Has anyone gotten FB To work with Qbittorrent v4.1.5? Or QBT still broken?

Running FileBot from the console, Groovy scripting, shell scripts, etc
Synk556

Has anyone gotten FB To work with Qbittorrent v4.1.5? Or QBT still broken?

Post by Synk556 »

I've followed all the instructions properly, and still can't get it to do anything. I REALLY want to ditch uTorrent. Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Re: Has anyone gotten FB To work with Qbittorrent v4.1.5? Or QBT still broken?

Post by rednoah »

If qBT can execute commands, then it can also execute filebot. If qBT has a problem there, then it's fairly unrelated to FileBot specifically, so best to check with the qBT guys and girls.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
ZeroByDivide

Post by ZeroByDivide »

I've been using qBT 4.1.5 without a single issue albeit I am using a python script to call filebot.

Dev team for qBT changed how the "Run external program on torrent completion" works or well they reverted it to square one so it no longer has access to anything in your %path% so if your just calling filebot normally and not through a script you will have to hard code the path of java into the "Run external program on torrent completion" along with the rest of your call to filebot. If your using a script like python for example then you will need to hardcode the path of pythonw.exe into the "Run external program on torrent completion" like such viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5157#p33762

Also qBT was never broken in the first place, they just did the above without really mentioning it to the public making some people think it was broken.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

I suppose we could just do cmd /c filebot ... then? Because CMD is in System32 so you shouldn't need to %PATH% for that, and once CMD takes over everything will work as expected.

Code: Select all

cmd /c filebot ... 
mattany

Post by mattany »

Hello,

I just switched to qbittorrent and I'm also having trouble getting it to run on completion. My command is:

Code: Select all

filebot -script fn:amc --output "E:/Videos" --action copy --conflict skip -non-strict --log-file amc.log --def plex=localhost:XXXXXXXXXXX --def subtitles=en --def clean=y --def unsorted=y music=y --def "ut_label=%L" "ut_state=%S" "ut_title=%N" "ut_kind=%K" "ut_file=%F" "ut_dir=%D"
I also tried adding cmd before the command and it wouldn't work either.
Any fix for this yet?

Thank you
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The first step is to run any command on qBT, not FileBot specifically.

What have you tried so far?