Naming problem

All about user-defined episode / movie / file name format expressions
bi4s

Naming problem

Post by bi4s »

Hi
I have a naming problem with "One Piece".

My folder structure: \Series\One Piece\Season 1\

I always use this expression format: {n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}

My actual file name is now: One Piece - E62 - The First Line of Defense The Giant Whale Laboon Appears!

My problem is that my media server does not recognize the meta data with no season number. So my problem is my file name has no season number in it. As you see above. It should be ..S01E62.. (I tried with aniDB, movetvdb, and they don't recognize the season of the files..)

I tried all the possible Episode Order and Match Mode's and I couldn't make it work. I also tried {plex] but I realized it does only change path (bad for me) and has no impact on the file naming like I want it.

Do you have any help for me that I can get the season number in my filename? I have 8 seasons - so a lot of files...
If filebot can't handle my problem I would also do it for every season with a batch but I don't know how to code it.

Can you help me? :-)
rednoah
The Source

Re: Naming problem

Post by rednoah »

FAQ wrote: 16 Nov 2011, 16:46 Q: How can I change the episode numbering scheme to S00E00 instead of the default SxE?
You can change the naming scheme in Format Editor to whatever you like. Select Edit Format Image or double-click a New Names item to open the Format Editor.

NOTE: Anime don't have season numbers so converting AniDB absolute numbers to TheTVDB SxE numbers ImageImage can be tricky.
There's an easy way, but it's a bit complicated to explain how it works.

Here is the long answer:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2769
:idea: Please read the FAQ and How to Request Help.
bi4s

Post by bi4s »

Thanks for the answer. So I used your settings Image

What it does is the following:
from: ../Season 1/One Piece - E62 - The First Line of Defense The Giant Whale Laboon Appears!
to: ../Season 5/One Piece - S05E02 - The First Line of Defense The Giant Whale Laboon Appears!

I would like to keep the E62 but with a S01 in front. Obviously Season 5 is wrong for this file. (Kindly expected it to be S06E02 because of 62, but this would be bad too.)

Sorry I am a bit new to this :(
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

Nope, if you want your media to be recognized by Kodi or Plex, then you need them named with Season and Episode as defined by TheTVDB.

S05E02 is the druid you want. That's the SxE numbers for the 62nd episode.

You can however have the S00E00 numbers for Plex / Kodi and then add the absolute number in the filename at the end as well.
bi4s

Post by bi4s »

okay so E140 (from S1) will be S08E10.
anbd E628 (from S8) will be S16E49.

So you say like this it will be recognized right?

Now I have another thing, the {order.airdate.plex} does a new structure for me which I dislike. It does
../TV Shows/One Piece/Season 16/....

I would like to say in my Folder Series:
.../Series/One Piece.... how can I achieve this?

Usually I use: {n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}
can I use {order.airdate.plex} somehow mixed with my usual format or would you just keep the /TV Shows/ and at the end after renaming you would move it back to the old /Series/ folder?

And a last question, how can I write the absolute number at the end of the file name?
{order.airdate.plex} - ???

THX for help! :D
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

This should do:

Code: Select all

{order.airdate.plex.name} [E{absolute}]
bi4s

Post by bi4s »

Nice, pretty good thanks!!

Its correct that now the new named files are in the same season folder like before right?

So E9 now named S02E01 and still in Season 1 folder. This is correct like that?
rednoah
The Source

Post by rednoah »

The format above will yield a file name, and so any file you process will be renamed in place, wherever they may be.