[Windows Store] Unable to install FileBot

Support for Windows users
Denny

[Windows Store] Unable to install FileBot

Post by Denny »

Hello, I have bought a copy of FileBot from the Windows Store. Last week it stopped working, when I clicked on it nothing happened. I then deleted it and went to the store. The status says "Owned", I selected "Install" and the message "Acquiring licence came up. After a short while I get the message "Error".
"Something unexpected happened. Code x80080005" The store then tries to reinstall again and repeatedly comes up with message "FileBot couldn't install, We'll try again later."

It's been trying to reinstall since 31st December and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. Could you please help.

Regards,
Denny
rednoah
The Source

Re: Unable to install FileBot

Post by rednoah »

You'll have to contact Microsoft for help with Microsoft Store issues. A factory reset will typically resolve all such issues, but that's the nuclear option and often very inconvenient.

In the meanwhile, I can over a complimentary 1 year license for the classic installer edition, so you can just ignore the Microsoft Store for the time being:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
rednoah
The Source

Re: [Windows Store] Unable to install FileBot

Post by rednoah »

rednoah wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 08:19 In the meanwhile, I can over a complimentary 1 year license for the classic installer edition, so you can just ignore the Microsoft Store for the time being:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9517
No worries. Let's go with the easy solution for now then.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.