Wishlist for New Features and Scripts

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
rednoah
The Source

Wishlist for New Features and Scripts

Post by rednoah »

Hi,

Here's me trying another angle to make this project economically feasable, as opposed to being just being blackhole for time. I'd love to spend more time on FileBot and other ideas for tools that just help people save time and do fun stuff instead. Free open-source software is a grand-and-lofty idea and totally makes sense to me, then again here it's really just one guy working thousands of hours pretty much for free, that makes less sense.

So I though maybe if people really want certain features, that I don't really care for much and are not worth my time anyway, how about sponsoring my work?

Proposed Features:
* Rename music videos by scraping last.fm
* Rename wizard for sorting completely messed up stuff
* Some way of dealing with "Name - 1x01 - Title 1 - Title 2 - Title 3" kind of multi-episode naming
* GUI for fetching artwork
* GUI (or maybe just a script) for checking for missing episodes
* utorrent-postprocess: auto-delete torrents from utorrent on complete and move files
* utorrent-postprocess: support Growl notifications
* utorrent-postprocess: support fetching artwork and nfo files per episode
[DONE] utorrent-postprocess: support Pushover notifications => Sponsored by Aaron Johnson

Groovy Scripts and Automation:
* Trouble with scripting things the way you want? I can probably get it done in a fraction of the time you'd need.

Or anything else you'd like to get done?

If you have any thoughts or ideas just post ahead. ;)
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
TQwan

Re: Wishlist for New Features and Scripts

Post by TQwan »

I suggest you implement support for
http://www.subtitleseeker.com

It seems to have the most subtitles for almost every release, since they index other subtitle websites.

Intergration into your project should be relatively easy since they have a XML & JSon web API: http://www.api.subtitleseeker.com/

They also support url based searching, http://www.subtitleseeker.com/tools/webmasters/
So if you don't want to wait on a API key you can just scrape the website with something like Tag Soup, HtmlUnit, Web-Harvest or jARVEST.

I'll also donate 5€ if you implemented this.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

You do realize that, while there is an API for search, in order to actually download subtitles I'd still have to write a scraper for each and every subtitle website? Even for 500€ I couldn't be bothered with maintaining that! :D
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

* GUI for fetching artwork

this would be nice along with nfo

still using EMM for all of that, would be nice to have it all in one tool
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

Dunno if this has been suggest or is in the works, but I see Filebot automatically excludes (grays out) files with the .txt extension when present in a folder with the video file you wish to rename... However when there is a .nfo file Filebot will treat it as an actual video file and try to rename it as its video counterpart...

What would be cool is if we could exclude certain files we want by creating a .txt file for Filebot to look through (like a robots.txt) for now, and later on have a GUI for it so we can manually add/edit exclusions? For me the only issue is .nfo files, I haven't tested what happens with other files, they're probably greyed out by default?

I know some users like to have .nfo's as mediacenters such as XBMC can pull info from them, but I'm not one of those lucky few users. :P

So is there anything I can do about this besides manually removing the files each time? Also what would be cool, is when running the scan for renaming, that it not only automatically renames the files you put into the GUI, but also the files excluded (greyed out) so it does a sort of a cleanup, nothing left behind (especially awesome when moving from one drive to another! Or even a share!).

Just a thought. :) As usual, awesome work Reinhard!!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, not gonna delete files. Only people smart enough to use cmdline and the cleaner script should be able to batch delete files.

GUI's logical as it is. If you only wanna rename some files (e.g. search for *.avi) then only drop those files in. If you don't wanna rename .nfo files just don't drop them in.
Deadmano

Post by Deadmano »

Point taken! But when it comes to a variety of movie file types, such as .avi, .mp4, .mkv etc, it tends to get slightly repetitive, but yet again much easier than not using Filebot at all! I just thought there was a way to automate the process, like when batch renaming hundreds of files and not having to manually filter.

Nonetheless, thanks ever so much for the reply, and once again thank you for creating one of the most essential programs used today! You rock!
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm pretty sure you can create a search folder for .avi OR .mp4 OR .mkv then you have a kinda virtual folder (called library on win 7) that'll only contain video files without any folder structure.

With scripting you can of course very easily build in that filter. Just can't think of a universal / smart / non-clutter way to build that into the UI. Not gonna add a "Rename only Video Files" button, that way I might as well add a thousand options that people would then waste time on figuring out what they do.

EDIT:
You can do that check in your format though. As a very simple example:

Code: Select all

{ext =~ /avi/ ? episode : fn}
For .avi files use default episode formatting, for everything else use original filename.
koztya

Post by koztya »

Would be good to add possobility to make manual associations for episode renaming.
I.e. I load files, then select name of serial, and associate episodes manually.
koztya

Post by koztya »

yes, I know how to enter name of serial manually, but I'm talking about another topic - manually associate individual episodes with files.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Also in the video... takes 2 minutes => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJca0ipOCAg

1. grab the episode list via episodes panel
2. align files/episodes manually
koztya

Post by koztya »

wow, thank you very much. really sorry that didn't find that in video ;)
PhantomHelix

Post by PhantomHelix »

I was wondering if it would be possible to have filebot output a plain text file (during the rename process) of the original file names and the names they were changed to and have it placed into the directory where the files end up (if the files are moved for instance)

I know i could just take that info from the history but having it automagicaly done would be nice :)

something like this:

filebot result.txt

####################################
Filebot renaming list

Chuck - 01 Chuck Versus the Intersect - 720p.mkv -->> S01E01 - Chuck Versus the Intersect.mkv
Chuck - 02 Chuck Versus the Helicopter - 720p.mkv -->> S01E02 - Chuck Versus the Helicopter.mkv

rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I guess you'd have to write a filebot script that checks through the history and writes some text files. Shouldn't be more than 4-5 lines.
Reneg

Post by Reneg »

Hi , I like the new forum , good job.

I want to suggest (if possible), to add a function to check which kind of 3D video is included in a MKV file like (H-SBS or H-TAB) and than add this TAG when renaming.
This function will be usefull in Plex Server.

Thank You
René
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

In the Format Editor / Bindings Viewer you can check all properties MediaInfo can grab from movie files.

If you can find the video property that would tell me what kind of 3D movie it is let me know. Or how does Plex know it's a 3D movie? Is there 2 video streams? Is there a special video property that i can read with mediainfo?
ashfallen0
Power User

Post by ashfallen0 »

Grumpy wrote:* GUI for fetching artwork

this would be nice along with nfo

still using EMM for all of that, would be nice to have it all in one tool
XBMC scraper is one step above DIY, so getting the nfo/artwork in the GUI (perhaps as a checkbox []Fetch NFO/ART) when doing large rename jobs will kinda force XBMC to find stuff right.
Image PHPBB3 hates me.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Heard MediaElch is doing a good job and nice and comprehensive GUI for artwork and info. Haven't tried it but with filebot naming everything nicely these tools should be doing a good job.
bonelifer
Power User

Post by bonelifer »

I personally use Ember Media Manager which can be found on the XBMC forums.
nephisto
Donor

Post by nephisto »

How much money are we talking about for adding and maintaining www.undertexter.se as a subtitle provider? Opensubtitles does not have nearly as many swedish subtitles. :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I'm pretty sure they have an API in which case I don't mind implementing and maintaining support. If later on you feel like donating because of that be my guest. ;)

It's all Swedish though. Mind pointing me to the docs for the APIs? Or how I can access their subtitle search/fetch/upload functions programatically?

PS: I'll be in Yunnan till 17 August till 1 September so it'll have to wait till I'm back in Taipei.
nephisto
Donor

Post by nephisto »

rednoah wrote:I'm pretty sure they have an API in which case I don't mind implementing and maintaining support. If later on you feel like donating because of that be my guest. ;)

It's all Swedish though. Mind pointing me to the docs for the APIs? Or how I can access their subtitle search/fetch/upload functions programatically?

PS: I'll be in Yunnan till 17 August till 1 September so it'll have to wait till I'm back in Taipei.

Okay, sounds nice enough. I'll be sure to send you my second donation if undertexter.se starts working. :)

I dont have any knowledge in programming whatsoever so ill post a few links that i found and you tell me if thats enough. Ive also sent undertexter.se an email asking for an api since i couldnt find any info on their homepage about it.

https://www.ruby-toolbox.com/projects/undertexter

https://github.com/oleander/Undertexter

https://github.com/paguini/UndertexterAPI
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Looking at these Ruby projects I see that they're all scraping data from the html website so I assume undertexter does not have an API. Sorry but I don't do scrapers anymore. ;)
nephisto
Donor

Post by nephisto »

rednoah wrote:Looking at these Ruby projects I see that they're all scraping data from the html website so I assume undertexter does not have an API. Sorry but I don't do scrapers anymore. ;)
Yeah supposed it's that way. Ill post again if i hear back from undertexter.se but i thank you for trying anyways :)