MusicBrainz does?
Arsia

Post by Arsia »

Alright, this command worked as highlighted in the examples:

Code: Select all

find . -type d -exec filebot -rename -non-strict {} ';'
It doesn't move to the other directory but it does rename. It also uses ID3.
Arsia

Post by Arsia »

This one is perfect

find . -type d -exec filebot -rename --format "{plex}" --output / -non-strict {} ';'
It goes straight into the Music directory.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Arsia wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 07:28 I'll be using the CLI. I'm okay with it taking awhile knowing that it will be more correct. Does FileBot add information into the file much like MusicBrainz does?
Coming back to this one. FileBot will not modify files in any way, and thus won't write or modify ID3 tags like MusicBrainz does.

Arsia wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 14:05 This one is perfect

find . -type d -exec filebot -rename --format "{plex}" --output / -non-strict {} ';'
It goes straight into the Music directory.
If --db is not specified, the ID3 tags will be used if available, and AcoustID if not. Specifying --db ID3 explicitly is generally recommended, because results might be confusing or inconsistent for some files without ID3 tags where AcoustID implicitly used as fallback.

There is no need to call filebot for each folder. Instead, you can just make a single filebot call and pass in all the files:

filebot . -rename --db ID3 --format "{plex}" --output / -non-strict
Arsia

Post by Arsia »

Just coming back to this to say that using the above resulted in

> java.lang.Error: Properties init: Could not determine current working directory.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Here's a duplicate report for this particular issue:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6278

:?: Are you using filebot in some sort of distributed / remote / non-local / unusual filesystem?