UI Questions - red/pink highlights and misnamings

Any questions? Need some help?
datakid

UI Questions - red/pink highlights and misnamings

Post by datakid »

Hi

I'm seeing some files come up with different colours and can't find any documentation that explains what they mean.

So, my questions (and guesses) are:
- what does red with :!: indicate? ("We acknowledge this is so wrong we won't even write it to disk"?)
- what does pink indicate? ("we have changed this but are not sure"?)
- how do I manually change the file name in the right hand pane?

Latest version of filebot on Ubuntu 18.04
rednoah
The Source

Re: UI Questions - red/pink highlights and misnamings

Post by rednoah »

The level of pink-ness indicates how wrong FileBot thinks the match might be. It means that you'll definitely want to double-check the match yourself, but if it looks good to you, then FileBot will execute as instructed once you click Rename.

If a item is pink when not selected, it'll be red when selected, so red is just the selection highlight color for lines you'll want to double-check.

:!: However, the WARNING symbol may show up in cases where the target file already exists, and thus the Rename operation can't be performed, or if the format failed for some reason, or any kind of other unexpected critical issue that might prevent the file from being processed once Rename is clicked. There may be additional warnings and dialogs to deal with the situation once Rename is pressed, so if you think it should be fine, then you can just carry on.

You'll never want to change the New Names item. It's generated from your format, and if you want to modify it, then it's best to modify the format, to make it generate the New Names do you want. That being said, you can press F2 to override the generated name.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
datakid

Post by datakid »

Thanks @rednoah.

I'll admit to being about 4 hours into my Filebot adventure with interruptions.

The format I'm using is {plex} which is the one I need, so I'm reticent to change it much.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

{plex} is a good start. What custom changes would you like to make compared to what the {plex} binding gives you by default?

Looks like the GTK theme is broken. Are you using the SNAP? Latest Ubuntu?
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.