More detail in the "select best match" window ?

Support for Windows users
drwhofan

More detail in the "select best match" window ?

Post by drwhofan »

Hi ;
I'm using the older free version of filebot ( i have the Microsoft store version on a pc at home and i just purchased a universal license) so i'm not sure if the most current version can do this but i would like to see a little more information in the "select best match" window.

Here's the problem. I've used playon to record streams from various sources and it's great about correctly naming the movie but it can't pick up the production date. i use plex and emby video servers and they both want the "movie name (date)" format. If the movie has been remade ( The Three Musketeers for instance) i will have five "The Three Musketeers" selections to chose from (from TheMovieDB). Is there a way to show more detail in the "select best match " window ( like production year or actors - some way to identify them better)?

Also wanted to say thanks for the license scheme - my windows 7 systems will finally be able to rename directly again.
drwhofan

Re: More detail in the "select best match" window ?

Post by drwhofan »

woops - apparently i was selecting the tv version of TheMovieDB. when i chose the movie version , the date is shown. Would it be possible to have something popup like a poster thumbnail or additional movie detail when you "hover" over a selection? Thanks
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

If you hover over the different items, a tooltip will show you all the alternative titles and ID.

Showing additional information (that isn't immediately available) is currently not planned, since that would require additional network requests for each option and thus be quite slow / delayed.
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
drwhofan

Post by drwhofan »

Thanks i don't think i ever noticed the tool tip before. It figures though, that you already have some info there, you program is very flexible. This is a very good program overall and i'm very grateful to have it on my windows 7 systems again. Thanks again
drwhofan

Post by drwhofan »

is it possible the be able to copy from the "select best match" window ? That way i could hover and copy the title with the date and then paste into a browser search window to see more details on line.
drwhofan

Post by drwhofan »

wow control C / control V work ! kudos ! i have no more questions :D