Match button and second set of formats?

All your suggestions, requests and ideas for future development
Sirillion

Match button and second set of formats?

Post by Sirillion »

Greetings,

I was wondering if I could request a change and an addition to filebot?

The change I had in mind was the match button, and as I make it based on my personal preference I must express that I do understand that others might use it otherwise and that my requested change might not suit others preferences. I mostly use right click in the original files section when selecting which mode I select, and as such the match button is almost never used. However, if the match button could be changed to default to Smart Mode (auto detect) then I am certain I would almost always use the match button. Either that or have it default to Smart Mode on left click and then the Menu on right click?

The addition I had in mind was an alternative format mode so that we could set an alternative set of formats. I for instance use filebot with a format that moves the files from their location to another. But sometimes I find instances where I would like to use it to just rename where the files are if they are already in the location they are supposed to be. So an addition like this where one could maybe hold CTRL or something when the files are matched to swap between the two formats would be a very welcome addition on my part.
rednoah
The Source

Re: Match button and second set of formats?

Post by rednoah »

Sounds like what the existing Presets feature does, no?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3228

:idea: Maybe a few screenshots would make it more clear what exactly you would like to see, and how it would benefit you and other users.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
Sirillion

Post by Sirillion »

Thanks!

Didn't even know about those presets, and took me a wee while to find them :-P

Now I have presets that can fix all that I asked. The only thing I am missing from the Presets is the possibility to set Smart Mode so that I could just run the Preset with the Do Select Files option enabled and it would load the folder with the files I want renamed. Or is it there? Just me not seeing it?

The other thing I mentioned was just that I would like a change to how the Match button works. As it is now (in my W10 version at least, from the ms store) no matter which mouse button I click on Match with I get the selection menu. I would like to have the behavior changed so that one mouse button defaults to Smart Mode when clicking Match.

Then, no matter what files I put in there I could just click with one of the mouse buttons on Match and it would run in Smart Mode (autodetect) without me needing to do extra clicks in the selection menu.

I hope that was understandable, English is not my first language :)
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Smart Mode is somewhat unreliable, so it's not super default. But it seems that it works very well for you, so maybe with more positive reports I may make it a more "first and forefront" feature.

You can use Includes expressions to select only either episode or movie files.

e.g. only episode files

Code: Select all

f.episode
e.g. only non-Episode files (i.e. Movie files)

Code: Select all

!f.episode
This means you need separate Presets for dealing with episode and movie files, but there's quite a few advantages to doing it that way anyway in terms of user flow and dealing with issues.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.