Help with filebot naming for Plex

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
NUWK3R

Help with filebot naming for Plex

Post by NUWK3R »

I thought I had Filebot setup correctly by following this guide: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4116
I am trying to rename TV Shows for Plex. Filebot renames the files and everything looks great. I am using the following expression for my preset:

Code: Select all

{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
So it changes the filename from:

YOUNG_RIDERS_S1_D5.Title3
to this:

The Young Riders - S01E21 - The Man Behind the Badge
However after I load the files to my plex server it shows up with the old filename. I have checked the metadata with MP3tag and it shows the metadata filename as the original title before it was renamed with filebot and this is the way it shows in my plex server as well: YOUNG_RIDERS_S1_D5.Title3. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? It seems that filebot is not changing any metadata.
Thanks.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Help with filebot naming for Plex

Post by rednoah »

You'll want to disable Local Media Assets to force Plex to use the filename, and not embedded metadata:
https://forums.plex.tv/t/how-to-ignore- ... c/129660/4

:idea: Note that FileBot does not modify files, and thus won't and can't modify embedded metadata.

Plex will want the full file path to be perfect, not just the file name, so using {plex} is not strictly the same as using {n} - {s00e00} - {t} since the latter only changes the file name, but doesn't re-organize your files appropriately.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.