License Activation Questions and Answers

Any questions? Need some help?
rednoah
The Source

Re: [FAQ] How do I activate my license?

Post by rednoah »

Oh, I see. You were looking for the "Paste License Key" button. That one was only added with FileBot 4.8.5 (currently in beta) for users that can't receive attachments. Sorry about that. Seems the docs have been updated a little bit too soon.

If you're curious about the new release, please give it a try:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9535
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
evansgo

Post by evansgo »

Haha, awesome, that explains it! Thanks :)
Taksee

Post by Taksee »

Hi, I purchased a License from the Windows Store back in December 7, 2016. I have a copy of the receipt and the order number from my Microsoft Account Purchase History, however, I do not believe I ever received my license. Thank you.

To elaborate, the Windows Store version works fine and I have had no issues since I'm assuming the license installs directly from the Windows Store.
However, I'm trying to install Filebot on my Ubuntu Server and it's asking for my License.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Taksee wrote: 27 Dec 2018, 14:51 Hi, I purchased a License from the Windows Store back in December 7, 2016. I have a copy of the receipt and the order number from my Microsoft Account Purchase History, however, I do not believe I ever received my license. Thank you.

To elaborate, the Windows Store version works fine and I have had no issues since I'm assuming the license installs directly from the Windows Store.
However, I'm trying to install Filebot on my Ubuntu Server and it's asking for my License.
Unfortunately, your Windows Store purchase cannot be used on Ubuntu. Please follow the link below for requesting a complimentary license:
viewtopic.php?t=9517
hgreene624

Post by hgreene624 »

I didnt get a license file and the paste option never appears
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

hgreene624 wrote: 31 Dec 2018, 17:57 I didnt get a license file and the paste option never appears
Please PM me your name + gmail + Paddle purchase number so I can resend your license file.
siyago

Post by siyago »

Hi there,

I've purchased the license on new year eve but I've not receive it to-date., Can you resend the license to [email protected]? Turn out my Google Drive is out of space which disallow my Gmail account to receive any email. Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

siyago wrote: 03 Jan 2019, 15:26 I've purchased the license on new year eve but I've not receive it to-date., Can you resend the license to [email protected]? Turn out my Google Drive is out of space which disallow my Gmail account to receive any email. Appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.
Sent.

GMail does indeed block email if you're over quota:
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=OverQuotaTemp

Please make sure that the email address you enter can actually receive email next time. :lol:
vanris

Post by vanris »

I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

vanris wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 03:55 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
I require name and Paddle Order Number. If you don't know your Paddle Order Number, please contact Paddle so they can help you recover your order using your payment information.
vanris

Post by vanris »

rednoah wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 04:31
vanris wrote: 10 Jan 2019, 03:55 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
I require name and Paddle Order Number. If you don't know your Paddle Order Number, please contact Paddle so they can help you recover your order using your payment information.
Sent what I believe it is via DM!
Thadeu

Post by Thadeu »

Thadeu Lomonaco - [email protected]
Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Thadeu wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 17:28 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.

Thadeu Lomonaco - ...
Thanks
Sure. What's your Paddle Order Number?
oosty

Post by oosty »

Posting so I can PM
brolos

Post by brolos »

Hi

Posting for PM, my activation email never made it..
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

brolos wrote: 15 Jan 2019, 08:17 Posting for PM, my activation email never made it..
Looks like it's stuck in limbo because your mail server is broken, or silently rejecting email:

Code: Select all

Will retry in 600 seconds: [email protected][email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6733123)' Server response: 451 Internal resource temporarily unavailable - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#451 [R0aC5nXbN3--MilE7S8Vwg.au19]
Please PM me your Gmail address so I can resend.
brolos

Post by brolos »

Hi it came through thanks..
olemariete

Post by olemariete »

Hello, I received the email with the license but I do not know how to download the file. I click on download and this browser page opens. How can I get the file to activate the program?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Download refers to the general download page, where you can download the FileBot installer package, not your license file. Your license file will have arrived via email as attachment.

The license email looks like this:

If you're using Outlook, then you're likely gonna find it in the SPAM folder accessible via the Outlook website.
olemariete

Post by olemariete »

Ok, this was in the spam. Thank you
Lomnar

Post by Lomnar »

Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Lomnar wrote: 21 Jan 2019, 12:40 I have not received my licence file - can you please send them through again.
Thanks
Did you check your SPAM folder? If you PM me your Name / Email / Order ID (and Gmail if Email isn't Gmail) then I can send it again.
dsongman

Post by dsongman »

Posting so that I can DM. I also received the Paddle confirmation but no second email with license file. Will DM details.
shaunpichoskie

Post by shaunpichoskie »

Activating this program is a joke, its maybe easy if you can follow there how to. But with no email attachment to copy or spot to paste the key I am starting to think this is a scam i fell for.
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

shaunpichoskie wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 01:17 Activating this program is a joke, its maybe easy if you can follow there how to. But with no email attachment to copy or spot to paste the key I am starting to think this is a scam i fell for.

I've resent your licence file:

09.02.2019 03:13	Delivered: [email protected][email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6943319)' Server response: 250 OK

Note that your license file has successfully been sent to your hotmail address, and was accepted successfully by hotmail, so I know that you've got it, so if you can't find it, then you may want to read up on how to find the spam / junk mail folder in your favorite email service:

08.02.2019 16:37	Delivered: [email protected][email protected] 'FileBot License (Order P6943319)' Server response: 250 OK