Any questions? Need some help?
cm2003

Enable File inheritance / ACL permissions

Post by cm2003 »

Hello.

I've got some problems with my setup. It looks as following:
Using a QNAP TS251-A
- Two users (apart from my admin) created: cm and Kodi
- One Group created: Media (cm + Kodi both got rwx access)
- Filebot installed to my NAS
- Using Container Station (docker) to virtualize Ubuntu LSX
-- NZBGet + OpenVPN + some more programs running on this virtualized machine
-- Files from NZBGet saved to /Download/completed
-- Files from /Download/completed processed by Filebot after download (NZBGet script)
--- command to do so:

Code: Select all

sshpass -p PASSWORD ssh -l USER NAS-IP "filebot -script 'fn:amc' /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Download/completed --output /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia --action move -non-strict --order Airdate --conflict auto --lang de --def 'unsorted=y' 'clean=y' 'skipExtract=y' 'seriesFormat=Series/{n}/{'\''Season '\''+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}' 'movieFormat=Movies/{ny}/{ny}{'\'' CD'\''+pi}{subt}' 'kodi=IP:8080' 'exec=chmod -R 770 \"{folder}\"' --log all --log-file '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/filebot-node/data/filebot.log'"
-- UID and GID of the virtualized user matched to the one on my NAS (UID 1000 = cm, GID 1000 = Group Media)

When I download something and files are processed by filebot, it's moving the files to my Movies/Series folder. The main folder will inherit the permission of the parent folder (which are the groups Media with rwx access and Everyone with rx). The Group and owner will be 0:0 (admin:administrators) - which is ok. The owner of the file will be 1000:1000 (cm:Media) which is don't really care about. CHMOD is 770 which is also applied.

But here comes the problem:
The inheritance doesn't work. Meaning that the users admin and cm will have Full control, guest with no access. But my groups are not applied. If I enable inheritance from my windows explorer everything will be just fine. But obviously I'd prefer an automatic approach.

It does not need to be inheritance. Applying the group would be fine too - but I just can't make it work :(

Thank you already
André
cm2003

Re: Enable File inheritance

Post by cm2003 »

I've found a way myself.
setfacl is actually working - I think I just had a typo in it Oo

I don't know how to inherit the permission, but I just apply my Media group to it:

Code: Select all

setfacl -m group:Media:rwx \"{file}\"