--conflict index and "Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists"

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
nzdreamer55

--conflict index and "Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists"

Post by nzdreamer55 »

If I have identical files and use the conflict index flag, will filebot process rename and move both files? I ask because I put it in and got this:

Code: Select all

Failed to process [/media/sf_Series.Pool/2Sort/Family Guy/Season 17/Family Guy.S17E07.[1080p].[x264].[AAC].[2ch].[TBS].The Griffin Winter Games.mkv] because [/media/sf_Series.Pool/1Finished/Family Guy/Season 17/Family Guy.S17E07.[1080p].[x264].[AAC].[2ch].[TBS].The Griffin Winter Games.mkv] is an exact copy and already exists
Maybe it is for files that are really close?

Thank you in advance.
nzdreamer55

Re: --conflict index question.

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Just a follow up. It seems if filebot finds 2 of the same file, it fails to process the file and halts. It leaves other files unprocessed.
rednoah
The Source

Re: --conflict index question.

Post by rednoah »

Yes, you're running into a sanity check:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6158

If you process two different files (e.g. 720p and 1080p version of the same episode) then --conflict index will work by adding an index at the end of the second file to make the file path unique.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nzdreamer55

Re: --conflict index and "Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists"

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Thanks again. I had an incident where some of my media got duplicated and I am wondering if there a way I can use filebot to make a list of these files that it things are duplicates so I can remove them before I try to move and rename them?
rednoah
The Source

Re: --conflict index and "Failed to process [...] because [...] is an exact copy and already exists"

Post by rednoah »

Finding duplicate files is a very simple general purpose problem. If you Google, then you'll find many GUI and CLI solutions for all operating systems.

This one looks pretty but I haven't tried it yet:
https://qiplex.com/software/speedy-duplicate-finder/

GUI and CLI tools for Linux:
https://itsfoss.com/find-duplicate-files-linux/

There'll be lots of free solution as well on the internet, maybe even a bash 1-liner will do if you're on Linux.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
nzdreamer55

Post by nzdreamer55 »

Wonderful. Thanks for the ideas and links :-) Your support is much appreciated.